The Boxing Thread

Ollie

What a let down.

Pacman still haunted by the Marquez knockout and it showed big time. He was aleays known for his relentless and fearless attacks.. Without that he was shown to be a very average fighter!

Such a shame!

I can't stand Gayweather.

This just shows that there really isn't a God.

I don't think if there was a god he'd have much care about two people put in a ring together to assault each other for the pleasure of millions. :lol:

Mayweather was always going to win IMO, Pacquiao needed to cut off the ring effectively but time and time again he fails to do so. He lunges in whenever he does his flurry of punches which means it's easy for Floyd to move and counter. Lets not forget the size difference, Maywhether has the longer reach and is the more bigger of the two. Floyds counter right is one of the best in boxing, all night that discouraged Pacman to come forward. I laugh at all the people who bash Maywhether for 'holding' or 'running away', the fact is he typifies the sweet science. He's technically superb and is the best boxer of our generation.

I don't think if there was a god he'd have much care about two people put in a ring together to assault each other for the pleasure of millions. :lol:

Well he cheated us in the Argentina vs England game once upon a time....

Or was that Maradona?

Mayweather was always going to win IMO, Pacquiao needed to cut off the ring effectively but time and time again he fails to do so. He lunges in whenever he does his flurry of punches which means it's easy for Floyd to move and counter. Lets not forget the size difference, Maywhether has the longer reach and is the more bigger of the two. Floyds counter right is one of the best in boxing, all night that discouraged Pacman to come forward. I laugh at all the people who bash Maywhether for 'holding' or 'running away', the fact is he typifies the sweet science. He's technically superb and is the best boxer of our generation.

This. He didn't even run "tbh" the only time he koved a lot was when he spun out of the corner. Pacquiao was going straight in and after Round 7 was easy work for Floyd.

It's sad that he is being called the best boxer of our generation tbh.

Just showed how shit boxing is.

He's one of the greatest defensive fighters ever and that's it!

His record is fake too.. He knows he lost to Castillo and even DeLaHoya could have gone the other way.

Disgusting human being too!

It's sad that he is being called the best boxer of our generation tbh.

Just showed how shit boxing is.

He's one of the greatest defensive fighters ever and that's it!

His record is fake too.. He knows he lost to Castillo and even DeLaHoya could have gone the other way.

Disgusting human being too!

Best boxer of our generation would be the Klitschko brothers, not Mayweather.

Boxing used to be so much fun but today it is a complete bore. Thanks for the so called tbe to demonstrate why. UTC owns the shit out of boxing. No idea why anyone even gives a cent to that little mayweather prick. Best pound for pound my ass. That tiny old shit would not stand a chance in a free fight.

Khan wont fight may weather in September. He is a Muslim and the fight would be in Ramadan. It is almost impossible to prepare a fight and obey those bullshit restrictions.

Boxing used to be so much fun but today it is a complete bore. Thanks for the so called tbe to demonstrate why. UTC owns the shit out of boxing. No idea why anyone even gives a cent to that little mayweather prick. Best pound for pound my ass. That tiny old shit would not stand a chance in a free fight.

Khan wont fight may weather in September. He is a Muslim and the fight would be in Ramadan. It is almost impossible to prepare a fight and obey those bullshit restrictions.

UFC is the same thing.

All wrestlers are dominating the UFC now. Pride was fun, ufc is not entertaining at all anymore. Just laying on people and tiring them out these days.

Not gonna pretend to be a Boxing nut like a lot of people became during the fight :lol: I did watch it, though Mayweather fully deserved that win, defensively strong and landed his punches far more accurately than Pacman.

Boxing doesn't really interest me since Heavyweight boxing died.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The hate is strong. There is no right way to win a fight, Floyd is the smartest boxer, best defensive fighter, and amazing counter puncher.

Not gonna pretend to be a Boxing nut like a lot of people became during the fight :lol: I did watch it, though Mayweather fully deserved that win, defensively strong and landed his punches far more accurately than Pacman.

Boxing doesn't really interest me since Heavyweight boxing died.

Well you can hardly boast about closely beating a guy with a torn labrum......

Do you think this is his last fight? The way he's been constantly repeating it, I have to say it could well be.

Here's a question for you: What fighter got put down in everyone of his fights but got back up to win them all?. I'll post the answer soon.

Answer?

GGG is a monster.

Yea big fight against Lemieux this autumn (or fall as you'd say ;p). As GGG said he was willing to go down to 154 for Floyd, it would have been interesting to see Mayweather fight him.

Here's what a comparison of their height and reach would look like.

Height

Mayweather- 5'8" Golovkin- 5' 10.5"

Reach

Mayweather- 72" Golovkin- 70"