The Boxing Thread

Ollie

Over here in the states every Floyd and Pacquioa fight is $74.99. After taxes and everything it's like $94.

Fuck that, we get all the fights on the subscription based channel Boxnation, just £12 a month.

So what about if you already pay for Showtime and HBO? is it like Sky box office?

Fuck that, we get all the fights on the subscription based channel Boxnation, just £12 a month.

So what about if you already pay for Showtime and HBO? is it like Sky box office?

Really? I know Televisa in Mexico get them for free.

I have ShowTime and HBO, $10 a month, and get the free fights but still have to pay for PPV's (Floyd, Pacquiao, Cotto sometimes, and Canelo sometimes.)

I think Khan's speed will def win him several rounds against Mayweather, but I don't see him beating him. While Mayweather doesn't have a lot of power, Khan has a glass jaw, mayweather could drop him.

I also think Mayweather beats Pac. Of course, won't be an easy fight but Mayweather is still in great condition and his counter-punching will get him the UD.

i dont think simply counter punching will be enough for mayweather against Pacquiao, Manny is the type of fighter who is willing to take a punch to get his combinations off, Floyds legs are clearly gone he wont have the legs to get his shots off and get out of range in time against Pacquiao, i think Pacquiao's straight left will be the key to his victory, Pacquiao is still the best in the sport at landing that straight left, he has hurt a lot of people with that punch and that is a orthadox fighters biggest weakness against a southpaw, i think once Floyd starts eating Pacquiao's straight left he is going to go into survial mode and if Pacquiao cuts the ring off he could stop Mayweather

Floyd would beat Pac nowadays but I am not sure they should bother now they are both looking their age. It's like that Deniro vs Stallone boxing film, yeah in their prime but time has passed.

If they did fight Floyd would beat him.

why do you say that? i think Floyd is looking more past it then Pacquiao, when a guy like Maidana is beating you to the jab you know something isnt right

You can stream boxing just like football.... No need to spend $75.

i think that is why once Pacquiao, Cotto and Mayweather retire in the next few years PPV boxing will be a thing of the past, especially with the quality of streams improving, and the lack of up and coming PPV stars

i dont think simply counter punching will be enough for mayweather against Pacquiao, Manny is the type of fighter who is willing to take a punch to get his combinations off, Floyds legs are clearly gone he wont have the legs to get his shots off and get out of range in time against Pacquiao, i think Pacquiao's straight left will be the key to his victory, Pacquiao is still the best in the sport at landing that straight left, he has hurt a lot of people with that punch and that is a orthadox fighters biggest weakness against a southpaw, i think once Floyd starts eating Pacquiao's straight left he is going to go into survial mode and if Pacquiao cuts the ring off he could stop Mayweather

Pacquiao took shots to land against Marquez too, look what happened. Straight right ko'ed him. Floyd still can be effective with his legs, especially if he has Kenny Bayless. I do think Pacquiao beats him though.

Floyd was moving more than he's ever done against Maidana. Not sure how you can his legs are gone.

Floyd beats Pacquiao and puts on a boxing clinic imo. Marquez owned Pac several times and I don't see how Floyd doesn't perform even better against him.

Pac is a great fighter no doubt about it. But Mayweather is a much better boxer imo. Won't be a cake walk of course but I don't see anything other than a Mayweather UD. To each his own though.

Pacquiao took shots to land against Marquez too, look what happened. Straight right ko'ed him. Floyd still can be effective with his legs, especially if he has Kenny Bayless. I do think Pacquiao beats him though.

Marquez was different, that was the most reckless Pacquiao has ever been and since that KO Pacquiao has been boxing a lot more smarter and is a lot less reckless. I agree though if the fight happens Floyd will make sure Bayless is the referee which would make things more difficult.

Floyd was moving more than he's ever done against Maidana. Not sure how you can his legs are gone.

Floyd beats Pacquiao and puts on a boxing clinic imo. Marquez owned Pac several times and I don't see how Floyd doesn't perform even better against him.

Pac is a great fighter no doubt about it. But Mayweather is a much better boxer imo. Won't be a cake walk of course but I don't see anything other than a Mayweather UD. To each his own though.

What? no he never, Mayweather was getting beat to the jab by a slow Maidana! his reflexes are a lot slower and he clearly is moving a lot less, he used to dance around the ring now he sits on the ropes a lot, similar to Ali, when Ali got old he just sat on the ropes in his fights, and you cant compare Marquez to Mayweather, Marquez had the advantage of fighting Pacquiao four times, if you keep giving someone as good as Marquez rematch after rematch he will eventually beat you, and Marquez is a very different fighter to Mayweather. and what makes you think Mayweather would perform even better then Marquez? and what makes you think the current Mayweather could put on a boxing clinic against a fast hard hitting southpaw like Pacquiao?

Marquez is a counter puncher, but a very different one from Floyd. Marquez will punch with someone to land his timed shot, Floyd is defense first. He wasn't moving amazing vs Maidana who has improved under Garcia. Maidana, like others have said, beat him to the punch, better jab, even counterd Floyd with his own pull counter. I think Pacquiao is still a top class fighter, he was looking great vs Marquez and dominated Bradley. Floyd looked good against Canelo, before that I can't remember him being impressive. He even said himself he has lost passion for the sport and it's just his job now. I think it would be a good fight, but a boxing clinic? No way, Pacquiao is more explosive and skilled than anyone Floyd has faced in a few years. It's a close fight, I lean towards Pac, but Floyd via SD wouldn't surprise me.

Pac has changed his style the last year or so IMO, he's not as explosive and doesn't throw as much power punches as he once did.. Floyd would beat this current Pac.

I think Pac's slight change in style makes him more likely to beat Mayweather tbh.

I dont know, The pac against Cotto was just deadly. Quick, fast hands, perfect jabs, power punches from all different angles. Floyd was scared to death.

yes that's true, but now both fighters are not the same and Pac is less reckless, and therefore harder to counter, Pac focuses more on getting his combinations off then getting out of range.