The Boxing Thread

Ollie

Froch looks very relaxed.

As I said it's as if George NEEDS to win. If Froch loses people will say he has had a great run but if George loses people will say he doesn't have it at title level.

We shall see, I feel slightly ill :/

I knew that was going to happen. George was poor tonight and as much as I like him I think it proved the difference in strength between the two. George had been hitting and hitting him but didn't really affect Froch but out of nowhere Froch took him down.

Tough night feel like crying :(

When you don't have the strength in your punches hard to come back.

I think George allowed all the PR to overwhelm him.

I really feel for George

Forest beat Chelsea....been a while since that happened..

wasn`t impressed with Froch as a boxer,but never really have been..he is a good fighter tho..he was throwing the most punches but they weren`t very accurate until the last one..then he struck like the cobra he likes to call himself..thought George was getting ontop and didn`t have Groves down as many rounds as Jim "the miserable shit" Watt was spouting during the first 6 rounds.

Great plan by Froch. Started off a bit slow, took off around round 4 or 5, body punches paid dividends. Didn't overuse the right hand and the set Groves up with a beautiful feint. Groves didn't surprise Froch this time. Great fight by Cobra.

How about Froch's girlfriend? :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Golovkin's power is insane, he wants to fight Cotto but lets be honest Cotto wouldn't last six rounds... he should juat move up and fight Chavez jr, Ward or even Froch, that would be exciting.

GGG is so fun to watch. Patient, stalking, power puncher. Precise punching, cuts off the ring beautifully and is always in a position to land a punch, and piston like jab. He wants Cotto for the $$. To say Cotto wouldn't last 6 is crazy though. He destroyed Martinez and is the most well rounded fighter GGG would have ever seen.

Chavez Jr wants too much money to fight Golovkin. Ward is boring as fuck. Froch would be great.

GGG is so fun to watch. Patient, stalking, power puncher. Precise punching, cuts off the ring beautifully and is always in a position to land a punch, and piston like jab. He wants Cotto for the $$. To say Cotto wouldn't last 6 is crazy though. He destroyed Martinez and is the most well rounded fighter GGG would have ever seen.

Chavez Jr wants too much money to fight Golovkin. Ward is boring as fuck. Froch would be great.

He was against a 39-year-old Sergio Martinez, who had a 14 month layoff and two major knee surgeries in that year. Watching that fight you could see that his legs were fucked and that obviously slowed down his movement, he was damaged goods. Cotto is an excellent fighter, but he's not a natural middleweight, Golovikin is and the power he generates in his punches is incredible. Cotto has been hurt by much smaller, less powerful punchers, so i can only see this going one way.

He was against a 39-year-old Sergio Martinez, who had a 14 month layoff and two major knee surgeries in that year. Watching that fight you could see that his legs were fucked and that obviously slowed down his movement, he was damaged goods. Cotto is an excellent fighter, but he's not a natural middleweight, Golovikin is and the power he generates in his punches is incredible. Cotto has been hurt by much smaller, less powerful punchers, so i can only see this going one way.

Sergio was still the champ. Funny how he was shot, but when the fight was building up everyone thought Martinez would KO Cotto.

It doesn't matter how much he can sit on his punches, Cotto has great footwork and does well to stay out of corners or the ropes and turn his opponents when he is on them. He was hurt at 140 and 147, yes, but Cotto has always been a vulnerable champ, he has tremendous heart. He looks like a reborn fighter with Freddie Roach in his corner, he brought the left hook to the body back. I think GGG would beat him, but not by the landslide you think. It would be very competitive.

• 5 weeks later...