The Boxing Thread

Ollie

Froch needs to conclusively win this. Imo he would have gone on to knock out Groves anyway but who knows what the referee was thinking.. It would be nice if Groves won, but Froch must cement his superiority.

I'm expecting Groves to say or do something close to fight night, just to see if he can provoke Froch into going all out from the start.

Froch's psychologist seems to have done a good job with him but the true Froch came out at the end of " The gloves are off " when they shook hands. I still think he can be easily provoked

Just hope they gives the fans a good fight, I don't wanna be watching some cagey bore fest of a fight

I'm expecting Groves to say or do something close to fight night, just to see if he can provoke Froch into going all out from the start.

Froch's psychologist seems to have done a good job with him but the true Froch came out at the end of " The gloves are off " when they shook hands. I still think he can be easily provoked

Just hope they gives the fans a good fight, I don't wanna be watching some cagey bore fest of a fight

Froch is never in a boring fight....except for the Super 6 final vs Ward.

Pascal

Kessler x2

Taylor

Bute

Abraham

Dirrell.

Groves should tread lightly, Froch will make him pay.

Dont know whether to get it or not, whenever i buy them, the fight is like 2 seconds when I dont its amazing.

Admitted their is a fairly strong undercard may just say **** it, but I will be might pissed if George gets screwed like the first time.

I thought **** it so I've treated myself to the Froch vs Groves fight on Box Office. It was always about £15 for boxing but sneakily it's £16.95 and extra £5 if you phone to book and also £5 if you book now. Bit if a joke but luckily booked last night.

I can't wait for the Froch vs Groves fight but few good fights on the undercard.

Anthony Joshua really is pretty strong. He needs some harder fights but I think he is a brilliant talent for the future.

As already said if Froch goes into box, he will win, if he goes to brawl 50/50

This is assuming Groves has worked on increasing his punching power - he hit Froch plenty of times clean and Froch didn't go down, so if I was Groves I would have trained nothing but 'haymakers' ;) not to be confused with 'broken toe' 'hayemakers' ;)

Come on my fellow Hammersmith boy saint George Groves...:)

some quality boxers born in Hammersmith...Frank Bruno,Joe Calzaghe (tho Wales fairly claim him) and now George Groves.

Groves is the better boxer imo..better speed and precision with his punches,better technique but Froch may be the better brawler because he has the ring experience and has won a few fights when he hasn`t been the better boxer..i think Groves will win it but no result would shock me really...should be an epic contest.

DeGale should want Froch to win because Groves has always had his number both in the amatuers and Pro.

I think Froch really underestimated Groves in the first fight he took him by surprise.

I can't see Carl taking him so lightly this time.

It is going to be a tough fight. I thought George was robbed first fight but this time Froch will be ready.

George needs to stay calm and not let the pressure of the occasion and size of venue and people watching affect him.

If I had to and I like both fighters, if I had to pick I would quite like George to win but I worry he has been very confident recently. He has to do the job right.

I hope the ref is decent :/

I'm slightly worried I don't want either to get hurt. Good clean fight :(

It's strange because despite Carl being the champ so many people are saying this fight is now George's to lose. I think that may actually put more pressure on him to win :/