The Boxing Thread

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...

I knew Groves would make Froch look stupid in there! he is the better boxer, is faster and has great power! shame the ref spoiled a great fight but even if it went the distance Froch still would have got the decision which is a joke!!!

Looking forward to the Pacquiao fight now!

I just watched the fight, WHAT A F******* DISGRACE!!!

I like both fighters, watch each of them fighting through the years. However I kinda of had a feeling that Groves was going to do it. As it began and he knocked him down pratically straight away, i thought yes he is on his way. Then he fought another 9 rounds of magnificent boxing, he was humilating Froch, he was a beast. Froch looked tired and was simply being outboxed. Just as the commentator says "..l can't see how Froch can win now...". He gets probably the first period of any pressure on George and the ref ***** stops it. I couldn't believe.

I am sorry but after everything George did to Carl and not to mention the multiple times Carl was 'warned' about illegal shots, he really should have had points off. The first real shots and he stops it, George was fine. I really CAN'T BELIEVE, that happen. He dominated the whole fight yet he lost, I am sorry I think there must be sinister motives at work.

That was such a waste of a good fight, and that ref f****** robbed George of a deserved fantastic victory. I am disgusted. I love boxing but these constant shi* decisions are getting out of hand, wasting wonderful fights. That fight should never have been stopped.

Glad I didn't ***** pay for that, i'd be ringing up for a refund. :rant: :rant:

I do think Froch would have either knocked him out or got a proper TKO. Fair play to groves because he came to fight. He didn't have to trade punches with Froch that late into the rounds, he could have boxed a lot smarter

Rematch has to happen! Froch will look so stupid if he doesn't give him one. Groves is only going to get better and Froch will not improve, he will decline if anything.

If Froch retires I hope Groves gives him a lot of shit for it. Remember Froch calling Calzaghe out after he retired?