Seattle Sounders Vs Chelsea

James

Good chance to test a few possible partnerships, this game - Just to see if there are any good understandings already (like Torres & Mata).

Hazard-Lukaku

De Bruyne-Hazard

De Bruyne-Lukaku

Hazard-Kakuta

McEachran or Ramires in the midfield 2

Combinations of Luiz/Ivanovic/Cahill

(Just realised that out of the current travelling party, we have no orthodox left-back, and only 2 strikers, one of whom has never played for the senior team - Looks like Lukaku will get his chance to prove himself)

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good chance to test a few possible partnerships, this game - Just to see if there are any good understandings already (like Torres & Mata).

Hazard-Lukaku

De Bruyne-Hazard

De Bruyne-Lukaku

Hazard-Kakuta

McEachran or Ramires in the midfield 2

Combinations of Luiz/Ivanovic/Cahill

(Just realised that out of the current travelling party, we have no orthodox left-back, and only 2 strikers, one of whom has never played for the senior team - Looks like Lukaku will get his chance to prove himself)

Lukaku... left back... :halo:

I'm really looking forward to the summer tour, going to be great to see our new stars in the blue of Chelsea. Particularly keen to see Hazard and his box of tricks. :)

Same me to. Just want to get some football back, then get closer to the start of the season...

My prediction for the game is Hazard to score his first goal for chelsea and a 4-0 win.... start out optimistic...

Not that I would care, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one. They are in the middle of their season while it's the very first preseason game in a different continent with new players and some major players missing for us.

Yossi Benayoun@YossiBenayoun15

Unbelievable dressing room.. http://pic.twitter.com/vtzaQzxc

View photo

I read about this in "Bloody Confused: A clueless American sportswriter seeks solace in English soccer"

The author said he was shocked how spartan the Manchester United locker room was compared to the US ones he'd been in and he theorized that because of the cultural difference (American Sports writers are allowed mandatory access to teams locker rooms) they put more money into them to make it more luxurious.

Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario, Jamal Blackman, Paulo Ferreira, Sam Hutchinson, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Josh McEachran, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Gael Kakuta, Yossi Benayoun, Romelu Lukaku, Todd Kane, Nathaniel Chalobah, George Saville, Lucas Piazon, Patrick Bamford.

These are the players who have travelled. I hope Essien has a good couple of games and i hope Kakuta plays well too, i really do. I'm surprised Chalobah has travelled tbh he's only just come back from the U19 World Cup. Ovbiously our Olympians wont be there and the guys who got to the KO phase of the Euro's too (Except Petr). It's good for the youngsters to get a run tho. Really looking forward to seeing Hazard, Marin and De Bruyne in the 3 behind Lukaku. Excellent potential there.

Lovely opener by Sturridge in that one with from his weaker foot. And people say his right foot is totally useless....

His goal against QPR was with his right foot too, he certainly knows how to use it.

Yossi Benayoun@YossiBenayoun15

Unbelievable dressing room.. http://pic.twitter.com/vtzaQzxc

View photo

I read about this in "Bloody Confused: A clueless American sportswriter seeks solace in English soccer"

The author said he was shocked how spartan the Manchester United locker room was compared to the US ones he'd been in and he theorized that because of the cultural difference (American Sports writers are allowed mandatory access to teams locker rooms) they put more money into them to make it more luxurious.

If it is the NFL dressingroom ....bear in mind it must cater for 50 players I think rather than a PL one catering for 18

I think I'm going to have to get some shut out about 9ish Wednesday night then, wake up to watch Chelsea and then back to bed for 3 hours before work.

I'm not expecting results in pre season, just some promising performances and fitness. The Seattle and MLS All Star games won't be easy because the MLS is currently in mid season so players should be in peak condition.

I am looking forward in this game in particular that still without so many players we should get to see a number of the younger players get a run out. I would expect to see most players only get a half, 50-55 minutes max.

In Germany we're probably the worst off (does this expression actually exist ?). It's at 3:30. It's too early to sleep before but when you stay awake it'll be late... gonna try the latter, in holdiay my sleeping rhythm sucks anyway :D