AVB claims some credit for CL win

skeeo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the type of thread that i can see serving about 3 days and getting locked lol.

Fact is, we got better when AVB left just like in 2009 we got better when Scolari left. I do think more is being said about his quotes than needs be. It's not a big deal.

Why even comment Andre ? He should be embarrassed that RDM got the reaction from the players that he did. Drogba at 34 years of age looked like he was rolling back the years with his dominant performances. He turned Mikel into a midfield dog, RDM turned Mikel into a midfield player that dominated the midfield in the biggest cup final in world football. EVEN FUCKING KALOU GAVE US SOMETHING IN A DEFENSIVE WAY ! The fact is he destroyed his relationship with a lot of the players when he basically shit on both Alex and Anelka !

Thats totally unfair. Did you even think to consider what the reporters' question was? Maybe they were heckling him to get an answer? And he can't just reject the question can he? Did you read the whole quote? Did he ask for a medal? He did not even take credit for the trophies. All he said was he had some part in it which is true to a certain extent.

I'm not trying to change your opinion about the man's personality or whatever, but your reaction is way OTT over what is actually a NOTHING comment blown up by the media.

He said he deserved credit. The only credit he deserves is for appointing di Matteo as his assistant.

Regardless of what he said, I don't like Villas-Boas and I never will. He was annoying when he was our manager, I had to bite my lip because I wanted to slap him every time I saw him on Sky Sports News. He's a morose idiot who thinks he is the prodigal child of Mourinho. He is not. The fact is, he failed at Chelsea. And he could have saved face by not commenting on the Chelsea situation. He's a bitter man, and he will be even more bitter when he sees Spurs crumble next season.

Why even comment Andre ? He should be embarrassed that RDM got the reaction from the players that he did. Drogba at 34 years of age looked like he was rolling back the years with his dominant performances. He turned Mikel into a midfield dog, RDM turned Mikel into a midfield player that dominated the midfield in the biggest cup final in world football. EVEN FUCKING KALOU GAVE US SOMETHING IN A DEFENSIVE WAY ! The fact is he destroyed his relationship with a lot of the players when he basically shit on both Alex and Anelka !

This.

AVB biggest problem was that he alienated most of the squad. You dont as a 33 tear old coach go in and make it public knowledge that you want to drop or sell most of the established stars then ask them to go out and give 100% each week. It's called man management and his in this instance was appalling (actually hear he has very good man management skills).

His second biggest mistake was trying his revolution rather than evolutionary approach to a change in tactics. To change formation and playing style you need to slowly bring in a different type of player. He failed at this, and we were left scrambling for ppl such as Meireles (he best improve because I for one think he was pants last year) on transfer day. I for one don't believe he had any involvement in the Mata signing, most off our transfers are conducted by the scouting network.

Most of this stems from the arrogance he showed when ever he was questioned by the media. But as ppl have pointed out he was largely hung out to dry by the Britiah rag papers.

I wish him well (but not at the spuds), and think he was slightly hard done by at Chelsea. Think he could be a wonderful manager... Having said that I'm glad he was asked to shuffle on when he was.

Come on RDM!!!

The main credit he can take is making our joruney there memorable! With him we nearly messed up the group stage...made it somehow..then that 3-1 loss only to come back against Di Matteo on a bloody great night.Made it less meh and more ahhhhhhhh nevery times

"Since I met the chairman I've been impressed by the way he goes around his business," Villas-Boas said in the Independent. "He's a person who knows what he's doing, he has football understanding and wants to build something.

"He is involved on a daily basis with his knowledge. That's the main difference. The structures that surround Tottenham are extremely good. Everyone knows they have to play a part in any success and are not looking for scapegoats.

"It was never in my mind to get back so quickly. Is Tottenham a better fit for me? Put it this way: I think there is more a sense of belonging here. The club is full of tradition and this is what I have to admire.

"Chelsea has its tradition too, but it has changed dramatically since 2003 when the club was bought."

"Since I met the chairman I've been impressed by the way he goes around his business," Villas-Boas said in the Independent. "He's a person who knows what he's doing, he has football understanding and wants to build something.

"He is involved on a daily basis with his knowledge. That's the main difference. The structures that surround Tottenham are extremely good. Everyone knows they have to play a part in any success and are not looking for scapegoats.

"It was never in my mind to get back so quickly. Is Tottenham a better fit for me? Put it this way: I think there is more a sense of belonging here. The club is full of tradition and this is what I have to admire.

"Chelsea has its tradition too, but it has changed dramatically since 2003 when the club was bought."

How will AVB fans defend this gem?