AVB claims some credit for CL win

skeeo

just to add. with AVB one thing keeps entering my mind when i think of him,the writing was on the wall from the start but i guess we were all too optimistic to see it at the time.

if a player is not in the team he doesn`t explain to them why.

you can think pampered ego`s or whatever but if you not selected for whatever reason if you are a youngster or a veteran..you should always know why. *

*this only applies to club sides tho.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just bitter.

The only reasons he is likened to Mourinho is because he worked for Mourinho and is Portugese. In reality his football philosophy is completely different to that of Mourinho's.

I suppose they do look alike.

I dont think he is naive at all, for reasons I pointed out in my earlier post on this thread.

Yes.

I dont see why a manager cant be animated on the touchline, look at Guardiola on the touchline.

One of the main reasons things went so badly at Chelsea, he didn't get all pally with the English media, as they expect you to, and so he was cast as a villain.

DVD's are an important part of modern football, Pep Guardiola made great use of DVD's to scout the opposition and also inspirational DVD's to show his players before games.

I dont think he was necessarily stubborn, he was brought in on the back of a world record fee to implement a certain kind of football, that was his job. I dont think he is overly arrogant either, confident yes.

What manager doesn't have the occasional moan?

If you think that is bitter et al, you entirely missed the point. I was satirising the media's opinion on AVb and other common thoughts and opinions on AVB. It was fairly weak effort, but my own brand of satire, nonetheless.

AVB needs to shut his mouth. I thought he was annoying as our manager - as Spurs manager he's proving to be an even bigger loudmouth than I originally thought. He is quite obviously trying to replicate Mourinho's trademark arrogance, but he lacks the cheek and the charisma to pull it off. Mourinho is, in effect, constantly trolling the average football reporter. Villas-Boas is also trolling with a quite poor impression of his mentor, and its frankly embarrassing. What he is suggesting, is that Scolari should also be given a winner's medal for the 2009 FA Cup win. And, by extension, since this is also mainly Ancelotti's squad, he should be getting a Champions League medal too, etc. etc. What a tool the man is.

Thats totally unfair. Did you even think to consider what the reporters' question was? Maybe they were heckling him to get an answer? And he can't just reject the question can he? Did you read the whole quote? Did he ask for a medal? He did not even take credit for the trophies. All he said was he had some part in it which is true to a certain extent.

I'm not trying to change your opinion about the man's personality or whatever, but your reaction is way OTT over what is actually a NOTHING comment blown up by the media.

I'm not sure I agree of him as a 'Tactical Genius' - in fact, I'm pretty much of the opinion that is where he lacks understanding (in the Premiership anyway)...

Yes, he deserves credit for bringing in some players, but then every preceeding manager also deserves credit, right back to Glenn Hoddle and Ruud Gullit - as it was Glenn that started the ball rolling and kudos to him, if it wasn't for his 'Ron Atkinson' moment on disabled people - who knows where he could of ended up in Mgmt...

So I think AVB will do an OK job at Spurs - but I think those that are expecting more than Harry - might be in for a shock - he'll do amazingly well to get them to 4th this coming season...

He is not a good coach , he must be more 'lucide' , he never managed to have a team that played football at Chelsea , when Robbie Di Matteo took us we managed to win 5-1 vs spurs 5-2 Leiceter 6-1 QPR 4-2 VIlla , we scored a lot more with Di Matteo , Torres getting the Hat trick agains QPR...

He certainly deserves some part for winning CL and Facup, Mata is his buy I guess after all, but should seriously never join Spurs...

Mata was never 'bought' by Villas Boas , it was the direction, and seriosly , even us fans knew that Mata was a 'must buy' player.

Is that true? I've heard that, but I thought it was BS.

I'm not sure, the rule is very vague (only says that the club receives 30 gold medals). But since Players who were not involved in the final but only in previous rounds got medals and since AVB was our manager for more games in the tournament that RDM, I think it follows that he gets a medal as well, but I'm not sure.

The headline Sky Sports went with: "Roman quit on me", seems rather redundant now, considering what followed under RDM. Roman was right, take it on the chin AVB..

Naïve Villas-Boas.

It was 'Andre Naive-Boas', actually.

I was the one who christened him.

"With André Villas-Boas we wouldn't have gone past Napoli and etc..." -> Had Lampard and co spent more time on trying to play well, instead of bitching like spoilt kids, we wouldn't have been in this kind of position, not at all.