AVB claims some credit for CL win

skeeo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think we would have overcamed napoli if avb was in charge? i highly doubt it, the egos would just lose it on purpose... just to get em sacked i felt... the highline destroyed us with those slow players.

the manure 3 0 to 3 3 game made roman rethink!

Well if it weren't for him we might not have even made it out of the group stage, so he does deserve some credit.

This have not to do anything with what he said but.

Do you really think if it weren't for him we might got eliminated in groupe stage? I would say otherwise, we got nearly eliminated because of him.

This have not to do anything with what he said but.

Do you really think if it weren't for him we might got eliminated in groupe stage? I would say otherwise, we got nearly eliminated because of him.

Be fair, he achieved a couple of good things in his time. For example he got Sturridge and Mata to play brilliantly, both fell away (in Sturridge's case, dramatically) under Di Matteo.

Whatever he says or any of you say, i can't give him any credit at all. We usually get out of the group easily, every year but this time we had to win the last game after poor performances at Genk and Leverkusen. He also made a change when we were winning at Valencia which had a bad effect (Kalou on).

Then we had finally sneaked out of an easy-ish group, next was Napoli and we got smashed, could or should've been more than 3 they scored.

Barcelona.... would he have played high line? Like he did home to Arsenal with their quick players? It woulda been a massacre. AVB left us hanging on with the skin of our teeth in the UCL.

There's no doubting that Chelsea improved both on and off the pitch when Robbie took over the reigns from him.

How many of those players were his and did he really put the team together? The base of that team were challenging the UCL since the mid 2000's. He broke the team up rather than put it together.

Sturridge and Romeu are the 2 things i'll give him credit for but leaving Drogba, Lampard and Cole out of the Napoli away game was the final nail. WBA was just the varnish on the top of his coffin.

Kalou gave the needless pen away in Valencia when we had full control of the game.

Anyway, what's done is done. I just find it funny that he thinks he put that squad together.

Be fair, he achieved a couple of good things in his time. For example he got Sturridge and Mata to play brilliantly, both fell away (in Sturridge's case, dramatically) under Di Matteo.

Absollutely agree with this. Sturridge enjoyed playing under him but we may only speculate if his perfomance was more affected by his injury or sacking of Boas. With Mata I think it is very different case. He played brillianty another matches under Robbie too, he was one of the key factors of our FA Cup win, unfortunately he was fatigued and he is really usless in style of play we used against Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

Yet Boas deserves credit for buying Mata ( no need to explain why ) buying Meireles ( who was key factor how to eliminate Messi, even though he played better under Robbie ), byuing Cahill ( we would be screwd without him and he also shown some world-class permormance, he was beast against Barca and Bayern ).

This post post was more focused on the fact that we were nearer to elimination that in any of our previous years in UCL group stage.

Absollutely agree with this. Sturridge enjoyed playing under him but we may only speculate if his perfomance was more affected by his injure or sacking of Boas. With Mata I think it is very different case. He played brillianty another matches under Robbie too, he was one of the key factors of our FA Cup win, unfortunately he was fatigued and he is really little usless in style of play we used against Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

Yet Boas deserves credit for buying Mata ( no need to explain why ) buying Meireles ( who was key factor how to eliminate Messi, even though he played better under Robbie ), byuing Cahill ( we would be srewd without him and he also shown some world-class permormance, he was beast against Barca and Bayern ).

This post post was more focused on the fact that we were nearer to elimination that in any of our previous years in UCL group stage.

Sorry, I should have made it clear that it was fatigue rather than the change of manager that impacted on Mata ;)

I would take transfers out of the equation. We haven't had a manager signing since January 2011, they've all been done by whoever held the role of Technical Director/Director of Football.

Sturridge and Romeu are the 2 things i'll give him credit for but leaving Drogba, Lampard and Cole out of the Napoli away game was the final nail. WBA was just the varnish on the top of his coffin.

Kalou gave the needless pen away in Valencia when we had full control of the game.

Anyway, what's done is done. I just find it funny that he thinks he put that squad together.

He did not leave Drogba out. Drogba started that match.

And he could hardly have predicted that Kalou was going to be a dumbass and give away a penalty.

The decision to leave out Lampard and possibly Cole weren't vindicated on the pitch, but they had been in poor form before and deserved the axe.

Drogba, however, was an awful call. The man was made for European nights.

Drogba started in Naples.

The decision to leave out Lampard and possibly Cole weren't vindicated on the pitch, but they had been in poor form before and deserved the axe.

Drogba, however, was an awful call. The man was made for European nights.

All down to his poor man-management and kamikaze attacking football that doesn't suit the players.

Oh yeah he was critisised for leaving Torres out wasn't he when he seemed in a bit of form (ish), well that was a no win situation then lol but seriously in the UCL under him, bar one game we were awful. It was the players who had to get themselves up for the Valencia home game too because they knew it was shit or bust. He didn't need to bring Kalou on, he's shit when he's good. Everything was going perfect.... leave it!

We started the campaign shit, he left us truly in the shit. Look at where we were when AVB left.

Even the FA Cup, Robbie had to take us to Birmingham for an away replay ffs.

Sorry, I should have made it clear that it was fatigue rather than the change of manager that impacted on Mata ;)

I would take transfers out of the equation. We haven't had a manager signing since January 2011, they've all been done by whoever held the role of Technical Director/Director of Football.

Hard to say about Mata, but this looked like his signing. Something like 'I want this player Gourlay, could you get him?'. He surely hasn't been involved in Lukaku's transfer at all. Signing of Oriol Romeu goes without doubts to his credit. But we can only speculate about Meireles and Cahill. Would say Meireles could be his too, he favourited him too much.

Oh yeah he was critisised for leaving Torres out wasn't he when he seemed in a bit of form (ish), well that was a no win situation then lol but seriously in the UCL under him, bar one game we were awful. It was the players who had to get themselves up for the Valencia home game too because they knew it was shit or bust. He didn't need to bring Kalou on, he's shit when he's good. Everything was going perfect.... leave it!

We started the campaign shit, he left us truly in the shit. Look at where we were when AVB left.

Even the FA Cup, Robbie had to take us to Birmingham for an away replay ffs.

We had to play replays against worse teams under better managers ffs.