test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skeeo

AVB claims some credit for CL win

Started by skeeo,

84 posts in this topic

Is the guy delusional?

Claims he put the squad together, that Roman gave up on him and he left the squad in good shape in that we were still in and fighting for the FA Cup and CL.

Pretty amusing really.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/11/andre-villas-boas-roman-abramovich-chelsea

Chelsea regrouped under Villas-Boas's former assistant Roberto Di Matteo and won the Champions League and FA Cup. The Portuguese did not seek any credit for the trophies but did note that he had assembled the squad to win them at the start of the season. He added that he had been denied the opportunity to collect the silverware, with the suggestion being that he would have backed himself to have done so.

"The decision to terminate what was going on at Chelsea was not mine, it was the owner's. It is all very well that you cut the project short and Chelsea go on to win two trophies and [you] say how wonderful the squad was, but at the beginning nobody believed in that squad when we put it together.

I can't believe what he said about Roman. He claims nobody believed in the squad and we quit on him. So: why didn't we sign more? Didn't AVB not want Willian?

Wouldnt he dropping some of our vets be considers Quiting on them too?

chillerz likes this

It wasn't the squad he put together that was the main problem, It was how he managed that squad of players and it is as simple as that. If these words are accurate then evidently Andre hasn't learned a damn thing and is still led by blind ignorance. I doubt very much that he actually thinks the squad that won the Champions League and FA Cup was in the same shape that he had left it, If he does then hopefully he keeps on managing with this kind of arrogant bullshit at Spurs. Could only be a good thing for us!

There's no way he believes he would have won the CL and Fa cup had he still been manager?!

All he has to do is watch the last 5-6 games we played under him and be the judge, we were freaking hopeless and half the players looked like they had already given up.

chillerz likes this

Chelsea regrouped under Villas-Boas's former assistant Roberto Di Matteo and won the Champions League and FA Cup. The Portuguese did not seek any credit for the trophies but did note that he had assembled the squad to win them at the start of the season. He added that he had been denied the opportunity to collect the silverware, with the suggestion being that he would have backed himself to have done so.

"The decision to terminate what was going on at Chelsea was not mine, it was the owner's. It is all very well that you cut the project short and Chelsea go on to win two trophies and [you] say how wonderful the squad was, but at the beginning nobody believed in that squad when we put it together.

[final post on this matter lol]

He was our manager for 8 months or so and he did have some part in our CL win. As I said in the other thread, if we hadn't beaten Valencia we wouldn't have had a chance to reach Munich. BluesMaster said that we shouldn't have been in the position where we needed to beat Valencia in the first place, and yes that's kind of true but you really can't think about things in that manner. The situation that we were in, it was a critical match and we won, doesn't matter how much part you think he played, that was still a victory

Lmao at the thread title and then...

The Portuguese did not seek any credit for the trophies

talk about contradiction

He is still so intense and philosophical as ever in the things he said regarding with Roman.

And funny thing is, Scolari never tried to claim any credit in any way for the FA Cup we won 2009. Just saying...

again:

You could say part of what they achieved is also down to that squad being put together by myself, but what was done after was down to Robbie's work and the work of those magnificent players

EDIT:

and I would quite frankly be bit surprised about it, when he wasnt bitter about being sacked, plus he did say this:

the owner took the decision, which I have to respect, but I never accept...

...It was never a one person failure and I will never take it like that. You always learn from experience. Chelsea was not so gratifying in terms of success, but it was very gratifying professionally for me. I have learned from a couple of things I did wrong

francozola likes this

again:

You could say part of what they achieved is also down to that squad being put together by myself, but what was done after was down to Robbie's work and the work of those magnificent players

EDIT:

and I would quite frankly be bit surprised about it, when he wasnt bitter about being sacked, plus he did say this:

Good that he admitted the mistakes he made here but only time will tell whether he has truly learned from it.

Do you really think we would have overcamed napoli if avb was in charge? i highly doubt it, the egos would just lose it on purpose... just to get em sacked i felt... the highline destroyed us with those slow players.

the manure 3 0 to 3 3 game made roman rethink!

chillerz likes this