John Mikel Obi, the keystone

SeB

Dude this took me around 40 minutes to read. Feels like I've just read a small book lol. Great insight with depth and quality to your post, surely you can't be going for member of the month 2 awards running? Beast!

You can tell me all the stats and statistics in the world though but I will only judge a player with my very own eyes and to me Mikel has improved immensely but still not quite the Defensive midfielder i would love to have marshaling the midfield at Chelsea. I reckon he will be the Mac daddy this year though, so many things to look forward to this season it's unbelievable how things have changed drastically from the Christmas period of 2011!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Seb

Mikel has no quality to play in another role, all he can do is a defensive role. We need another kind of DM, I know the importance of a guy like Mikel, but he is really overrated by fans in this forum.

He is a keyfigure maybe but not THE keystone, for our kind of play he is very important and there are not many who are of the same calibre at 25, and I think he is exactly what needed next term, dictating tempo with calmness, and giving extra cover, while our complete offense will run riot, he just has to keep picking the odd keypass like in that picture and our team can start ticking... thats my opinion, but there is much more to work together on the pitch than pure talent...

tumblr_m4yxu7gMON1r4hxlqo1_400.gif

strange... some while ago I was fighting teeth and nail for him and now he gets some credit, its somehow weired... and even his gratest doubters can give him some credit but some ppl just can't jum over they're shadow...

@Seb

Mikel has no quality to play in another role, all he can do is a defensive role. We need another kind of DM, I know the importance of a guy like Mikel, but he is really overrated by fans in this forum.

That's because he's underrated in reality and the majority of fans who write him off don't understand the importance of his role.

• 1 month later...

That's because he's underrated in reality and the majority of fans who write him off don't understand the importance of his role.

This is an old argument that doesnt make any sense. He is a DM, and its not a coincidence that we start to concede a lot of goals when he became our first choice for that position.

Good squad player, and no more than that.

is there any proof to this or is it just in your head?

This is an old argument that doesnt make any sense. He is a DM, and its not a coincidence that we start to concede a lot of goals when he became our first choice for that position.

Good squad player, and no more than that.

He is a DM, and its not a coincidence that we start to concede a lot of goals when he became our first choice for that position.

Or maybe it's because of the 2 man midfield we play? don't think it's fair to blame Mikel alone for us conceding goals, and this wasn't the first season he was first choice.

When Essien suffered long term injuries he was first choice, and we won the PL with him as DM (and also CL, but we all remember that :D)

Please just give over, sick of the stupid excuses, should never of signed him in the first place and should've gotten a better player.

He never came back to help the defenders against Atletico, he played a HUGE part in that loss, Falcao would never of gotten that space if a DM came back and actually man marked him or even covered other defenders so they could close him down, the defenders where so isolated. But what are you going to do shove some stats in my space?, his great pass completion of passing a ball back to the defenders, his great tackle success because he rarely takes any risks or jumps into tackles. Fuck stats they never uncover the full story.

There's a reason why most other clubs laugh at the fact we have still got Mikel in our team, yeah fair enough some idiots say Lukaku is a flop yet he's only 19 and are still on David Luiz's back because of a few mistakes, yet he's made up for them. But no one rates Mikel besides a few Chelsea fans, it's not that he's unappreciated or anyone notices the so called hard work he does as some say on here, it's the fact that he's a bad player.

Please just give over, sick of the stupid excuses, should never of signed him in the first place and should've gotten a better player.

He never came back to help the defenders against Atletico, he played a HUGE part in that loss, Falcao would never of gotten that space if a DM came back and actually man marked him or even covered other defenders so they could close him down, the defenders where so isolated. But what are you going to do shove some stats in my space?, his great pass completion of passing a ball back to the defenders, his great tackle success because he rarely takes any risks or jumps into tackles. Fuck stats they never uncover the full story.

There's a reason why most other clubs laugh at the fact we have still got Mikel in our team, yeah fair enough some idiots say Lukaku is a flop yet he's only 19 and are still on David Luiz's back because of a few mistakes, yet he's made up for them. But no one rates Mikel besides a few Chelsea fans, it's not that he's unappreciated or anyone notices the so called hard work he does as some say on here, it's the fact that he's a bad player.

Why do you care so much about what other fans say? if he's really as bad as you make him sound, he won't have started so many games for a club like Chelsea, under several managers.

Why do you care so much about what other fans say? if he's really as bad as you make him sound, he won't have started so many games for a club like Chelsea, under several managers.

Point out where i said i cared?.

He plays because we have no other players, that's why he plays, he never used to play besides that. Even Romeu last season put in better consistent performances than Mikel ever has done in his whole time here at Chelsea.

Point out where i said i cared?.

He plays because we have no other players, that's why he plays, he never used to play besides that. Even Romeu last season put in better consistent performances than Mikel ever has done in his whole timno Me here at Chelsea.

I put in bold the previous post where you talked about other fans.

And Mikel doesn't play just because we have no one else - he plays because several Chelsea managers have deemed him good enough for this football club - whether as reliable backup or as a starter.

Even Romeu last season put in better consistent performances than Mikel ever has done in his whole time here at Chelsea.

I really like reading you about Mikel, you get even more laughables points everytime. Problem with you or others is that when you aren't able to see facts (not even a matter of what you prefer, your view of the game etc...) so the figures is the only option left.

Statistically Mikel managed a better season than Romeu, even being far from his best level (level he showed in the conquest of every trophy won since he's a regular starter).

Romeu is a poor tackler, he barely wins anything in the air, he's uneasy under pressure, his movements aren't good on phasis when we distribute from the back. Above all, he wants to be creative whereas the role is given allows zero creativity

About the Atletico game, your comments are ridiculous. What about the amount of defensive work from Mata, Hazard etc... when the ball is lost? When we haven't the ball we're ridiculously outnumbered in the center of the field.

When we have the ball we haven't any passing choices. You can't keep the ball with only two players, everytime you need to make triangles on the pitch. Hazard is closed into the last 1/3 (I think that's instructions when he plays central). Mata can't keep the ball under pressure and then becomes too creative (what explains why Silva's ahead of him with Spain NT).

Lampard and Mikel are cunts, they only pass to each others or to the defenders. How can you blame them and not the cadaveric front 3 in terms of off the ball movements ?

I really like reading you about Mikel, you get even more laughables points everytime. Problem with you or others is that when you aren't able to see facts (not even a matter of what you prefer, your view of the game etc...) so the figures is the only option left.

Statistically Mikel managed a better season than Romeu, even being far from his best level (level he showed in the conquest of every trophy won since he's a regular starter).

Romeu is a poor tackler, he barely wins anything in the air, he's uneasy under pressure, his movements aren't good on phasis when we distribute from the back. Above all, he wants to be creative whereas the role is given allows zero creativity

About the Atletico game, your comments are ridiculous. What about the amount of defensive work from Mata, Hazard etc... when the ball is lost? When we haven't the ball we're ridiculously outnumbered in the center of the field.

When we have the ball we haven't any passing choices. You can't keep the ball with only two players, everytime you need to make triangles on the pitch. Hazard is closed into the last 1/3 (I think that's instructions when he plays central). Mata can't keep the ball under pressure and then becomes too creative (what explains why Silva's ahead of him with Spain NT).

Lampard and Mikel are cunts, they only pass to each others or to the defenders. How can you blame them and not the cadaveric front 3 in terms of off the ball movements ?

Alright then Graham Carr, and Hazard and Mata are usually the only players who stick up field, i don't expect much work rate to come from them in the future. Mikel should be doing his job and he doesn't, he's had shit games so far besides the Newcastle games this season, 4 games, you can include pre season as well, when he couldn't even mark american footballers.

But yeah go on go make another giant post full of bull shit.

Alright then Graham Carr, and Hazard and Mata are usually the only players who stick up field, i don't expect much work rate to come from them in the future. Mikel should be doing his job and he doesn't, he's had shit games so far besides the Newcastle games this season, 4 games, you can include pre season as well, when he couldn't even mark american footballers.

But yeah go on go make another giant post full of bull shit.

Haha you miss the schools days don't you? Fat lad in the goal and scapegoat staying at the back, everyone else forward? The guy at the back should defend on his own?

I love your view from the game, even if I know we won't ever agree on anything Mikel-related, I can't help replying you :D

Haha you miss the schools days don't you? Fat lad in the goal and scapegoat staying at the back, everyone else forward? The guy at the back should defend on his own?

I love your view from the game, even if I know we won't ever agree on anything Mikel-related, I can't help replying you :D

And what is your view exactly?, right down about 2000 words every post about bull shit?.

Your scouting isn't even that accurate either, you said Gary Cahill is below average and would never make it in our team, but guess what. And if i can remember correctly you also slated David Wheater, who is actually a solid defender, he was awesome against us when we beat them 3-0, we couldn't score for ages because of him.

Go on thinking your Graham Carr though and then insulting me about my opinion on Mikel, laughable. I love how you went on about it's Hazards and Mata's fault in the Atletico game, funny that who is the defensive midfielder there?.

The defence was isolated from the midfield, it was a fucking joke, Falcao is the best striker in the world for me, you cannot give him that much space or he will punish you, he had acres of space, especially on his 2nd goal. No one could close him down because Mikel was no where to be seen, that's why we lost by a huge number, and Falcao should've scored 5 at least. It's a joke, positioning is awful, against Wigan last season Bertrand had to take the gamble of closing Diame down because Mikel was no where to be seen he was all the way up the field. He's way too slow, last season also against Valencia home it was a joke, midfield was running riots and he couldn't keep up with anyone, that Canales was having a field day with him.

And not to mention pre season that MLS Team's 2nd goal, lmao where was Mikel there marking the man on the edge of the box?, this is against MLS players too. He doesn't have an aggresive bone in his body also, but what ever don't respect my argument just try and make fun of it, see who is laughing in the end.

I put in bold the previous post where you talked about other fans.

And Mikel doesn't play just because we have no one else - he plays because several Chelsea managers have deemed him good enough for this football club - whether as reliable backup or as a starter.

Was going to ignore the post but just to let you know, you still didn't point out where i said 'i care what fans think'. I was pointing out there is a reason why they say he's awful and only some Chelsea fans say he's great, tinted glasses - OFF please.