Graham Carr, Newcastle Chief Scout

Term-X

The father of comedian Alan Carr has one of the best reputations in the business. Responsible for Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Santon, Tiote and Cisse. He was apparently watching Cisse 7 years ago, and liked the look of him when was working for Spurs. When you have to pay £38m for the likes of Hulk, it's time to think outside the box.

How much do you think this guys worth?, the fact he signed an 8 year extension on his contract only last month, would certainly be a massive stumbling block. Although, we could always 'hold off' for a year, and see how the likes of Oscar and co turn out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes the dad of Alan Carr? Wtf news to me haha

I thought AVB was meant to have appointed some scouts when he arrived at first, take it they all left when he was sacked though. Still we could do with some scouts that can find us some top quality deals that we aren't paying nearly 40 million for.. *cough* fuck you Porto *cough* *cough*

Why don't we just convince Abramovic to buy Porto? Surely we'd facilitate a few transfers then....

Good idea, what's their current market value?

As long as he doesn't negotiate through Pinto Da Costa he should avoid bankruptcy... :Goober:

The father of comedian Alan Carr has one of the best reputations in the business. Responsible for Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Santon, Tiote and Cisse. He was apparently watching Cisse 7 years ago, and liked the look of him when was working for Spurs. When you have to pay £38m for the likes of Hulk, it's time to think outside the box.

How much do you think this guys worth?, the fact he signed an 8 year extension on his contract only last month, would certainly be a massive stumbling block. Although, we could always 'hold off' for a year, and see how the likes of Oscar and co turn out.

To be honest one does not have to be a scout to pick those players

Cabaye was instrumental at Lille several seasons running, scoring 16 times in a season or winning the Ligue 1 by example

Ben Arfa has a technical potential, the only thing is that everything is wrong in his head. It was a kind of bet from Pardew

Santon showed some good things in a big club where the confidence he was given initially weren't repaid after. But I find him average defensively and thinking he can do everything coming forward

I assume someone who had an eye on Eredivise could have picked Tioté

Cissé was a decent striker for Metz in Ligue 2, I remember that he scored 15 times 5 or 6 years ago... Of course not many could think he would have that career. But our very own Ligue 2 (even the whole system under the Ligue 1 : National, CFA etc...) is full of players who come through academies but where limited by a weak mental or mentality.

What doesn't make it interesting to follow in fact, you have some gems like Giroud or Koscielny (famous recent examples) but you've really a lot of average moronic footballers (such as Gaetan Charbonnier that Montpellier picked to replace Giroud).

So if you see a potential, you've to be sure that the guy has the proper mentality. It's not a guarantee of success to be honest

Carr signed a new 8 year deal a month ago. End of thread.

I addressed that issue in the first post, next time try 'reading' the thread before posting.

Silva signed a new contract with Milan until 2017, only a few weeks ago, yet!.. he's now off to PSG.

• 6 months later...

Sissoko - £2.2m

Carr is a wet dream for every club under pressure from the FFP regulations..

Not good enough, our double pivot consists of too many great players, will the lad even get his game?. I dread to think of what will even happen, no! it's just not fair on him and I simply wont have it, DO NOT SIGN HIM, we are too god damn good.

Sissoko and Matuidi have been the best B2B players in Ligue 1 for a few seasons now. It's not like he found some rough diamond no one heard of.

Cabaye was hands down the best central playmaker in the league before his move.

Debuchy was hands down the best right back in the league.

etc. He really hasn't done anything special. It's more the fact that since they're not a 'top club' with the shittest board in football history they don't and can't buy the very biggest names.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You