Cristian Săpunaru

Melanicus

Roberto Di Matteo has shortlisted two wide players from Porto and Lazio respectively to add competition to Chelsea's first-team squad. The new Blues' boss wants to beef up competition by providing back-up to Branislav Ivanovic and Ashley Cole. Di Matteo is seeking a right-back, a versatile left midfielder-cum-defender and a replacement for Didier Drogba as top of his list of priorities. Two names near the top of his shortlist are Porto's Cristian Sapunaru and Senad Lucic from Lazio. Sapunaru is seen as being able to provide cover for Ivanovic ahead of what is sure to be a testing campaign for the Champions League winners. And Bosnia international Lucic, who has enjoyed an excellent first campaign with Lazio, has the added attraction of being able to play either as a wide midfielder or at left-back.

Source: DailyMail

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe the mail, we have also signed about a dozen other players in the last week :rolleyes: Won't believe any of this until we are reliably linked with them.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind Sapunaru here. But then again, doing business with Porto is always a pain in the ass.

I would love this. Lulic is a fantastic player, I'm sure the fans would love him here. He's one of those that gives 110% every match, runs like crazy. Little engine.

So basically another industrial player like Ramires, oh yes we could do with a few of those sorts of players.

So basically another industrial player like Ramires, oh yes we could do with a few of those sorts of players.

Absolutely. Incredible pace/stamina coupled with technique, not to mention he can SCORE as a natural LB/LM. He was voted as one of the best Serie A transfers.

Hey guys, new Member here, name's Mehmed. I'm from Tuzla, Bosnia but I live in Belgium :) . I think Lulic is a great signing, I follow the Bosnian NT heavily and I loved his games in the qualifers, best player by far!

-Mehmed.

Dobro doso, stari! :D

As someone who watches games of the Bosnian NT and Lazio games (because of Lulic of course lol) I can assure you that Lulic would be a nice fit. A good rotational player who provides you hustle and heart every game. He's not the most talented guy but he can make big things happen from time to time. Tho, I'm not sure if we are in need for such a player as we should rather be watching out for some real quality lads.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You