Chelsea's youngsters futures under RDM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1248849-chelsea-fc-assessing-piazon-blues-youngsters-futures-under-di-matteo

Nice read this is for anyone interested. Agree with most things said, particularly about Kakuta. I have always seen the ability in him but just seems his time may be coming to an end which would be sad. I hope he is given a crack or haves a good spell at another Premiership team has if we end up selling him, I believe he will flourish at another team which will be a kick in the teeth.

Discussions welcome :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon with young players we should work them up the levels.

IE with Piazon, loan to League one, succeeds there then a Championship club will take a punt, succeeds there then a prem club will, succeeds there then he will be ready to play in the first team, a bit like Spuds did with this Caulker guy.

I reckon with young players we should work them up the levels.

IE with Piazon, loan to League one, succeeds there then a Championship club will take a punt, succeeds there then a prem club will, succeeds there then he will be ready to play in the first team, a bit like Spuds did with this Caulker guy.

I think that is why they are bringing in these new under 21 rules. Apparently gears young players up for the big stage and so on. However whilst a loan would benefit him I still believe he can learn a lot at us first. I would not mind seeing him play in the next gen series.

Nice article there, i completely agree about Gael Kakuta, I remember all the fuss when we was signed in 2007, then the tapping up row in 2009.

I was really excitied to see what he can do. But sadly, his career has seemed to have stalled and this is last chance saloon IMO.

Its a shame that his talent, and many others seems never to materalise at any given club, but sadly that is the nature of the beast.

• 3 weeks later...

i believe in lukas piazon & lukaku...they're the best youngsters at chelsea and can help us for the next years...i will not be excitied if see that lukaku be our number 1 striker.piazon is so fine and if he playing much games will be our best player for this priod

there is no future. our youngsters policy has been horrible under every manager since Abramovich take over.

Our youth policy before Roman took over hasn't been good either. It's not completely the managers' fault, that would be too easy to say. There have been many factors which caused our youth problems in the last few years, such as changing management almost every season, not enough talent/potential, English youth system in general etc.

The first step will be a coach (RDM!) who stays for more than one or two seasons here. With the changes coming I can see a good chance for our youths to break through and make the first team in a couple of years. Not all of the will, but if we can get some of them involved, it will be a success.

Until they are given the oppertunity to play they are never going to break through. Pre Season was a prime example, Josh played the first 2 games, looked really good in the midfield 2, composed and good movement, set up Lukaku well. Then we never saw him again for the rest of pre season.

We're European Champions, we're bypassing the FFP, we're buying young geniuses for 20-30m. I can't see our youngsters breaking through at all. I also now fear for Lucas Piazon who has fantastic quality. He needs to be given a chance.

I don`t think Oscar and Hazard are taking the places of players better than them.so no problem with those kind of signings. i think it`s when we keep players like Malouda,Kalou,Ferreira etc around that we are doing wrong by our youngsters.

i have no problem making signings that are gonna stunt the growth of some of our youth players ,not all of them are gonna make it anyway,but we should only do that by buying/keeping and playing better players ahead of them..we have more than enough experience in our squad without the likes of those players who are getting on the bench when we could be blooding in our youngsters instead.

I don`t think Oscar and Hazard are taking the places of players better than them.so no problem with those kind of signings. i think it`s when we keep players like Malouda,Kalou,Ferreira etc around that we are doing wrong by our youngsters.

i have no problem making signings that are gonna stunt the growth of some of our youth players ,not all of them are gonna make it anyway,but we should only do that by buying/keeping and playing better players ahead of them..we have more than enough experience in our squad without the likes of those players who are getting on the bench when we could be blooding in our youngsters instead.

Thats right, Buying players like Oscar, Hazard and Marin are sensible signings for the club. It is when we have situations where Malouda plays ahead of Piazon or we play a player well out of position rather than play a youngster. It all comes down to trust, at Chelsea we seem to have a total fear of playing youngsters, firstly we virtually never give them a chance, and then when we do rather than telling to go out and express themselves they are clearly told to do the simple things and not give the ball away so they never show their true potential out of fear of doing something wrong, we should trust them and allow them to do what they do. Anyone who has seen what Josh McEachran can do on the ball will know that we have not even seem 50% of what he can do in the Chelsea first team.

The thing is with youth players at top clubs is very few transform their talents to be first team quality and are not patient enough to wait.

Piazon will probably make it if he is patient enough but we really don't want to be rushing young players through at an early age because it can go wrong with either confidence or injury, Jack Wilshere is a prime example of the latter.

Josh and Piazon ! Kakuta, i don't what to say about him, he desapointed me, same De Bruyne, but the first 2, if they works hard, sure they are a great future ahead.

Kakuta has a bright future ahead of him IMO but probably not at us. KDB has been involved in friendlies so you cannot really judge him on that. Pre-season is to really make sure the lads are fit for the beginning of the season

For our youth players to excel at Chelsea other than talent would be the stability of our managers. Till the time we dont have a stable manager at the helm, the youths are bound to suffer. I believe the time when a manager seems beyond just results, the youth of that club surely gets a chance at the highest level. For us during the Roman's era we already have multiple managers and the first thing they want to do is impress the owner by winning something because if u dont then u r out. This mentality has to change, need for stability is a must.

I understand before the Roman era our youth policies were not that good but now it is, the infrastructure is in place, we got some really good players coming from the ranks.... the Club should now be sensible and use the resources that we have on hand.

Its quite to sad to know that we are ready to pay large amounts for young players outside Chelsea and willing to give them an opportunity but afraid to promote our own academy players.

The large amount of money available to us is the sole reason why few youth players emerge in this club.Roman has helped this club achieve a lot and has spent a lot of money over the years but I think its time we spend less and develop our own talent.Not saying we should go on to become the next Arsenal but its sad to see the expensive young signings overshadow the talented youth players we already have.

Its quite to sad to know that we are ready to pay large amounts for young players outside Chelsea and willing to give them an opportunity but afraid to promote our own academy players.

The large amount of money available to us is the sole reason why few youth players emerge in this club.Roman has helped this club achieve a lot and has spent a lot of money over the years but I think its time we spend less and develop our own talent.Not saying we should go on to become the next Arsenal but its sad to see the expensive young signings overshadow the talented youth players we already have.

Especially as this is one of the talented youth teams we have had in years. I am sure Chalobah will be a Chelsea first team starter in the next 5 years hopefully. Islam Feruz can reach great heights, hopefully his lack of height is not a pause in his development at Chelsea. But there are some very exciting talents coming through, hopefully they are not overlooked by the club