Sam Walker

A small snippet from Sky Sports, a rumor that Stevenage Borough would like to take Sam Walker on loan

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7873258/Stevenage-eyeing-Walker-loan

Highly rated keeper, however not sure if he would be our future number 1 or if he would have to settle for number 2 behind Thibaut Courtois...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's nowhere near the level of courtois and will probably never make it at Chelsea.

Youngsters do not have to be playing first team every week to make it at Chelsea. With keepers we keep 3 on board for the first team. Sam Walker has enough quality to be our back up keeper. Courtois is clearly at a much higher level and Blackman is a quality keeper too but Walker has a lot of talent.

Youngsters do not have to be playing first team every week to make it at Chelsea. With keepers we keep 3 on board for the first team. Sam Walker has enough quality to be our back up keeper. Courtois is clearly at a much higher level and Blackman is a quality keeper too but Walker has a lot of talent.

Blackmans level in this years youth cup was at a higher level than walkers 3 years ago IMO. I know he had a solid spell on loan last season but i don't see him at the level of courtois or blackmans potential - and considering cech is only 30 i don 't see the chances here for him.

he`s a quality young prospect. but we just simply have higher quality ones or atleast in the eyes of the decision makers at CFC we do..the writing has been on the wall for some time really..you don`t fork out something like £12m on two teenage goalkeepers if you believe in what you already have in the academy.

for me it`s just a question of when rather than if he leaves on a permanent basis.

like Jack Cork tho i do believe that he could one day play for England,just not whilst with us.

I don't think he would want to spend his career playing backup. He may not be first team standard at CFC but he may be at another club where he can get lots of playing time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You