Englishman in Salzburg ;)

Hey everybody!

Great forum - been lurking a while then thought why not join!

Getting English papers here impossible so use this place as my daily Chelsea digest!

Some great convo's

I was lucky to get a corporate ticket to Munich well 2 actually and flew my younger bro over to watch! What a night! I have aged 10 years, got drunk on non-alcoholic beer and kept the misses waiting for hours - told her it would only be 90 min match, she went to a restaurant - oops!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody!

Great forum - been lurking a while then thought why not join!

Getting English papers here impossible so use this place as my daily Chelsea digest!

Some great convo's

I was lucky to get a corporate ticket to Munich well 2 actually and flew my younger bro over to watch! What a night! I have aged 10 years, got drunk on non-alcoholic beer and kept the misses waiting for hours - told her it would only be 90 min match, she went to a restaurant - oops!!!

welcome aboard.

i was out in Austria during the summer when Roman first took over..stayed mostly in Mayrhofen. managed to get newspapers but they would be from the previous day..my wife of the time couldn't understand for a while why i insisted on getting up so early to get an out of date newspaper when we were supposed to be on a "romantic holiday" . winning a tournament she could relate to but doing a stoners version of micheal flatleys riverdance at the crack of dawn in the austrian mountains because we`ve just spent 17million on a player she`s never heard of.started to wear a bit thin on about the 12th day of it.

will always remember that holiday..i had heatstroke..it was hotter than calcutta in austria of all places,staying in one of those little winter warmer style of houses,it was like trying to sleep in an oven. but it oddly enough remains the best holiday i`ve had outside of Chelsea and England away trips/tours. went to bavaria for a few days to visit all the sites in berchesgarten .eagles nest,SS HQ etc...kinda glad i saw the places but is grim underneathe the SS HQ in the underground cells where you`d see bullet holes sprayed across the walls etc...

Lol cheers for the replies indeed Gruss Got or Servus ;)

Yeah Austria is cold in Winter but 34+ in summer it's madness! I live right next to the Untersburg mountain and sitting on the top of that with a beer is awesome :)

There is an English shop in town, but like you said papers a day old and way overpriced :(

This place is better than any paper though :)

Can't wait to wear my new Chelsea shirt with the little gold star to work ;) - just have to wait for a dress down day :)