Robin van Persie joins Manchester United

NiclasCFC

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think RVP is a perfect fit at Chelsea because he'll be 29 in August, but for those saying "we don't need him", he is pretty much exactly what we need. Chelsea's biggest problem last season was that our strikers scored 11 goals in the league. Van Persie scored 30. Torres has scored 21 goals in 93 games in the last two seasons with Chelsea and Liverpool Van Persie has scored 59 in 81. Before that, he scored less because was playing as a number 10 behind Adabayor and Henry. RVP has been one of the best strikers in the world since he's moved into that role.

Remember this quote from RVP!

The Barcelona players tend to nag about everything that happens on the pitch. I was a bit disappointed with that. It's something that the Chelsea players do in England.

I think that is where my hatred of RVP started!

Just be happy he's leaving those fuckers. I doubt he'll join a rival of Arsenal but tbh i'll just be glad if he got the fuck out the country like Ronaldo and Fabregas did. Be happy not to see him (much) again.

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

now tottenham>arsenal.

Not sure...who is Spurs' striker? Arsenal still have Song, Arteta, Wilshire, Walcott,Giroud, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlin, Gervinho, etc...for midfield and attack. I'd prefer RVP gets sold to Italy because it's better for Chelsea if he's not in the Premier League. The worst thing would be a sale to City-it's that's the kind of ridiculous overspending that drives me crazy. They have Balotelli and Aguero up front (with Dzeko and Tevez still under contract) They don't need another world-class striker. But they'll probably be willing to pay some ridiculous fee and get him.

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

I think Arsenal should sell him, might as well get something for him then nothing. I think he will go abroad, I can't see him moving anywhere else in England. Time will tell...

"

Surely he won't be leaving on a free transfer though?

Surely he won't be leaving on a free transfer though?

That's what I'm thinking! They probably want to force him to see out his contract in the hope that Arsenal have an amazing season and thus convince RVP to stay! Its a risk and a pretty stupid one if they do it!

Piers Morgan@piersmorgan

If you go to Manchester City @Persie_Official - you'll be dead to me. DEAD.

:D :D :D

Piers Morgan@piersmorgan

If you go to Manchester City @Persie_Official - you'll be dead to me. DEAD.

:D :D :D

Piers knows nothing about football and is a sly pest who needs to stop talking about other clubs players too. Look at this tweet:

Football_Tweet@Football_Tweet_

Robin van Persie has already agreed a £22m move to Manchester City and has signed a massive £225k/week deal according to the BBC's

:doh:

You left out the crucial part of that tweet!

Football_Tweet@Football_Tweet_

Robin van Persie has already agreed a £22m move to Manchester City and has signed a massive £225k/week deal according to the BBC's @garbosj.

Ian McGarry@garbosj

Van Persie will complete his move to #MCFC within two weeks. Fee of around £22m. Contract worth £225k per week already agreed. #AFC

Since it's from Ian McGarry, that tweet above is likely to be BS!