Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think any of the papers have a clue about his price tag tbh. Last January it was 10m, in the summer 15-20m, this January 22-25m, now 30m. Looks like they're making it up as they go along. Increasing by 5mil every now and then

A fair price tag would be 18-20 million + add-ons.

i'm hoping the club can negotiate. maybe add Bertrand or PvA to the deal

I was thinking along the same lines....but from what i've seen, Southampton don't need Bertrand or PvA.

They have Callum Chambers, Nathaniel Clyne and Jack Stephens as potential fullbacks.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm hoping the club can negotiate. maybe add Bertrand or PvA to the deal

PvA we can keep and bring in with Shaw, perfect competition for Shaw and a nice reference for us to gauge him based on comparisons.

Glad to see Shaw celebrating our win over PSG! We can't let anyone else sign this blue.

he talked about Cole being the best LB now. its like he is crying for us to come in and get him. But I dont think that we will pay that much, because it seems (I dont know why though) we are playing with the FFP rules and striker is no 1 priority and will be already expensive.

Several newspapers are running the Shaw to United story because of the promise of first-team football. I will be really disappointed if Mourinho turns Shaw down in favour of keeping Ivanovic at RB and Azpi at LB since I reckon we'd still be having the same problems next year breaking teams down with the current full back pairing because of the lack of width/offensive threat they provide.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10768925/Manchester-United-confident-of-securing-Southampton-left-back-Luke-Shaw-for-30m.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2605515/Manchester-United-close-30million-deal-Southampton-star-Luke-Shaw-Sporting-Lisbon-midfielder-William-Carvalho-David-Moyes-summer-shopping-list.html

Think this was after our first goal:

9:37 PM would have been towards the end of the game so I assume the tweet was in response to Ba's goal and/or full time.

While Chelsea remain determined to sign the England defender, Shaw is understood to be concerned by a possible lack of regular football at Stamford Bridge due to the impressive form of César Azpilicueta and with Ashley Cole expected to sign a one-year contract extension to remain at the club. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10768925/Manchester-United-confident-of-securing-Southampton-left-back-Luke-Shaw-for-30m.html

It doesn't sound like Shaw to Utd is a done, done deal. From the quote above it looks like we're still in the race and very much determined to sign him. If anything that's encouraging.......fingers crossed.

It doesn't sound like Shaw to Utd is a done, done deal. From the quote above it looks like we're still in the race and very much determined to sign him. If anything that's encouraging.......fingers crossed.

I will eat my shoe if he goes there. No way would José allow it in my eyes. If he poached Willian from Tottenham, there's not a hope in hell he's letting our ready-made replacement for Ash go to United.

I will eat my shoe if he goes there. No way would José allow it in my eyes. If he poached Willian from Tottenham, there's not a hope in hell he's letting our ready-made replacement for Ash go to United.

But what if Jose wants Azpi to be Cole's permanent successor? Seems very probable to me and in that case you can see why he'd not be willing to spend so much on what would essentially be a back-up. Mourinho's quite regularly praising the defence and is showing no signs of wanting to alter it in any form next year even though we could be much better off offensively if he did.

But what if Jose wants Azpi to be Cole's permanent successor? Seems very probable to me and in that case you can see why he'd not be willing to spend so much on what would essentially be a back-up. Mourinho's quite regularly praising the defence and is showing no signs of wanting to alter it in any form next year even though we could be much better off offensively if he did.

The way things are going with Ash, he may not be here next season. As for Brana, he has been found out in games that require him to push forward and provide support; he gets caught up the pitch and can't get back in these type of games. Even still, his offensive contribution at times is next to nought or in minus territory with silly shots and ridiculous attempted crosses.

However, the big thing is he's now 30; his frailties going forward and getting back (especially) are only going to worsen due to the high physical demands on the modern full-back. I seriously doubt we're going to see a JT rebirth or renaissance for Ivanovic since he's naturally a CB.

I see Azpi as our RB mainstay. And if José is serious about building a Chelsea for the long haul, for the future, then Shaw is one of our first stops tbfh.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You