Luke Shaw

Joker10

If we match their bid/have a bid accepted he's ours, regardless of the wage Citeh offer him.

This. It's a fairly open secret at this point. Fortunately we have two left-backs then we can flog for a bit of cash, and there's Cole's wages to lose off the books as well. Throw in the fact that he's expected to be here a long time which means any fee is amortised over about a decade and it's not a massive whack in the FFPs either.

Just been called up to the England squad as well, and one of the few players deserving a spot. Honestly, he should be going to Brazil ahead of Cole.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be very hard to get. Unless Saints have respect to him that if there will be two decent offers from us 20mio and City for 30mio and they will let him join us despite lower price, but because of his desire. Unlikely but only chance, or we will have to pay 30mio plus which is unlikely.

And so they should. I find it funny how commentators here (mainly the BBC and ITV) are still surprised when Cole doesn't start... lets be honest he's been a bit shit for a year now.

yeah. start of this season especially

Aren't Man City already look a bit dodgy in complying with the FFP rules? If they want to continue playing in Europe, I'm not sure if they can genuinely go around and splash big money to sign players for fun like in last 2-3 years. Then again, don't think Pellegrini has a lot to fix in this team with the exception of his defence and if Southampton continue to resist and be stubborn as they appear to be now, then I don't think they'll sell Shaw to them, even for £30m. City might in the end go for someone else. Heck Pellegrini might even return to Spain and raid one of the LBs from there. I'm not sure if Shaw is that kind of person or would do it but he can force Southampton's hands a little in making them sell him to us if it really comes to a bidding war.

City getting out of the UCL is something that is never going to happen, NEVER!

They have way too many marquee players who bring a lot of revenue to the competition. Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, etc. Top ranked executives will prefer to ignore any eventual dire financial situation Manchester City might have than to leave big stars out of the biggest tournament on Earth!

It is not only about FFP being a joke. Even if Platini and UEFA try to ban them, all the sponsors and tv companies will go absolutely nuts and they will definitely try everything so the big players play in the Champions League (especially since they are paying such a high amount to have the rights to transmit or associate their brands to it). They might even try to sue UEFA if such an important club as City (or PSG or whatever) gets banned.

Worst of it, didnt the bid to transmit the next couple of years in UK took place just months ago and ITV payed something crazy in order to outbid Sky? 1 billion or something, right? Well, yeah, they will NEVER allow such a ban to happen!

Shaw and Azpi as our fullbacks next season would be fucking beast!

Really, really hope we get him. To have two super athletic fullbacks would be a real asset. Watching him now against Liverpool and man is he mature beyond his years. What a talent.

I just have feeling that someone will offer bigger money than us and he will have to go there...we respect FFP and that worries me. City can pay 40mio if they want...

But I doubt City would be that interested since they have Clichy and Kolarov, while United must put money into new CB (maybe two), CM and winger, Doubt they will have 30mio to spend on Shaw after all. But Moyes, clueless as he is, will probably go after Shaw first and forget about getting CB and CM.

Shaw looks better and better. Hope we get him.

Thought he was absolutely superb yesterday and he'd look even better around top players. Became the second-youngest player to reach 50 PL appearances after Rooney. Would happily flog Bertrand and Van Aanholt to get the funds for this guy, and we could probably quadruple his wages and still be under what we're paying Cole.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You