Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me Rodriguez he doesn't come with the English surcharge and I like him better than Shaw and he's still only 21

English surcharge?

We have 4 players to fill the home grown quota this season, we need 8.

1. Zouma

2. Terry (33 years old!!!!)

3. Cahill

4. Lukaku ('if' he doesn't get sold with Ba & Torres holding on)

Ake & Kalas 'should' (for their development) be on loan again, same goes for Piazon and co. There comes a point when we can't keep buying random foreign players. There is an agenda amongst some on here, wanting us to become like what Arsenal used to be, an anti-English club.

English surcharge?

We have 4 players to fill the home grown quota this season, we need 8.

1. Zouma

2. Terry (33 years old!!!!)

3. Cahill

4. Lukaku ('if' he doesn't get sold with Ba & Torres holding on)

Ake & Kalas 'should' (for their development) be on loan again, same goes for Piazon and co. There comes a point when we can't keep buying random foreign players. There is an agenda amongst some on here, wanting us to become like what Arsenal used to be, an anti-English club.

Yes but only if they are good like Barkley.

Zouma won't never be homegrown you know

HG for next season :

Cahill

Terry

Lukaku

Moses (6th am)

Fabregas (may be)

PVA

To my knowledge I think the fact that Zouma is U21 means he doesn't have to be registered. Therefore we can leave a space in the selection which counts as 1 towards our HG quota. So essentially Zouma will count as HG player for next season.

To my knowledge I think the fact that Zouma is U21 means he doesn't have to be registered. Therefore we can leave a space in the selection which counts as 1 towards our HG quota. So essentially Zouma will count as HG player for next season.

Nah, U21s don't count towards HG status either. We can have as many of them as we want - so essentially they aren't taking any space in the squad whatsoever.

Shaw and Fabregas would go towards filling our quota if we signed them. Along with Zouma, Cahill and Terry as some others have mentioned.

If we get a HG 2nd choice GK for next season (assuming either Cech will be sold to facilitate Courtios or Courtios will be loaned again/sold) that'll be our 6th, then hopefully Lukaku can be our 2nd choice striker and then we only need 1 more to fill the quota. Maybe have Kakuta or Moses as a HG squad player. They're both pretty useless anyway so it's not like you'd be hindering the development of a player with top potential.

Nah, U21s don't count towards HG status either. We can have as many of them as we want - so essentially they aren't taking any space in the squad whatsoever.

That's what I was trying to say. I said it badly though, it's late. I'm going to bed xD.

Not sure why people don't seem to understand that there is no HG quota. There is a non-HG quota of 17. So to make up a 25 man squad, ideally you would register 8 HG players. If you don't have enough HG then you loose that squad place. So if we only have 4 HG players then we are only allowed to register a total of 21 players. The remaining 4 can only be filled with HG players.

So even if we don't sign HG players and if we have U21s to make up the numbers, it won't be a problem at all. We can make a squad of 17 non-HG players, 4 HG, 4 or more U21s = full squad.

I too would do whatever it take to get Shaw, (and i doubt it would be much) with him being a CFC fan and all, we will surely get the discount.

The lose of Frank really left a big hole in the squad and we really got to try and create a new English core. Having Lamps, JT, Joe Cole and later on Cahill was a solid core of English players.

i too don't want us to sign young players just for the sake of filling our HG quota, i really want us to promote the next prominent english youth talent. Be it RLC or Chalobah, heck even both! :ph34r:

Some people may not see it as a big deal but i think having that english core is important in terms of the brand CFC, and the fans being able to identify with the club.

Look at newcastle and all the french players they bought, Newcastle's identity/ethos was different, they just didn't have that same feel, and even some fans were disgruntled with this and as a result they were performing badly.

I too would do whatever it take to get Shaw, (and i doubt it would be much) with him being a CFC fan and all, we will surely get the discount.

The lose of Frank really left a big hole in the squad and we really got to try and create a new English core. Having Lamps, JT, Joe Cole and later on Cahill was a solid core of English players.

i too don't want us to sign young players just for the sake of filling our HG quota, i really want us to promote the next prominent english youth talent. Be it RLC or Chalobah, heck even both! :ph34r:

Some people may not see it as a big deal but i think having that english core is important in terms of the brand CFC, and the fans being able to identify with the club.

Look at newcastle and all the french players they bought, Newcastle's identity/ethos was different, they just didn't have that same feel, and even some fans were disgruntled with this and as a result they were performing badly.

It'll be hard to compete with Man U bid + wages. Also S'Hampton want Chicharo. What could we offer?

Eventualy we will need english players and I see problem in getting them. They must be good and right now only two I see promising are Shaw, Barkley and then Ward-Prowse. But if we sign Cesc, no point in buying Barkley...unless we sell Oscar. Shaw on other hand probably wont come now either. And where will we get proper english players then? I hope Baker and Rlc fullfil their talent at least to the level they can be our subs.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You