Luke Shaw

Joker10

Agree with all of that tbh. World class CM is priority. Especially with Luiz gone, Mikel half out the door and Lamps' future up in the air. Pogba, Koke, Vidal, Rakitic or Gundogan. If there isn't the money for Shaw and we can't make it though transfers then I agree with shelving the bid.

I hope you're right and we do start to use our youth more. But that will come when we have managerial stability (now with Jose, I hope). I have high hopes for the future if we do.

Ha! You didn't even acknowledge the existence of Ramires. Our board must do everything with their power to spare us the ignominy of watching Ramires in that pivot pretending to be a footballer.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Shaw is thinking, "They just got a lot of money, maybe they can get me?" I think Mourinho could negotiate a deal for maybe £20m? He sold 3 players he didn't think were good enough to be starters for over £100m!!!! Surely he can work out a deal for Shaw.

Luke shaw could do what javi did for bayern and take a huge paycut to come here, so his transfer fee isn't a huge burden to both player and club.

Luke shaw could do what javi did for bayern and take a huge paycut to come here, so his transfer fee isn't a huge burden to both player and club.

As far as footballers go, I don't think he earns much.

As far as footballers go, I don't think he earns much.

Shaw? I thought united were going to give him ridiculous wages?

What is your profile pic?

Bertrand and £20m please. Sign him up.

OTT!!!!!

bertrand is worth at least 5mil as he is a very decent player. soton would be perfect for him, a mid/higher mid table team. plus being english adds a few more. bertrand and 20mil is WAY OTT!!!

OTT!!!!!

bertrand is worth at least 5mil as he is a very decent player. soton would be perfect for him, a mid/higher mid table team. plus being english adds a few more. bertrand and 20mil is WAY OTT!!!

£30m is OTT to begin with so...

£30m is OTT to begin with so...

precisely.

we dont need him desperately. we have options like moreno, RR, luis or even coentrao.

he is a chelsea fan, he should force the move. 20mil (at max) bid from us is still over-priced but should satisfy soton too.

precisely.

we dont need him desperately. we have options like moreno, RR, luis or even coentrao.

he is a chelsea fan, he should force the move. 20mil (at max) bid from us is still over-priced but should satisfy soton too.

You're right in saying that there are cheaper options about but the only one in that list that I would get over Shaw is RR and even then he'll cost around £20m himself, but the other options aren't bad - just that I prefer spending a bit more on a player that could secure that position for 10+ years for us.

I understand that Shaw is overpriced but that's what happens when you're negotiating with a club that doesn't really need money and obviously have high regards for said player (plus the "English tax") but I think over the long run that it'll be more than worth it. It's a risk but the rewards could potentially be fantastic.

Shaw's pros are that he's English - will be homegrown AND club trained if he signs soon - something we do need since the likes of JT and Lampard are leaving very soon, already has PL experience, will link up very well with Hazard, and obviously has the potential to be the best English LB since Cole. The cons are mostly his huge transfer fee. If we can offset some of that by including Bertrand (who doesn't seem to have a future here to begin with) in the deal I think it would be a deal worth doing.

We only need to sign two more players (assuming Costa has pretty much signed) and we have a pretty big budget left over so if we can afford to do a deal for Shaw we should go for it.

We've just made like £50 million for Luiz, I'm sure we can use a bit of that on Shaw - he's probably going to be our LB for a long, long time if he signs, which will mean he's worth it. I just hope Luke is able to help us out with the wages.

We've just made like £50 million for Luiz, I'm sure we can use a bit of that on Shaw - he's probably going to be our LB for a long, long time if he signs, which will mean he's worth it. I just hope Luke is able to help us out with the wages.

He is "probably" going to be our left back for a long time. Probably. Probably. If he doesn't?

He is "probably" going to be our left back for a long time. Probably. Probably. If he doesn't?

If he signs, we know he'll be able to play for a couple of years at the very least, he's a Chelsea supporter and seeing as how we need a LB, he'll get plenty of game time. What are the odds that he actually leaves us and we don't get a good fee for him?

If he signs, we know he'll be able to play for a couple of years at the very least, he's a Chelsea supporter and seeing as how we need a LB, he'll get plenty of game time. What are the odds that he actually leaves us and we don't get a good fee for him?

Not worried about him leaving, more worried about him not living upto the 30m price tag.

1) It makes sense for Soton to sell to us rather than a team who are direct rivals for league position, hence lower fee.

2) We have CL football, this often means that clubs are more accpeting of players wanting to move. It is the time old excuse for players pushing to leave, and clubs giving in.

3) ££££ means we could actually afford the fee, even if we don’t want to.

4) We should have the desire for a potentially club trained player who could be at the club for 10+ years.

5) By offering CL football, being his boyhood club and not making work for a Dutch psycho, Shaw may see us as an attractive enought prospect to lower wage demands (£80k p/w is a happy medium). I know we have Mourinho who isn’t exactly sane but hey, I couldn't see why a player like Shaw may prefer Van Gaal to Mourinho.

6) Offer Bertrand to reduce the fee.

7) I want him and I have decided the club owe me now that David Luiz is gone. Let us get a future face of our club.

He was picked over Azpilicueta for Premier League team of the season by pretty much every pundit, even 'straight talkers' like Gary Neville picked him over Azpi. The guy replaced Mr Ashley-"I ain't done yet"-Cole for England and yet people are referring to him as a 'prospect' on here, lmao.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You