Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a 20mil bid for him (even that is over paying). If he realky wants to play for us, here is his chance. Otherwise move on.

We have the money, we have the luxury to choose from different options (shaw, moreno, RR, luis ). So the ball is un our court.b

Make a 20mil bid for him (even that is over paying). If he realky wants to play for us, here is his chance. Otherwise move on.

We have the money, we have the luxury to choose from different options (shaw, moreno, RR, luis ). So the ball is un our court.b

make it 15 mill and I might agree otherwise PVA or Ryan but Full internationals and HG

but Ryan is English and PVA is classed as one and we have them both

Bertrand is almost definitely as good as he's ever going to be i'm afraid. Shaw has the potential to be as good as Ash. Homegrown and good enough for the first team is so much better than homegrown bench/squad player.

Bertrand is almost definitely as good as he's ever going to be i'm afraid. Shaw has the potential to be as good as Ash. Homegrown and good enough for the first team is so much better than homegrown bench/squad player.

Free is better than 30 mill as well

Free is better than 30 mill as well

True, but if we want to win the league we need top class players in every position, and a smattering of home grown players good enough for the first team included within that. Bertrand and PVA unfortunately don't fulfil either quality...

True, but if we want to win the league we need top class players in every position, and a smattering of home grown players good enough for the first team included within that. Bertrand and PVA unfortunately don't fulfil either quality...

and you are so sure Shaw is ????

So many people against Shaw here!

What the hell happened? Has everyone forgot how good he's been the last year/18 months?

Rodriguez/Moreno and anyone else from foreign leagues are as big a risk as Shaw, maybe even more as they are PL unproven.

Shaw is younger, proven in the PL and above all else, English, which will help fill our quota over the coming years.

An English player that is good enough to be in our first team squad is not to be sniffed at.

While he might be expensive (~£27M), Rodriguez (the only player better than Shaw) will nearly be as much and Moreno and others just aren't as good.

(1) Nobody is against him, just against the ridiculous transfer fee and no Rodriguez will not be anywhere near the same price and yes, Moreno is arguably as good. I've also seen Bernat play a bit for Valencia and he impresses me more than Shaw.

(2) Southampton want 30 million for him. They can fuck off for all I care. No one will want him for that amount and his value is very unlikely to increase anytime soon.

(3) We also shouldn't buy players for their nationality, but for their qualities. At 19, everybody was praising Micah Richards as the 2nd coming of Baresi, where is he now?

(1) Nobody is against him, just against the ridiculous transfer fee and no Rodriguez will not be anywhere near the same price and yes, Moreno is arguably as good. I've also seen Bernat play a bit for Valencia and he impresses me more than Shaw.

(2) Southampton want 30 million for him. They can fuck off for all I care. No one will want him for that amount and his value is very unlikely to increase anytime soon.

(3) We also shouldn't but players for their nationality, but for their qualities.

1) That was the impression I got when I read the last 3 or so pages of this thread, for what it's worth I agree that the transfer fee is high. Rodriguez will be at least £20M, probably £25M. Wolfsburg know how to get a good deal. They got £27M for Dzeko and Rodriguez is better now than Dzeko was then. Why would they let arguably their best player go for anything less than £20-25M? Moreno might be as good. Bernat, no, not a fan.

2) £30M is extortionate yes, but I think this (admittedly large) con, is balanced by all the pros and leaves it still as a good bit of business overall.

3) While you are right, and I myself do judge players on their ability, not their nationality, the fact is that we are an English club. The fans will lose identity with the club if it is full of foreign players. I like the influx of foreign talent into the PL, I think it brings a great diversity to the game and make the league what it is: in my opinion the best league in the world. But I don't think it's unreasonable for the clubs around the world to have local/national players as the backbone of their club.

It pains me that Chelsea are the first English club to field and entirely non-English starting XI. It's a record we'll hold forever. And that's not even going into the home grown player quota we need to fulfil. And I for one don't want to see players like PVA, Josh and Chalobah rotting on the bench or worse just so we have to fill our quota.

(3) We also shouldn't buy players for their nationality, but for their qualities. At 19, everybody was praising Micah Richards as the 2nd coming of Baresi, where is he now?

Richards was crippled by lots of serious injuries and a lack of desire due to too much too early. Shaw might well be the same, but I think we have to take that chance, it'd be the same with any player we signed.

1) That was the impression I got when I read the last 3 or so pages of this thread, for what it's worth I agree that the transfer fee is high. Rodriguez will be at least £20M, probably £25M. Wolfsburg know how to get a good deal. They got £27M for Dzeko and Rodriguez is better now than Dzeko was then. Why would they let arguably their best player go for anything less than £20-25M? Moreno might be as good. Bernat, no, not a fan.

2) £30M is extortionate yes, but I think this (admittedly large) con, is balanced by all the pros and leaves it still as a good bit of business overall.

3) While you are right, and I myself do judge players on their ability, not their nationality, the fact is that we are an English club. The fans will lose identity with the club if it is full of foreign players. I like the influx of foreign talent into the PL, I think it brings a great diversity to the game and make the league what it is: in my opinion the best league in the world. But I don't think it's unreasonable for the clubs around the world to have local/national players as the backbone of their club.

It pains me that Chelsea are the first English club to field and entirely non-English starting XI. It's a record we'll hold forever. And that's not even going into the home grown player quota we need to fulfil. And I for one don't want to see players like PVA, Josh and Chalobah rotting on the bench or worse just so we have to fill our quota.

Honestly, the only way I will contemplate going for Shaw for this price is if we sign a Pogba or Koke first. Now that we have the Diego Costa deal under wraps, the next outlay has to be in that central midfield. There's a reason why fullbacks don't set transfer fee records.

(3) I agree 100% with the sentiment and which is why we have to make sure we groom the likes of Baker, Swift, Loftus Cheek, Solanke and so on properly. We have the best collection of English talent in the league. Far more talented than Southampton's. What's the main diff between ours and theirs? It's that they actually use it.

Instead of spending extortionate money on other club's English talent, we should trust and use ours. It will hurt me seeing Shaw wearing the red of Man United if they do sign him, he's a Chelsea boy. Was a SB regular when he was a kid. But for the sums being banded about. So be it. UNLESS, we do the deals for a top class CM first and have spare cash to waste.

Honestly, the only way I will contemplate going for Shaw for this price is if we sign a Pogba or Koke first. Now that we have the Diego Costa deal under wraps, the next outlay has to be in that central midfield. There's a reason why fullbacks don't set transfer fee records.

(3) I agree 100% with the sentiment and which is why we have to make sure we groom the likes of Baker, Swift, Loftus Cheek, Solanke and so on properly. We have the best collection of English talent in the league. Far more talented than Southampton's. What's the main diff between ours and theirs? It's that they actually use it.

Instead of spending extortionate money on other club's English talent, we should trust and use ours. It will hurt me seeing Shaw wearing the red of Man United if they do sign him, he's a Chelsea boy. Was a SB regular when he was a kid. But for the sums being banded about. So be it. UNLESS, we do the deals for a top class CM first and have spare cash to waste.

Agree with all of that tbh. World class CM is priority. Especially with Luiz gone, Mikel half out the door and Lamps' future up in the air. Pogba, Koke, Vidal, Rakitic or Gundogan. If there isn't the money for Shaw and we can't make it though transfers then I agree with shelving the bid.

I hope you're right and we do start to use our youth more. But that will come when we have managerial stability (now with Jose, I hope). I have high hopes for the future if we do.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You