Luke Shaw

Joker10

£20m + Bertrand? Sounds good to me. Southampton get a ready replacement with PL experience.

NO THANKS.

we are looking for a back up LB .. a Dutch international who will cost nothing and much less in wages sounds a better deal to me

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we've missed out on him.

Think everything has been agreed with United and they'll wait to announce it until after the World Cup. Maybe even before just to get their supporters happy.

I like Luke Shaw. I like the fact that he's a big time CFC fan but I'm glad we're missing out on him. Spending a sizeable portion of our budget on an 18 year old left back is Hari Kari. And he's good but he's not THAT good and there's no evidence that he will be. He could be Le Saux "good" or Roberto Carlos "great", but i comes at a price not worth finding out.

I don't know what the bigger joke is. Man United bidding 27 million pounds (!) for him or Southampton turning it down. Absolute stupidity from both clubs. Seriously, PSG payed 15 million euros for Lucas Digne who is arguably a bigger talent than Shaw and a French home-grown player for them. Where's the logic in a slightly less proven English player costing more than twice as much? That can't be good for English football. But Man U have 200 million to spend and we don't.

Ricardo Rodriguez, Bernat and Alberto Moreno. Just a list of LB's in and around the same age as Shaw that will be well into our budget. Will especially love Rodriguez.

Think we've missed out on him.

Think everything has been agreed with United and they'll wait to announce it until after the World Cup. Maybe even before just to get their supporters happy.

Still amazed that a young Chelsea supporter who lives so close to Cobham with his talent won't end up here. That price though and the wages. :blink:

Doesn't sound too happy about the situation with the youth coaches being let go, which you wouldn't really expect to hear from someone with plans to stick around.

Gutted for doddsy and Willo, helped me a lot in my development over the years, wish them all the best in their carers 1f625.png

Still amazed that a young Chelsea supporter who lives so close to Cobham with his talent won't end up here. That price though and the wages. :blink:

Doesn't sound too happy about the situation with the youth coaches being let go, which you wouldn't really expect to hear from someone with plans to stick around.

Gutted for doddsy and Willo, helped me a lot in my development over the years, wish them all the best in their carers 1f625.png

Honestly, I'm kind of over the price. I was astounded by it at first too but like many people are saying all over twitter, if he realizes his potential then the price will look like nothing if he's top class for 10-15 years.

I'd much rather he realizes that potential here than at fucking United. I feel like he'll be one we're going to regret not forking over the cash for. Young, English, Chelsea supporter, his idol leaving. Literally on a plate for us and we're going to let him slip.

Honestly, I'm kind of over the price. I was astounded by it at first too but like many people are saying all over twitter, if he realizes his potential then the price will look like nothing if he's top class for 10-15 years.

I'd much rather he realizes that potential here than at fucking United. I feel like he'll be one we're going to regret not forking over the cash for. Young, English, Chelsea supporter, his idol leaving. Literally on a plate for us and we're going to let him slip.

Big if though. I'd love to see him here and watch him develop over the next decade but it's a massively risky deal.

Would love for him to force the move here on lower wages, but football's a business at the end of the day. United are desperate and he's one of the few marquee signings that they can actually get. If Southampton have got any sense they'll drag it out and let Woodward fuck it up like he did with the Fellaini deal.

Big if though. I'd love to see him here and watch him develop over the next decade but it's a massively risky deal.

Would love for him to force the move here on lower wages, but football's a business at the end of the day. United are desperate and he's one of the few marquee signings that they can actually get. If Southampton have got any sense they'll drag it out and let Woodward fuck it up like he did with the Fellaini deal.

Seeing the way José really improved so many of our players last season makes me certain that Shaw would grow leaps and bounds under his management as well as being surrounded by top class players. I don't think it's very risky at all. Even if he improves slightly on how good he is now he'd be an excellent purchase.

If we get any of the LB's we've been linked with I think it'll really unleash Eden even more. Having a gifted attacking LB up there with him drawing away defenders would be incredible.

If we showed some serious interest and made it known to him that we really wanted him here I think we can get the price down a bit because he'd push hard for move. Unfortunately we're too late.

He's English. That's why it is overpriced. But we won't miss it though, as he is not in Courtois situation. In Courtois you can't find anyone with that age on the same level with him in GK. But if we miss on Shaw, there will still plenty of options out there, like filipe luis, alberto moreno. The only disadvantage is that they're not English.

He's English. That's why it is overpriced. But we won't miss it though, as he is not in Courtois situation. In Courtois you can't find anyone with that age on the same level with him in GK. But if we miss on Shaw, there will still plenty of options out there, like filipe luis, alberto moreno. The only disadvantage is that they're not English.

Felipe Luis is already almost 30 and I'm still not convinced Moreno would fit our side. He's one of those tiny Barca type midgets. Not sure he'd take to the Premier League well.

It's Shaw or Rodriguez for me. Either would be awesome signings. Think RR is actually the better player right now, but Shaw is younger (slightly) and English so I'd prefer him.

we are talking about a back up LB ,, PVA is a Dutch International and HOMEGROWN ...

Felipe Luis is already almost 30 and I'm still not convinced Moreno would fit our side. He's one of those tiny Barca type midgets. Not sure he'd take to the Premier League well.

It's Shaw or Rodriguez for me. Either would be awesome signings. Think RR is actually the better player right now, but Shaw is younger (slightly) and English so I'd prefer him.

RICARDOOOOOO RODRIGUEZZZZ!!!!!!

By the same token I'd much rather him fail at Utd for 30m than fail at Chelsea. He's good English talent nothing more than that, nothing he does stand outs as burgeoning world class.

Seeing the way José really improved so many of our players last season makes me certain that Shaw would grow leaps and bounds under his management as well as being surrounded by top class players. I don't think it's very risky at all. Even if he improves slightly on how good he is now he'd be an excellent purchase.

If we get any of the LB's we've been linked with I think it'll really unleash Eden even more. Having a gifted attacking LB up there with him drawing away defenders would be incredible.

If we showed some serious interest and made it known to him that we really wanted him here I think we can get the price down a bit because he'd push hard for move. Unfortunately we're too late.

By the same token we have Patrick Van Aanholt who would also improve under Jose's tutelage, he deserves a chance to show what he can do too. I wouldn't pay over the odds for Shaw when we have Patrick and can bid for Rodriguez. Van Aanholt is homegrown too.

By the same token we have Patrick Van Aanholt who would also improve under Jose's tutelage, he deserves a chance to show what he can do too. I wouldn't pay over the odds for Shaw when we have Patrick and can bid for Rodriguez. Van Aanholt is homegrown too.

Van Aanholt is 5 years older than Shaw and has had plenty of chances to impress. Has he ever shown anything special? It's the same argument about Bertrand to be honest.

Rodriguez doesn't strike me as being any further along than Shaw to be honest, despite being 3 years older. That depends a lot on the price, although he racks up stats nicely.

Van Aanholt is 5 years older than Shaw and has had plenty of chances to impress. Has he ever shown anything special? It's the same argument about Bertrand to be honest.

Rodriguez doesn't strike me as being any further along than Shaw to be honest, despite being 3 years older. That depends a lot on the price, although he racks up stats nicely.

I know, he's now in his prime years and going forward looks the business. Not sure if you watched any Vitesse games last year but Patrick has developed into one hell of an attacking LB.

And we've been around this mulberry bush before, to me Rodriguez is MILES ahead of Luke Shaw. Better defender, better crosser, scores a fair bit and dangerous from set pieces. Any day of the week I'd take Ricardo over Shaw except the day where it is imperative we get homegrown talent.

I know, he's now in his prime years and going forward looks the business. Not sure if you watched any Vitesse games last year but Patrick has developed into one hell of an attacking LB.

And we've been around this mulberry bush before, to me Rodriguez is MILES ahead of Luke Shaw. Better defender, better crosser, scores a fair bit and dangerous from set pieces. Any day of the week I'd take Ricardo over Shaw except the day where it is imperative we get homegrown talent.

Van Aanholt has looked ok in a weaker league, yet he can also be dodgy defensively. Nice player but even when we're playing against teams who sit deep we need players who can defend. That's the reality of the Premier League.

Rodriguez isn't miles ahead. He's got better stats going forward but let's not pretend that he isn't as big a risk as Shaw is, especially as he's not immune from the odd lapse in concentration himself. Defensively there are big questions about how he'd handle this league in my opinion and he's hardly going to be cheap. He's still a young player who needs developing and testing in a stronger league.

Literally exactly what I was going to say.

Bertrand didn't look out of place at Villa. That's about his level, to be honest. Never good enough to be the main, everyday LB at a top European club like ourselves. He's even more useless going forward than Ivanovic.

Van Aanholt will never get near our first team. Not good enough.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You