Luke Shaw

Joker10

100,000 pounds per week over 5 years and 30m fee for an 18 year old? ummm please no

rather go for other exciting talents in Europe in that position that would cost half the price - Alberto Moreno, Ricardo Rodriguez, Felipe Luis .

And to think he would be at the same club with Rooney, he could get 200,000 pounds p/w at 20 if he could learn well from Rooney himself !!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they pay this fee and wages for Shaw it sets a benchmark for what other clubs and players will demand when Manure come calling ...

The Rooney deal is already a bench mark, and it's filtered down to possibly the 100k a week that it sounds like Shaw could be receiving. I'd be absolutely livid if I was a United fan tying Rooney up to that sort of money.......nothing short of financial madness.

The Rooney deal is already a bench mark, and it's filtered down to possibly the 100k a week that it sounds like Shaw could be receiving. I'd be absolutely livid if I was a United fan tying Rooney up to that sort of money.......nothing short of financial madness.

I mean the transfer fee as well ,,, 27 million for an 18y old LB how much for a 26y established CM or even CB

Speaking of Rooney, I'm really struggling to see where he plays for them next season. RvP is the undisputed first choice striker when fit and especially under his close buddy Van Gaal. Mata is their record signing and a better #10 than Rooney is, Januzaj is on one wing, and they seem to be after a top class winger for the other side.

Where does that leave their £300k a week man who wants to be a striker?

Speaking of Rooney, I'm really struggling to see where he plays for them next season. RvP is the undisputed first choice striker when fit and especially under his close buddy Van Gaal. Mata is their record signing and a better #10 than Rooney is, Januzaj is on one wing, and they seem to be after a top class winger for the other side.

Where does that leave their £300k a week man who wants to be a striker?

Mata going to get dropped under Van Gaal.

if they pay this fee and wages for Shaw it sets a benchmark for what other clubs and players will demand when Manure come calling ...

The Fellaini and Mata deals already did that I think. :D

It just shows how desperate United are, like they were with those signings. This is one of the few players they can actually sign who can get the fanbase a bit excited, although anyone who isn't a bit worried about this deal is probably a bit naive.

United can't go out there and get their main targets like we seem to be able to. If we get Costa for the rumoured fee then it shows just how good at these types of deals we are when you also look at the Matic deal.

Matic and Costa for £12 million less than Fellaini and Mata.... :clap::clap:

Matic and Costa for £12 million less than Fellaini and Mata.... :clap::clap:

Especially when you consider they spent the club record fee on someone who has not one but two direct competitors for one spot, one of whom is their highest paid player and soon to be captain.

Rio was 23, captain of a good Leeds side, had made about 200 first-team appearances and had played Champions League football. He was already proven at the top level in most respects.

This is a far bigger gamble than the Ferdinand transfer in my opinion.

Considering inflation 30m back then is about 50m now i would guess.
In an ideal world we would wait until Luke has proven himself further, but sadly we don't seem to have that option.

The best we can hope for is Southampton holding on to him for another season so that we could get him next year as an even better player. No way we can outbid those delusional United cunts. 30m plus 100k/week is just financial suicide. And there is no guarantee he can perform on the bigger stage like the CL.

So Cole is leaving. And now we only have Bertrand as a proper playable LB. We need this guy. I'd rather we spend the 30M on him than many of the other 'exciting' prospects out there...he fills in many checks on my list.

Im torn. I like him a lot and he's pretty complete, young, and English. Maybe we can get him for closer to £20m? £30m is just too much.

Im torn. I like him a lot and he's pretty complete, young, and English. Maybe we can get him for closer to £20m? £30m is just too much.

Probably if we throw in a player into the deal...

All the Utd fans at work expect a big bust up at Utd...

Rumours flying around VG wants VP as captain! Shrek or Shreik (as my iPad calls him) won't be happy with that!!!

The club is in meltdown - ahh love watching it...

All the Utd fans at work expect a big bust up at Utd...

Rumours flying around VG wants VP as captain! Shrek or Shreik (as my iPad calls him) won't be happy with that!!!

The club is in meltdown - ahh love watching it...

And this is related to Luke Shaw...? :carlo:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You