Luke Shaw

Joker10

Yes but am sure they still got a decent amount from their Europa League run this season and it's not like they are having a big financial problem like Inter, Milan etc.

Yeah but I think it is they need to sell a big player for big money so they can spend big money due to not progressing out of the groups.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents on this story - I think he'll end up in a United shirt because I can't see Mourinho giving the LB spot to a 19 yo. Maybe in the future, yes, but not now, not in his 2nd season, not when he is in need of trophies. This is a place in defence, the most important part in Mourinho's philosophy, I think he will look for a proven left-back there, e.g. Filipe Luis, Coentrao, Ricardo Rodriguez.

Also, with all his FFP talk and money management theories all season long, I can't see Jose spending that much on a youngester to be honest.

Otherside is that Shaw is one of few (if not only) who would get into our team from english players who are available. We will need one/two english players in first 11 to keep the tradition. Those two should be Shaw and Barkley eventualy...

The question is if board is ready to splash more cash or play without single english player in starting lineup (Considering Cahill wont be here forever and we know how impossible is for youth players to break through here).

At first I fast against paying that much, but we would get premium talent, one for next 10 years and english plus Chelsea fan, sometimes you just have to take risk. And he isnt bad player at all. Under Mou, he might reach high level in very short time (Varane esque).

It will be a real shame to see him playing for manure. I know his price tag is huge, but i really wanted him here.

No matter what people are saying about English players being overpriced (which is true), we still need them in our team and he is the perfect candidate. Young, talented, experienced, plays in a position that we need to fill and he is a Chelsea supporter. Call me romantic or naive, but for me this last thing is still important, even in the modern professional football.

For 30m, we could tie down the left back position for over a decade, Shaw would also be part of the homegrown core that every football club needs, he is also a Chelsea fan.

Yes 30m is a bit steep, but sometimes you just have to pay that bit extra. We can't let him go to United, we just can't.

30 million is just too much for Luke Shaw.

If we need homegrown players...how about making the effort to blood-in 1 english youngster every season from now on...

e.g. Chalobah next season, RLC the season after...

If we need homegrown players...how about making the effort to blood-in 1 english youngster every season from now on...

In principle i agree, but if we get a good decade and a half out off him the price tag will be the last thing on our minds.
Rio Ferdinand is leaving United after 12 years off service, not one United fan gives 2 shits about his price tag now.

For 30m, we could tie down the left back position for over a decade, Shaw would also be part of the homegrown core that every football club needs, he is also a Chelsea fan.

Yes 30m is a bit steep, but sometimes you just have to pay that bit extra. We can't let him go to United, we just can't.

You never know he could turn out like Phil Jones aka the next John Terry. :lol:

:philjones

You never know he could turn out like Phil Jones aka the next John Terry. :lol:

:philjones

:lol:

In all seriousness Phil Jones had top potential but was completely mismanaged by Fergie.

:lol:

In all seriousness Phil Jones had top potential but was completely mismanaged by Fergie.

Yeah Fergie did play a role in Phil Jones lack of development, but there are other factors injuries and ultimately the player development stalled.

If Shaw lives up to the hype 30m looks good and we could say he was well worth it. If it goes the other way his transfer could well rival Torres debacle. It is definitely a high risk high reward type deal, it would be a bold decision to pay that amount. I am pretty sure in United case they are being reckless, since they have the revenues to take such risk. They also just want to flex their muscle after City winning the title and them having their worst season in a long time.

Not sure if it has been stated before, but Utd are offering him £100,000 pw. They really are trying to buy success FAST!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/05/12/4812737/manchester-united-to-make-shaw-highest-paid-teenager-in?ICID=HP_FT_3

100,000 pounds per week over 5 years and 30m fee for an 18 year old? ummm please no

rather go for other exciting talents in Europe in that position that would cost half the price - Alberto Moreno, Ricardo Rodriguez, Felipe Luis .

Personally, I will have serious reservations signing world-class fullbacks like Lahm or Marcelo for 30 million pounds, let alone an 18 year old fullback, lol. United are desperate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes to Moreno and Rodriguez and you can throw in Bernat there too from Valencia. Another top LB prospect with fantastic qualities.

In principle i agree, but if we get a good decade and a half out off him the price tag will be the last thing on our minds.
Rio Ferdinand is leaving United after 12 years off service, not one United fan gives 2 shits about his price tag now.

Rio was 23, captain of a good Leeds side, had made about 200 first-team appearances and had played Champions League football. He was already proven at the top level in most respects.

This is a far bigger gamble than the Ferdinand transfer in my opinion.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You