Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see the logic in loaning shaw but having bertrand stay when shaw offers so much more than bertrand ever will.

Because shaw would be better off playing in the first team for soton than being a backup to Cole like bertrand is now, who seems to be fine with his role.

I'm in agreement with you that our fullbacks should be sound defensively and they certainly are. But united won the league with for me, two not good defenders at outside back. I thought evra was just really bad this year defensively, seemed only to care about getting forward. And Rafael for me was great the first half of the year but after that wasn't near as good.

So I do think you can win the league with fullbacks who aren't great defensively but I'm happy we have defenders who are

Well, tbf, this season was an exception as united never really had any competition. Can't expect that every season.

Amazing talent. Defensively solid, composed, quick and very strong for his age. He will only get better. I like Bertrand, I think he's a good squad player. But I don't think he's good enough to be first choice for this club. Shaw has that potential.

Thing is Baines is not bad defensively. He is just very attacking but most matches he does well defensively and attacking wise. At us, we need more from our fullbacks going forward if we want to push on. For instance against Benfica how many times did Cole get forward compared to their LB. Hardly, and that is not because of what we tell him to do, he just does not have the pace and attacking play that he once had. Annoying because with Baines in our team we would improve much more but with Cole signing a contract that is not going to happen.

People say Cole is still brilliant defensively but he has been very error prone this season and been bullied off the ball. I mentioned which players have skinned him in another thread somewhere so I will not go over that again. But I look at other big clubs and their LB and I feel Cole should be doing more. I only think it is his rep keeping that notion that he is the best LB in the world.

With Shaw, I would love to have him here eventually but next season he will certainly be at Southampton without a doubt. Hopefully in a few years time he will be ready to be the no.1 left back here.

Because shaw would be better off playing in the first team for soton than being a backup to Cole like bertrand is now, who seems to be fine with his role.

shaw could actually challenge cole for his spot. bertrand cant do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2aD10lIvMk

Faster,,more confident,,likely to cross. i'll say yes for this Kids,,can he turn to Winger just like Bale did??? :halo:

Amazing talent. Defensively solid, composed, quick and very strong for his age. He will only get better. I like Bertrand, I think he's a good squad player. But I don't think he's good enough to be first choice for this club. Shaw has that potential.

Err, what happened to not believe in Youtube videos because it only makes everyone look good??

Err, what happened to not believe in Youtube videos because it only makes everyone look good??

well we all watched him in the match vs us and he was very good.

Bertrand has played 150 games on loan, lack of experience is not his problem. Why take a player out who is already a part of the squad and replace him with s.o. who is not?

I would like to see what Bertrand can do over the course of a season playing at a competitive level in his own position. That won't happen at Chelsea. Rather that than watch his career stagnate, because Mourinho is bound to pick Cole as his first choice.

If he ever comes, he is bound to be our future captain. Not imediately, but in few years...

i would definitely tip chalobah over shaw for future captain

That was one match! He's been pretty average in many others. It's only natural that he isn't consistent yet, he's only 18!

Nope. He's actually 17, so he should really be more consistent...oh, wait..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You