Luke Shaw

Joker10

£20m for Filipe Luis is also excessive though in my opinion. Last season he was undoubtedly one of the best LBs in the world but he'll be 29 by the time next season comes around. How many seasons can he offer us at the highest level before he deteriorates and has no sell-on value? Not many I suspect.

That's true. I've always been an advocate of the Shaw signing but I can't see us spending that much (wages wise too) on someone that isn't near the finished product yet. I would of course prefer Shaw but I don't mind the Luis signing because he's a top left back that can probably give us a good 3/4 years which is fine.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the top English clubs 'produce' English talent and won't now either, you are living in a fantasy land.

THAT'S WHY they are going at such a premium.. because the small clubs know we're not producing them.

And THAT'S WHY it needs to change. In terms of bang for your buck you're getting severely ripped off.

I'm not English so I have less of an issue about where the player originates from. If we have English men on the roster and mostly on the bench I'm cool with that rather than overspending for mediocre "talent"

Of course it does!!! He's yet to play in any big games and hasn't been a world beater in the small ones.

The Champions league isn't that much of a step up especially since he's already performing week in week out in one of the best leagues.

The Champions league isn't that much of a step up especially since he's already performing week in week out in one of the best leagues.

lol...

Let's not get carried away here, I know you have a Shaw hard on but come on... 30m for a serviceable LB who hasn't played in one big game is a gross overpayment. If he flops it'll be of Andy Carroll-like proportions. If he does well, well then they got what they paid for I suppose. I don't have faith Luke Shaw will ever be a £30m player

'Although' he would have gone for a premium anyway, United being in the position they are in.. the only chance they had was to blow up the transfer fee, taking us out of the race.

Make up your mind dude!

Now you're saying they drove up the price to keep us away? I thought a club this size can afford to pay that amount?

Face it, in the eyes of our Board and Jose, Luke Shaw is not the answer at LB. And for those saying Filipe isn't a bargain at 20m I would beg to differ because if Filipe allows Hazard to become a Ballon D'or candidate in the next 2-3 yrs his value will be considered a bargain.

lol...

Let's not get carried away here, I know you have a Shaw hard on but come on... 30m for a serviceable LB who hasn't played in one big game is a gross overpayment. If he flops it'll be of Andy Carroll-like proportions. If he does well, well then they got what they paid for I suppose. I don't have faith Luke Shaw will ever be a £30m player

The CL isn't a massive step up, when he's playing the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and doing well at his age than he is something special.

The CL isn't a massive step up, when he's playing the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and doing well at his age than he is something special.

Dude you're embarrassing yourself. Stop now... The Champions League is the most prestigious club tournament in the World, the pressure to perform well is magnified 10X than it is to have a game a WHL... Having said that of the English teams you've mentioned which of them was Shaw a standout player?

If all goes well,United have secured a player for at least 10 year now and at a premium price of 30m. The price is massively high but the investment makes sense as its for the long term.

They won't need to spend on that position once or twice again (which could have been at least spending 20m.who knows it could be less or even more)

So, it may look like a bad deal now but if you consider all factors,it's not a terrible deal.

If all goes well,United have secured a player for at least 10 year now and at a premium price of 30m. The price is massively high but the investment makes sense as its for the long term.

They won't need to spend on that position once or twice again (which could have been at least spending 20m.who knows it could be less or even more)

So, it may look like a bad deal now but if you consider all factors,it's not a terrible deal.

Are we sure it's done? Could be another Herrera deal ;)

Edit: FFS last time I read the Evening Standard and believe it!!!

SSN showing Herrera as signed...

Fucking journo's....

And if it goes wrong? and I mean it could definitely go wrong. He's not tearing it up as an 18yr old.

A desperate but pretty good investment for United if he doesn't flop. But because of his price, the expectations and pressure on him will be huge. He's just a teenager.

I wouldn't have minded if we got him, but I don't care that United did. He's good, but I'm not convinced that he's something special.

Dude you're embarrassing yourself. Stop now... The Champions League is the most prestigious club tournament in the World, the pressure to perform well is magnified 10X than it is to have a game a WHL... Having said that of the English teams you've mentioned which of them was Shaw a standout player?

I'm embarrassing myself? :lol:

I know the CL is a step up but it's not a massive one like you're suggesting, at the age of 18/19 he's been playing against the big boys and performing well, in a few years time he will only improve. Chelsea, City and United were all seriously interested in him, he's a massive talent and to suddenly downplay his ability because he hasn't played in the CL is laughable.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You