Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price is ridiculous, but the bad taste remains. Genuine chelsea fan and english player that we lost...

I do believe he will join us in few years once his contract expires if he is such big cfc fan as he says.

If City or ourselves had payed that much for him we'd be slaughtered.

Get ready for the "Absolutely brilliant business by United. He's world class and will be for a decade" shit.

If you're a small side and manage to develop an English talent, you can run an entire club on selling them off.

The thing is, THIS is the only way top teams will take English talent to the 'next level', because of the huge fee.. they will persist with Shaw even on off-days. If Bertrand or whoever has a bad game, that's that.. it's all about the return on investment, but there has to be investment.

The price is ridiculous, but the bad taste remains. Genuine chelsea fan and english player that we lost...

I do believe he will join us in few years once his contract expires if he is such big cfc fan as he says.

We didn't lose anything, did we even bid? We actually saved... somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15m

Zero chance, mate. He'll be at United for at least a decade. Only way he moves to another English side is if he flops terribly and goes to a small club. No way would United sell or allow him to go to a rival.

Zero chance, mate. He'll be at United for at least a decade. Only way he moves to another English side is if he flops terribly and goes to a small club. No way would United sell or allow him to go to a rival.

In five years, his contract is off without extention. Sure things change, but he looks to be mad on chelsea and could push through in few years time. He doesnt extend and United will have to sell, or they will lose it on free. But thats just speculation.

If he realy performs well, and we expres interest, I can see Cole type move.

We didn't lose anything, did we even bid? We actually saved... somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15m

And?, £15m isn't a lot to a club of this size (although it puts pressure on the player), wages were the problem (Cahill/Matic/Azpi/oscar etc all under 100k).

Not lost; I meant missed.

English talent isnt realy floating around and I will be pissed if there will be not a single english player in our team after terry and Cahill leave. Baker to the rescue I guess.

In five years, his contract is off without extention. Sure things change, but he looks to be mad on chelsea and could push through in few years time. He doesnt extend and United will have to sell, or they will lose it on free. But thats just speculation.

If he realy performs well, and we expres interest, I can see Cole type move.

He may be a Chelsea fan but I doubt it'll matter much and may even change the second he puts on a red shirt. They'll just throw a shit ton more in wages at him by the time his contract runs down.

Aaron Ramsey was supposedly a United fan for example. Doesn't mean much at all to footballers.

And?, £15m isn't a lot to a club of this size (although it puts pressure on the player), wages were the problem (Cahill/Matic/Azpi/oscar etc all under 100k).

LOL...

I was saying we'd be overspending by 15m to get Shaw. He's nowhere near worth what he's going for its clear as a summer's day

Not lost; I meant missed.

English talent isnt realy floating around and I will be pissed if there will be not a single english player in our team after terry and Cahill leave. Baker to the rescue I guess.

We need to produce English talent not overpay for it.

Hmm. Shame we won't be getting him but £30m is far too excessive.

£20m for Filipe Luis is also excessive though. Last season he was undoubtedly one of the best LBs in the world but he'll be 29 by the time next season comes around. How many seasons can he offer us at the highest level before he deteriorates and has no sell-on value? Not many I suspect.

£30 million doesn't seem so ridiculous when you compare it to spending £20 million on a 29 year old... I know Luis is one of the best LBs in the world right now but he is 29, Shaw at 19 is already one of the better LBs in the league and is only going to get better.

We need to produce English talent not overpay for it.

We won't, none of the top English clubs 'produce' English talent, you are living in a fantasy land.

THAT'S WHY they are going at such a premium.. because the small clubs know we're not producing them.

£30 million doesn't seem so ridiculous when you compare it to spending £20 million on a 29 year old... I know Luis is one of the best LBs in the world right now but he is 29, Shaw at 19 is already one of the better LBs in the league and is only going to get better.

Of course it does!!! He's yet to play in any big games and hasn't been a world beater in the small ones.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You