Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40M ? Nearly as good a deal as we got from PSG for Luiz.

Sure Shaw is a good young player but 40M is laughable. Moreno/Rodriguez are both better and would cost 15-20m max.

Who are the idiots doing the transfer side of stuff at United since Fergie left?

- Nani and Valencia got new contracts on big wages

- Rooney got a massive contract worth 300k p/w

- Fellaini for 27M

- Mata for 37M (I'd have paid that tbh)

- now Shaw for 40M

I really wanted to see this guy as our LB for the next 15 years or so but i anything over 20 million for an 18yo with barely any experience is silly. 40 million though is ridiculous. United have MUG written on their forehead!!

Looked so far out of his depth last night. Yes, the potential is there, but my lord his positional discipline is atrocious at times. He has a lot to learn. He might be a talented player but is he worth £40 million? Maybe if he stays at United for ten years, it'll have been a good investment. But it seems like another panic buy by them. I like Luke and think he'll be brilliant. I think he is at least as good as Bertrand is, but we're far better off going for someone with experience, like Luis.

United have handled this appallingly. They dragged it out, let their fans get excited about signing him (because they can't really sign any other marquee name), watched teams like us get our business done quickly and quietly and that allowed Southampton to ratchet up the price at the last minute.

If those figures are correct then they're well and truly fleeced. The pressure on him would be incredible.

Definitely overpriced, but the reported £100k/week wage is just ridicolous and shows utds desperation... Would have liked him playing for us, but not on those conditions.

Luke Shaw for more than Cesc Fabregas.

Just think about that. A world class player who's played for and starred in some of the biggest clubs in the world and for the best national team ever will be cheaper than an 18 year old LB.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You