Luke Shaw

Joker10

That's why I said what I said before. I'm not sure how strong is our interest on Shaw but would think we have some form of interest in him, slight interest at least. And speaking of assumption, aren't we all also practically assuming that Shaw has been offered 160k wages p/w and all these things with United?! So many have talked about it like it's black and white stuff already.

Slight interest is different from full on going for it though... If we never made any concrete offers how is he going to chose United over us? Like I said, United were the only team in for him in the end because they priced everyone out with a high transfer fee and high wages (100 or 160, we don't know but either is ridiculous) so I don't think you can say he chose United over us. He'd be stupid to turn that sort of money to "hope" that CFCs slight interest turns into a concrete one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight interest is different from full on going for it though... If we never made any concrete offers how is he going to chose United over us? Like I said, United were the only team in for him in the end because they priced everyone out with a high transfer fee and high wages (100 or 160, we don't know but either is ridiculous) so I don't think you can say he chose United over us. He'd be stupid to turn that sort of money to "hope" that CFCs slight interest turns into a concrete one.

All assumption based on paper talk, no? You can't say for certain either that we didn't make any offer for him.

For all we know, there could have been a situation where we and United can afford to pay Southampton what they want, offer Shaw first team football but he chose United over us because of better wages etc.

It just doesn't make sense that he got offered 160k. I could understand a high wage packet if Southampton accepted 10 bids and United wanted to make sure he chose them, but it's widely reported that United are the only one that bid so he doesn't really have a choice but sign for United or stay at Soton. He'll obviously ask for higher wages than what he'll get at Southampton but no way does he have any leverage to request 4-5 times of Soton's offer. I believe that 160k to be total bullshit. 100k is a lot more believable.

He's been bloody quality from what I've watched.

Vitesse coach about PVA this season:

'He’s not ready. You cannot make the mistakes for Chelsea that he is making with us. It is not possible.
'He is progressing and he is not an old player, he is 23. He is fast and has fantastic technique. Going forward he is one of the best but in defence he has to learn a lot if he wants to play for Chelsea. He must be reliable.'

Vitesse coach about PVA this season:

'He’s not ready. You cannot make the mistakes for Chelsea that he is making with us. It is not possible.
'He is progressing and he is not an old player, he is 23. He is fast and has fantastic technique. Going forward he is one of the best but in defence he has to learn a lot if he wants to play for Chelsea. He must be reliable.'

Nah, these guys know more about PVA's development than the Vitesse-fucking-Arnhem coach. :rolleyes:

If Mourinho could turn Coentrao into a defensive bull dog, I have no doubts he could work well with Patrick. All assumptions though

Being a bit suspect is one thing, being a full blown liability is another. Van Aanholt's sense of positioning is worse than Bosingwa's.
He has absolutely no chance of making it with a manager who even remotely values defence, let alone someone who builds his team foundation and stability on it.
Brendan might take him tho, and right wingers would be licking their lips with the prospect of a day out at Anfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Bq2IQ-bCEAUpSCS.jpg

In what world we living? Silly MU paying 34 mln for a teenager and offering 100k wage its just so stupid. And then people start asking why english players so overrated. :doh:

Luke fucking Shaw for more than Hazard, Oscar, Fabregas, Diego Costa...

Unbelievable. Unreal. Desperate from United.

Yeah, ridiculous. He's good, but compared to all these guys, such a price for a teenager is beyond silly and will put a lot of pressure on him.

I'm going to laugh next season when Luis comfortably outperforms him and cost half the price.

Good, young player but in no way is he worth that kind of money.

He'll be on 75k pw according to Jake Cohen

If Manchester United signs Luke Shaw for £34m + a 5-year deal at £75k pw, he'll cost £10.7m py on FFP books. Drop in the bucket for #mufc

Drop in the bucket indeed. Transfer fee was never the issue, it was always the wages that were 'supposed' to be the problem.

Great deal for United, we're cowards, let's put this into perspective..

Jon Obi Mikel - 75,000

Luke Shaw - 75,000

He'll be on 75k pw according to Jake Cohen

Drop in the bucket indeed. Transfer fee was never the issue, it was always the wages that were 'supposed' to be the problem.

Great deal for United, we're cowards, let's put this into perspective..

Jon Obi Mikel - 75,000

Luke Shaw - 75,000

Cowards, Term? Come on.

We could get Ricardo Rodriguez for just over half of that who's MUCH better than Shaw is currently.

Cowards, Term? Come on.

We could get Ricardo Rodriguez for just over half of that who's MUCH better than Shaw is currently.

Lifes too short for German football, so I can't dissect Rodriguez for you (a player we've never been linked with). I'd much rather we signed the second best natural left back in the country, and maintain the english core.

When the rumours first started the wages were aggrandised, my bets on 75k, fair play to United if so.

In what world we living? Silly MU paying 34 mln for a teenager and offering 100k wage its just so stupid. And then people start asking why english players so overrated. :doh:

This is why England NT suffer. The top teams in the league can't afford top english players in their team because of the over rating and inflated prices of the players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You