Marco Pappa

robdog

as advised by Super Poster Sh0n3x, I have decided to start this thread of an exciting Young player on this side of the pond. Marco Pappa is a midfielder from Guatemala. Dude has an assortment of tricks & has size to bang w/ the biggest of them. I get to see him here in the US, cause he plays in the MLS & he plays for Guatemala National Team. IMHO he would be a better prospect than Luka, cause A.) he would come in cheaper B.) he is bigger & stronger & most importantly C.) he is better looking & would see more jerseys ;) So now I will allow the hatas (or Luka supporters) begin to smash this assessment. Have at it!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as advised by Super Poster Sh0n3x, I have decided to start this thread of an exciting Young player on this side of the pond. Marco Pappa is a midfielder from Guatemala. Dude has an assortment of tricks & has size to bang w/ the biggest of them. I get to see him here in the US, cause he plays in the MLS & he plays for Guatemala National Team. IMHO he would be a better prospect than Luka, cause A.) he would come in cheaper B.) he is bigger & stronger & most importantly C.) he is better looking & would see more jerseys ;) So now I will allow the hatas (or Luka supporters) begin to smash this assessment. Have at it!!!!

I'll go first :D

He is 2 years younger then Modric. Compare their quality. Luka, best creative midfielder in the Premier League, league known for that kind of players to struggle and Marco, lad playing in MLS (no disrespect, but difference in league quality is evident), as I said, only 2 years younger. I know who would I rather have, no matter the money difference.

We are in need to players who are on top of their game and who will lead us week and week out with their amazing performances. Signing an unknown player for something cheap is not something we can afford to do atm. Yes, if we already had a great team, then yes, bring someone cheap in, give him a chance and see how he does. If he does well, keep him, if he doesn't, cut your losses.

As for the 3 things you mentioned I disagree.

A.) he would come in cheaper

That doesn't mean that he is a better prospect. It also doesn't mean really a lot to the club when you have a Russian billionare to back you up.

B.) he is bigger & stronger & most importantly

Not neccesarily better. We are not trying to bring Modric to help our defending, but to organize the play, which by god, he does amazingly.

C.) he is better looking & would see more jerseys

No way he would sell more jerseys then Modric. Modric has good marketing value also.

Compare their quality. Luka, best creative midfielder in the Premier League, league known for that kind of players to struggle and Marco, lad playing in MLS (no disrespect, but difference in league quality is evident), as I said, only 2 years younger. I know who would I rather have, no matter the money difference.

hmm.gifI wonder if Fulcrap ever thought this when they bought Clint Dempsey? They are looking pretty smart now aren't they?

hmm.gifI wonder if Fulcrap ever thought this when they bought Clint Dempsey? They are looking pretty smart now aren't they?

Dempsey signed for Fulham in the season they nearly got relegated. He's progressed nicely, but I doubt Fulham knew he'd turn out to be this good.

Some guy from Guatemala told me that Wigan and Villareal are interested in him.

Looks interesting.

But I think if there is a player to get from MLS, then is my country man Brek Shea!

In a matter of fact, if there is no profile of him, I will create one right now!

Ok I know you people doubt me, so let me show a lil' bit of Pappa's skillz:

& before posters here start typing crap about this is only the USNMT, let me remind you that the Yanks have beaten both Finalists in this year's European Championship. Also point out the fact that England (even w/ Looney Rooney) did not beat the US & in fact the Yanks won that group in South Africa. Some if you talk smack, come correct.

MLS is an improving league where top teams from Europe will start getting their attention pretty soon.

Just need more Lando Donovan to emerge......

Brek Shea seems to be the first of it's kind. Agudelo is not bad.

Lets see in the coming seasons how things go.

MLS is an improving league where top teams from Europe will start getting their attention pretty soon.

Just need more Lando Donovan to emerge......

Brek Shea seems to be the first of it's kind. Agudelo is not bad.

Lets see in the coming seasons how things go.

Funny that you typed this, because CFC Legend Didier Drogba said as much. Sorry to take away from Pappa's thunder, but I already miss Da Big Blue #11. There should only be one #11 IMHO:

tumblr_m4inbz9Oav1rworo1o1_500.jpg

& before posters here start typing crap about this is only the USNMT, let me remind you that the Yanks have beaten both Finalists in this year's European Championship. Also point out the fact that England (even w/ Looney Rooney) did not beat the US & in fact the Yanks won that group in South Africa. Some if you talk smack, come correct.

Haha lets not compare teams, it's evident Spain, Italy and England are must better.

• 1 month later...

first Justin tells us to recruit from Central America....He meant Mexico I think ...Now he says MLS.

perhaps we should grab Bolt before he signs for Manure

We should have signed Freddy Adu about 6 years ago.

:Goober:

Marco Pappa... a Guatemalan playing in the MLS? Chelsea quality? Well i don't know him but if you say so, i'll look out for him in the future when i watch my next MLS or Guatamala match :blink: .

Btw i'm not sure about this "Best creative Midfielder in the Premier League" for Modric. He doesn't score or assist and when Tottenham had their shit spell last season, he went missing. We're not in for him anyway.

Your saying some unknown Guatemalan midfielder is gonna move from the MLS to a top EPL club. No chance. He needs to prove himself at a mid-level club like Fulham, Stoke first.

In terms of midfield prospects, I would of suggested Milan Badelj from Dinamo Zagreb (same club as Luka) and apparently he's done almost as well as Luka in recent times....sadly though, Hamburg snapped him up for 11 million.

MLS.. Emm is that the league where over the hill EPL stars go to retire and pick up stupendous wages? Oh hang on, scrub the stars bit as I'm pretty sure Robbie Keane plays out there.

It's a second tier league, it would be rude to compare Belgium with it in all honesty.

As for signing yet another CM... Bah we stacked already, if we wanted one we would have pulled in for Modric.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You