AVB Had No Pay Off - More Good Work By The Board

It is being reported today that AVB's pending arrival at Spurs will save us over £10m. As opposed to previous managers who received huge pay offs, we negotiated with AVB when he was fired to pay his £100,000 pw wages until he found a new job, rather than a lump sum pay off. Therefore once his move to spurs goes through next week as expected, we won't have to pay him anymore.

That is more good work from the board IMO to save huge pay outs, especially considering robbie completed the season on his assistant manager wage and his new contract will be a lot less than AVB's (reportedly between £2-3m pa).

We're european champions and it finally looks like everyone is pulling in the same direction to ensure the club acts as european champions.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have not had a job for the next twenty years. That would equate to £104 Million.

But that is of course if the clause didn't expire with his contract.

Yeah they effectively continued paying his contract so it could have been another two years pay off but this was always going to be unlikely. Otherwise it would have been about £5-8m pay off in all likelihood, so i think it was a clever tactic, as i said particularly after we recruited from within so weren't paying two manager contracts after he left for the remainder of the season.

Isn't that how these things also worked in the past? I think instead of one huge pay off we kept paying Ancelotti his agreed wages until he got hired by PSG.

Actually, I think Chelsea gave Ancelotti a £6.5 million pay-off...according to quite a few reports.