Irish & Northern Ireland Chelsea fans

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye. I'll be heading down with the kids at 20 euro for a family ticket it's hard to resist.

I follow an Irish League Championship 1 team, my idea of a shit-hole is probably alot more forgiving than yours :D

Northern Irish venues are decent though.

Northern Irish venues are decent though.

Is Football more popular in Northern Ireland compard to the rest? We get Irish/Gaelic Football on the tele here and it seems to pull good crowds, so I'm guessing that is the major sport.

I don't like the look of the 'XI' and I haven't found anything about it on the Chelsea website but Dundalk F.C. are advertising a pre-season friendly against a Chelsea XI in August. I thought you might like to know.

http://www.dundalkfc...-xi-august-14th

I read somewhere its the reserves but in sure you gathered that. Was gonna go down myself but don't think ill bother for reserve football. Plus dundalk is a hole.

Is Football more popular in Northern Ireland compard to the rest? We get Irish/Gaelic Football on the tele here and it seems to pull good crowds, so I'm guessing that is the major sport.

football would still be the major game up here but garlic football gets a massive following from the nationalist community. Don't want to turn this into politics (its difficult tho in this country) but the fact is that gaelic is an overwhelming majoriry catholic game and isn't played or promoted in our protestant schools or clubs but it has massive following amongst Catholics up here and in the republic. Truth is I think its the most usless game about. Kick, punch or throw a ball into or over a net? It's like they made a game for people who weren't good at rugby or football

football would still be the major game up here but garlic football gets a massive following from the nationalist community. Don't want to turn this into politics (its difficult tho in this country) but the fact is that gaelic is an overwhelming majoriry catholic game and isn't played or promoted in our protestant schools or clubs but it has massive following amongst Catholics up here and in the republic. Truth is I think its the most usless game about. Kick, punch or throw a ball into or over a net? It's like they made a game for people who weren't good at rugby or football

You thinks it's bad? Watch AFL. It's the bastardised son of Gaelic Football.

Everyday I'm learning that Ireland sure is a sensitive island (what I mean is that shit gets real serious quick).

Gaelic Football is without a doubt the biggest sport in Ireland. Every place in the Republic anyway has a club near by, and every town/village/area with people living has a team. It gives a real sense of community. Yeah, the crowds are good but have gone down alot in recent years due to the recession and all that. Funny you mention AFL, My brother actually played some game for his company in the stadium where the Perth team play, West Coast Eagles is it?

You can't throw the ball at all, and both Gaelic and especially Hurling require alot of skill. Seeing as it was made in the 1800's, Rugby and Football weren't exactly big then, in fact if you watched 'Green is the Colour' Rugby was non existent in Ireland and Soccer was only popular in the North. Each to their own though, and I also like the fact that you won't get a no score draw in GAA.

Gaelic Football is without a doubt the biggest sport in Ireland. Every place in the Republic anyway has a club near by, and every town/village/area with people living has a team. It gives a real sense of community. Yeah, the crowds are good but have gone down alot in recent years due to the recession and all that. Funny you mention AFL, My brother actually played some game for his company in the stadium where the Perth team play, West Coast Eagles is it?

Yep, West Coast Eagles. Does your brother live in Australia or something?

Have you seen that game they have every now with the Irish Gaelic Footballers playing against the AFL players?

Yep, West Coast Eagles. Does your brother live in Australia or something?

Have you seen that game they have every now with the Irish Gaelic Footballers playing against the AFL players?

Yeah he's in Perth for the last 3 years now, Getting residency and probably stay there, going to go offer next year I think.

Yeah I went to a couple of them actually, we always trash you :lol: Its unfair they use a round ball though

Yeah he's in Perth for the last 3 years now, Getting residency and probably stay there, going to go offer next year I think.

Yeah I went to a couple of them actually, we always trash you :lol:

Good, I hate AFL. The worst sport in the world, it's good the Gaelic Footballers put those AFL bastards in their place. And it's pretty easy to get citizenship here especially if you are British/Irish.

Very off topic but have you been to Australia? I would say if you came to Aussieland I would buy you a beer but I'm afraid to because of what happened last time. :D

You can't throw the ball at all, and both Gaelic and especially Hurling require alot of skill. Seeing as it was made in the 1800's, Rugby and Football weren't exactly big then, in fact if you watched 'Green is the Colour' Rugby was non existent in Ireland and Soccer was only popular in the North. Each to their own though, and I also like the fact that you won't get a no score draw in GAA.

ha I was only fishing mate, couldn't tell you what they do

you think its bad you should see Northern Ireland ;)

Even though us Aussies have a good relationship with Ireland my big fat mouth would get me in a lot of trouble in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Shane can quote me on this. :D