test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craigus

Tapatalk

Started by Craigus,

Do You Use Tapatalk?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use Tapatalk?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how many other members use this app, but it has certainly made my forum browsing much easier.

As far as I'm aware this forum isn't on there. I'm sure there is a good reason, but couldn't see it brought up before when I did a search?

Cheers.

I would like to bring this topic up again. It's much more comfortable and faster to browse forums on Tapatalk than on native browser mobile skins. It also has nice extra features like push messages, for example when you subscribe to a thread you will get live updates about new posts rather than going online and refreshing.

It takes a few minutes to install and after that you can forget about it, here's a link to installation instructions: http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=ipb

Mufassir08 likes this

Done it, let me know if it works ok?

Yes you legend, it works :yay: Finally I don't have to open my slow browser to view the forum.

Jim likes this

Seems to be working on the iPad. I doubt I'll be using it much though as I find the browser version to be just as good as using the forum on a PC but a cool feature nonetheless if anyone else fancies it.

Seems to be working on the iPad. I doubt I'll be using it much though as I find the browser version to be just as good as using the forum on a PC but a cool feature nonetheless if anyone else fancies it.

On a tablet it doesn't make much difference (except for push notifs if you need them), but on small screens like my phone tapatalk is much more comfortable (snappier, bigger buttons, clearer UI).

Yes you legend, it works :yay: Finally I don't have to open my slow browser to view the forum.

I saw an option to have your own app in the store, dunno how it works might be worth looking into.

On a tablet it doesn't make much difference (except for push notifs if you need them), but on small screens like my phone tapatalk is much more comfortable (snappier, bigger buttons, clearer UI).

Figured as much.

Thought the push notifications would be a nice feature to have even if I continued to use the forum the old fashioned way via browser, only to find out that the iPad version of Tapatalk doesn't even support push notifications yet. Glad I decided to try the not-so-legal version first instead of buying the app for 4,5 euros. :ph34r:

Figured as much.

Thought the push notifications would be a nice feature to have even if I continued to use the forum the old fashioned way via browser, only to find out that the iPad version of Tapatalk doesn't even support push notifications yet. Glad I decided to try the not-so-legal version first instead of buying the app for 4,5 euros. :ph34r:

Are there people left who buy apps? :blink: I must get my hands on one and study it.

I assume the 99USD is to submit to the app store?

Not sure, but it is one time payment.

Just realized it has a big downside - it doesn't show notifications (likes, quotes, mentions). Can't it somehow be activated in ACP? Or have I maybe missed smth?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2