Top Posters In This Topic

Its all a matter of confidence. In 2009/10 our last six league games were:

Man United (away)

Bolton (home)

Spurs (away)

Stoke (home)

Liverpool (away)

Wigan (home)

I would usually say that only the Wigan and Bolton games there are certain 3 points. I would not expect us to beat Man U, Liverpool or Spurs away and Stoke are always a difficult team to beat. But with a few good results and confidence and belief in the team they can beat anyone. We won at Old Trafford (Man U fans point out Drogba's offside but always fail to mention Macheda's 30 hand balls in the build up to their goal), beat Bolton in midweek after playing an Aston Villa team which was very strong back then in an FA Cup semi final, lost to Spurs but then smashed 7 past Stoke and won 2-1 at Anfield. Then we smashed 8 past Wigan in a title decider that could have been very nerve-racking. (Although lets be honest they did play most of the game with 10 men and gave up after 2-0) As long as we have a few good results in the lead up to our last few games I am confident we will do well

Agree L, confidence is paramount (still got an old Shoot annual with an article called The Importance of Confidence, by Peter Osgood) :blink: and we will obviously miss Drogba.

If we dont have a bad run, then the chances are we'll still be with RDM come April (though theres no guarantee of anything with the Buck and Gourlay Show ) -the players respect and will play for him, so a repeat of 2009/10 is definitely possible

Sat Apr 13 Tottenham Hotspur H- could be tough

Sat Apr 20 Liverpool A- Easy

Sat Apr 27 Swansea City H- Easy

Sat May 4 Manchester United A- tough

Sun May 12 Aston Villa A- Easy

Sun May 19 Everton H- could be tough

That's my appraisal of it. Of course, who knows, Spurs could be rubbish by then and Villa could have recovered from 2011/12 to turn out to be a decent team.

Sat Apr 13 Tottenham Hotspur H- could be tough

Sat Apr 20 Liverpool A- Easy

Sat Apr 27 Swansea City H- Easy

Sat May 4 Manchester United A- tough

Sun May 12 Aston Villa A- Easy

Sun May 19 Everton H- could be tough

That's my appraisal of it. Of course, who knows, Spurs could be rubbish by then and Villa could have recovered from 2011/12 to turn out to be a decent team.

The Scum (Livershit) are never easy. They are a mediocre side filled with trash but they are our bogey team and always get up for the big games. Untill we beat them consistently it will never be easy. Having said that we should beat them with the vast difference in quality in the two sides.

The Scum (Livershit) are never easy. They are a mediocre side filled with trash but they are our bogey team and always get up for the big games. Untill we beat them consistently it will never be easy. Having said that we should beat them with the vast difference in quality in the two sides.

yeah, spot on. i think the last time we beat them in the league was in 2009-2010 - that game practically won us the league.

and gerrard was a sweetheart for passing the ball to drogba for the first goal. :wub:

Let's hope we're at least in there with a shot and battling for 1st not 4th. Last season was awful league wise, that cannot happen again. Make sure you don't get banned for writing 1/6 of the fixture list lol.

It's a tough run in though, not sure how it compares with the rest.