I dont see Huntelaar as a big upgrade on Torres or Sturridge.

Chelsea should just pay 20-25 million and try to get Lewandowski. He seems to have the skill set that would fit into our tactics.

He's got good hold up play, he knows how to get his teammates into the game, he seems to be fairly good at finishing and decent pace.

A statue would be a better threat in the penalty area than Torres would be. Huntelaar is absolute class, I've got no idea why people dismiss that on the basis that he flopped in Serie A.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A statue would be a better threat in the penalty area than Torres would be. Huntelaar is absolute class, I've got no idea why people dismiss that on the basis that he flopped in Serie A.

... And in the La Liga. Huntelaar's an excellent finisher I'll give him that - but on the ball he's a slightly better Torres. His link up play is quite poor. Would you be happy to see Huntelaar as our main striker when the likes of Cavani and Falcao are quite attainable? Huntelaar's 29. He wouldn't come here as a back up striker either. Hence why there's no need in us to sign him.

I'd rather take Llorente who's contract is expiring and i wouldn't be against Walcott as a ST - his pace would stretch teams giving more space to players behind him.

However at the very least we need a goal threat and Huntelaar would provide that.

Seeing our recent peformances im afraid falcao wont come as easily as early in the season.

Huntelaar is very good in the box, better than what we have, he scored 40+ goals last season and is available for just six million? Why not?

... And in the La Liga. Huntelaar's an excellent finisher I'll give him that - but on the ball he's a slightly better Torres. His link up play is quite poor. Would you be happy to see Huntelaar as our main striker when the likes of Cavani and Falcao are quite attainable? Huntelaar's 29. He wouldn't come here as a back up striker either. Hence why there's no need in us to sign him.

attainable? in january? why would you be sure about that?

If we cant get either of Cavani and Falcao, Huntelaar is a good option. In the summer we could go for one of the two.

attainable? in january? why would you be sure about that?

If we cant get either of Cavani and Falcao, Huntelaar is a good option. In the summer we could go for one of the two.

Not attainable in January obviously... Do you really think Huntelaar would like to come in January only to be shoved aside in the summer? I don't think so.

He's better than Torres, plus:

Seeing our recent peformances im afraid falcao wont come as easily as early in the season.

Huntelaar is very good in the box, better than what we have, he scored 40+ goals last season and is available for just six million? Why not?

Why on earth would Cavani come from the Serie A title challenges, or Falcao come from where Atleti are having a fantastic season themselves?

I think Torres and Sturridge are good enough to give us a top four finish.

YOLO

Seriously. 2 strikers is nowhere near enough throughout the season. look at the firepower City and United have. i mean, we get stuck in a game, we don't have an option to throw on. no target man, no one to run the channels. no one to f******g finish ffs.

We need a striker and soon

YOLO

Seriously. 2 strikers is nowhere near enough throughout the season. look at the firepower City and United have. i mean, we get stuck in a game, we don't have an option to throw on. no target man, no one to run the channels. no one to f******g finish ffs.

We need a striker and soon

Notice I did say for a top four finish, not a title challenge!

He's better than Torres, plus:

Why on earth would Cavani come from the Serie A title challenges, or Falcao come from where Atleti are having a fantastic season themselves?

My point is that I don't see Huntelaar as a stop gap striker because 1. We'd have to offload him in the summer if we get a Falcao or a Cavani in the summer and 2. He's not going to be satisfied being 2nd choice striker.

Short term wise he'd be an okay solution but I'm looking long term. I still think Torres and Sturridge are just about enough to get us through this season which will allow us to build a proper strike force in the summer.

I really don't think either Falcao or Cavani are likely options any more. We are a circus with the manager situation and they are both in good situations with Napoli and Atletico. Huntelaar would be a good option I think, thought if I'm honest I think we need to bring in more than one striker as soon as we can.

From all the reports in the media it seems Huntelaar himself is developing an interest in a move to Arsenal,he knows he could become top-dog there...but then again Hazard could have moved to any club in the world,but he chose us over everyone else...

as a lot of you have said he is not going to come here to be the main man for years to come he is pretty clinical in front of goal inside the 18yd box as well as just outside of it...

for 6-8m why not? if there is one thing he has is movement anytime around the box always seems to find himself in little pockets of space...

speaking on his time at Milan and Madrid firstly madrid.. was playing in a team that had club and and country legend raul as well as in form higuian not going to play over established la liga scorers and at milan he barely played as cf/st he played a more wide forward/winger when he did play upfront out and out scored in bundles..

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You