Chelsea are chasing Klaas Jan Huntelaar who has a £17m buy out clause at Schalke. (Daily Star Sunday) #CFC

I think £17m for the top scorer of the Bundesliga is great but I can't see him wanting to play second fiddle to Torres.

He's had a disappointing Euros mainly because the Dutch coach likes to start RVP.

This is a purchase that I'm not to sure on, it has its positives and negatives.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never considered him one of the best strikers in Euorpe. He's good when he plays for teams like Ajax or Schalke (no disrespect), but when it comes to Real Madrid or AC Milan...

He's also old.

We need something else.

He will be 29 this year already and worth remembering that he didn't exactly shine in his time in Madrid and Milan.

He is very much wired like Torres and others that struggles when he is not clear #1 for their team. Some players falters in the face of competiton, while others excel.

Anyway he is a fantastic striker and arguably the most underrated in Europe.

He is very much wired like Torres and others that struggles when he is not clear #1 for their team. Some players falters in the face of competiton, while others excel.

Anyway he is a fantastic striker and arguably the most underrated in Europe.

Regardless, it's not the type of striker we should be going for. A big, tall and physical striker similar to Drogba is what we should be getting, if we are to get a new striker this summer.

Gomez as in Mario Gomez?! Oh dear.

I was joking regarding his availability but he is by far and away and without a shadow of doubt the worst striker in the known universe.

I don't care that he put 25 goals in the Bundesliga agaisnt former East German mining outposts; my 87 year old grandfather had his leg amputated in 1981 and I'd take him over Gomez any day in any situation where there is even the slightest of pressure.

I was joking regarding his availability but he is by far and away and without a shadow of doubt the worst striker in the known universe.

I don't care that he put 25 goals in the Bundesliga agaisnt former East German mining outposts; my 87 year old grandfather had his leg amputated in 1981 and I'd take him over Gomez any day in any situation where there is even the slightest of pressure.

facepalm.gif

He also scored 12 goals in the CL, also there is slight difference between Bundesliga and PL.

The nonsense on this forum is ridiculous at times.

Worst striker? Harsh. World class striker? No. Average striker? Yes.

And remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8313296/Chelsea-had-bid-for-Mario-Gomez-turned-down-by-Bayern-Munich-before-Fernando-Torres-move-from-Liverpool.html

I am sure your grandfather is great main striker but could you explain little more why is Gomez so worse than him? :D

Do not take it bad, but talking about Gomez as worst striker in world is "little wierd".

btw 3 goals form 3 shots at EURO 2012

:fainthv9:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You