• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be great backup striker, but not first choice one, not even for half of season (maybe Im wrong). Anyway we should sign Cavani/Falcao/Lewandowski and this guy as backup.

He is experienced, would play enough games, great backup-Berbatov esque.

I guess we would need to sell Torres and maybe even Studge, and In couple of years Lukaku would replace Huntelaar and play along Cavani/Falcao. Would be amazing.

The main reason why i want him is he is a real Poacher! No Torres bullshit going out on the wings and wanting to play! This guy stays in the Box and if he gets a chance its a goal, simple as.

Think what we need is a striker who can involve himself in buildup play and also convert the chances. Huntelaar is just a goal poacher. We need a more all-round striker.

To all who mentions Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski and so on, Of course they are better Strikers but its January! The prices will be sky high and we have to think about the fifa financial fair play rules!

Think what we need is a striker who can involve himself in buildup play and also convert the chances. Huntelaar is just a goal poacher. We need a more all-round striker.

I think Mazacar is enough in our Buildup play, we saw that against Liverpool. We need a Box player who finishes every chance he gets.

To all who mentions Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski and so on, Of course they are better Strikers but its January! The prices will be sky high and we have to think about the fifa financial fair play rules!

I think Mazacar is enough in our Buildup play, we saw that against Liverpool. We need a Box player who finishes every chance he gets.

No point having the trio if the striker is just so static and not offering any sort of movement upfront. Much better to have a fluid frontline and that includes the striker.

No point having the trio if the striker is just so static and not offering any sort of movement upfront. Much better to have a fluid frontline and that includes the striker.

No. We need a striker who finishes. We've tried this 'movement' bullshit with Torres. Just get someone who puts the ball in the net. End of story. If Huntelaar can do that, bring him regardless of if we get another Striker.

No. We need a striker who finishes. We've tried this 'movement' bullshit with Torres. Just get someone who puts the ball in the net. End of story. If Huntelaar can do that, bring him regardless of if we get another Striker.

True but Huntelaar actually has decent movement to get away from a defender in around the box to pop a shot off. Plus he scores overhead kicks for fun, sign him up... hahaha

He looks like a fly because of his eyes. I'm not sure which fly, but he really does.

Infact he looks like various animals. If anyone can post an animal which looks like him you're getting repped.

Also for those who believe Hunterlaar doesn't move I have been watching some of his goals from last season on youtube. A lot of the headed goals he scored involve good movement to get an extra yard or two on his defender and he actually attacks the ball unlike all of our strikers. Also when hes in the middle of the box at the penalty spot and the ball is centered low he gets across his marker to get a foot on it. Also I think another aerial threat would be usual too supposing all our defenders are the threats not our strikers. Huntelaar is a big lad and scores a fair share of headers as well as a combination of tap ins/long shots, so maybe he wouldn't be as bad an option. Only problem is the majority of his passes go backwards when he picks the ball up outside the box usually slowing down the build up play. He'd still be a good option to have though. Experienced, in his peak, natural goal scorer and would relish a chance at a bigger club now that he seems to be past his injury problems and playing well. He has 7 goals in 15 games so far this season too (all competitions) For 6-7 million hes worth a punt.

I'd rather wait till the summer and sign someone long term.

We need somebody in Jan - we need to guarantee a TOP 4 finish - nobody is saying we shouldn't sign somebody in Summer - just we need MORE firepower to see THIS season out...

For under 10 million he'll be great - like the Anelka signing...

We need somebody in Jan - we need to guarantee a TOP 4 finish - nobody is saying we shouldn't sign somebody in Summer - just we need MORE firepower to see THIS season out...

For under 10 million he'll be great - like the Anelka signing...

I think Torres and Sturridge are good enough to give us a top four finish.

He was simply amazing for Ajax.

Both Real Madrid and AC Milan saw something in him.

It's become almost a shock if he doesn't score in a game for Schalke.

That sounds decent in my opinion.

Also, Louis van Gaal is quoted as once saying - "in the penalty area, he is the best player in the world, bar none."

He's never even played under van Gaal apart from with Holland, and to receive such a compliment from a manager of his pedigree is a big deal.

Huntelaar would be such a step backwards simply because outside of the box he is so useless.

People want us to sign any striker in good form because of what's happening regarding our strike force but we've got to look on the grand scheme of things. It's okay if we don't win the title this season - there's no reason to panic buy a striker in January. It hinders our chance to build a proper strike force in the summer.

At CFC we require more than just a finisher up front. Huntelaar's a poor man's Falcao. We are not poor men. People will always say "anything better than Torres and Sturridge will do" but that view is way too short term in my opinion.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You