Celtic or Rangers?

Shogun

Who do you prefer(if either)? and why?

What is bad about the other team?

P.S. I know history will show that Chelsea fans will favour Rangers in general anyway but I'd be happy to know some 'neutral' views. Thread has only been made just so I can eduacate myself a little bit on the clubs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are both pretty terrible if you ask me. Life would be much better without them. They give idiots another excuse to hate eachother and it makes things easier by having some wear green and the others wear blue.

I always preferred Rangers because they were blue but i liked them more after knowing about the Chelsea - Rangers relationship. I never liked Celtic because of them being catholic, i always thought i'd have to be catholic to support them lol and because they have a special relationship with QPR and Liverpool, especially Liverpool and sing YNWA bullshit.

they have a special relationship with QPR and Liverpool, especially Liverpool and sing YNWA bullshit.

Is that so? Fuck em then. In that case I must come out of neutrality and declare Rangers as my preferred choice.

I always preferred Rangers because they were blue but i liked them more after knowing about the Chelsea - Rangers relationship. I never liked Celtic because of them being catholic, i always thought i'd have to be catholic to support them lol and because they have a special relationship with QPR and Liverpool, especially Liverpool and sing YNWA bullshit.

Celtic actually have a relationship with Everton not Liverpool. Both were Catholic clubs originally and Rangers and Liverpool were paired together for both being protestant clubs. you always used to see half Everton and Celtic hats years ago. Celtic were the originals to sing YNWA I believe, the fact Livepool sing it is not related.

We actually have a song which features the lyrics "to hell with Liverpool and Rangers, throw them all in the Mersey..." so yeah we have the relationship with Celtic not Rangers, though it's not a strong relationship anymore.

I always noticed a Celtic - Liverpool friendship because i saw em play and both sung YNWA together with their scarves held up high. And the Kenny Dalglish factor too and in 1989 Celtic organised a benefit match to raise funds for the families affected by the Hillsborough disaster. I've always known Liverpool and Celtic to have a strong relationship so hearing they have a good relationship with Everton surprises me a bit, i do remember a Celtic - Everton friendly a few years back tho. Also there's a QPR - Celtic relationship, catholic based and stripes whatever. I don't know how it all came about, just heard bits about it.

Something on here http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Liverpool+FC

I always noticed a Celtic - Liverpool friendship because i saw em play and both sung YNWA together with their scarves held up high. And the Kenny Dalglish factor too and in 1989 Celtic organised a benefit match to raise funds for the families affected by the Hillsborough disaster. I've always known Liverpool and Celtic to have a strong relationship so hearing they have a good relationship with Everton surprises me a bit, i do remember a Celtic - Everton friendly a few years back tho. Also there's a QPR - Celtic relationship, catholic based and stripes whatever. I don't know how it all came about, just heard bits about it.

Something on here http://www.theceltic...ge/Liverpool FC

I know you can't go off one thread on one forum but I think this sums it up http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121359

What do they mean by Hun and why are we called so?

As in Atilla the Hun and his people. The Huns were an Asiatic people from the Steppes in Russia. They invaded Europe and left a trail of destruction, rape and death in their path, essentially the Mongols and Timurids of the Middle/Dark Ages. In their minds they [Celtic] are the saviours of everything right and noble and stand against the evil Huns that only wish to destroy.

That is why cunts like James Connolly say that we are destroying football and they [Celtic] are the protectors of the sport. Cannons of the Holy Sepulchre, they seem to think of themselves.

I've nothing against Celtic supportes, except those with militant beliefs.

As in Atilla the Hun and his people. The Huns were an Asiatic people from the Steppes in Russia. They invaded Europe and left a trail of destruction, rape and death in their path, essentially the Mongols and Timurids of the Middle/Dark Ages. In their minds they [Celtic] are the saviours of everything right and noble and stand against the evil Huns that only wish to destroy.

That is why cunts like James Connolly say that we are destroying football and they [Celtic] are the protectors of the sport. Cannons of the Holy Sepulchre, they seem to think of themselves.

I've nothing against Celtic supportes, except those with militant beliefs.

I am aware of the Hunnic conquest of Eastern Europe and the usage of the word to describe Germans in WW1 but I didn't know how they interpreted it to describe any team that plays in blue. They really think they're some kind of crusaders?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The term huns toward Rangers and their fans started when a newspaper in Glasgow described Rangers and their fans as barbaric huns. It got picked up from there. Rangers fans retaliate by calling them Fenian bastards.