Bastian Schweinsteiger

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what are people going into the fact that he is old. Because he is old, the price is as low as 10m apparently.

And by no means he is bad player. Only thing that is problem are his injuries. But he would make a perfect backup.

Slow, immobile, more often than not injured. Just sign a third top-class CM instead, goddamn. Fabregas and Matic could do with some rotation and the team wouldn't suffer from any drop in quality, too.

I don't want Mr. FC Bayern Munich here. Apart from his injury record, his abilites have really regressed.
Please take a look at his style of play against Barcelona. From my point of view he looked passed it, he couldn't create anything
and wasn't able to cope with the speed anymore. Moreover his decision making was abysmal;
before the last goal from neymar why did such an experienced and decorated player run the risk of a counter attack and throw in such an imprecise crossing?
After the mistake has happened, he was dispossessed by Messi and the disaster took its course...
Schweinsteiger has lost his stamina and thats a pretty bad thing for the Premier-League, where the speed is still high.

I agree that Chelsea desperately needs another engine in midfield, but i prefer a player who hasn't hit his peak yet.
Of course these players are quite expensive (Koke/Verratti/Pogba/Kondogbia). Maybe Jose gives Loftus-Cheek a fair chance next season.
No matter what happens, i trust Jose!

I never got why this fairly average player always gets so much praise outside Germany. He has always been a passenger with the world cup final being the exception. He started as a winger but when people realised he was far too slow and technically weak to play there they put him in the middle to play As a number 10. But soon it became evident that he could not score or assist to save his life, so they put him into DM but his defensive statistics were just as bad. So they turned him into a sort of defensive no 8 with 0 creativity and almost no output. By far his best position. Emphasises his few strengths (Strategic mind, good reaction, immense work rate and stamina, leadership, OK technique and passing) and covers up his weaknesses (physically weak, slow AF, ineffective in attack, weak tackling, no leap, immobile, ponderous). Also he is also injury prone and always out of form.

Don't get me wrong. Personally I like him. He is a decent bloke. A silent leader. Matured from a choker to a winner just in time to make the game of his life in the WC final by surpassing his own narrow limitations. Now at 30 he is considered past his best already and should not be more than a squad player for any top club. And rightly so. He always considered himself to be a poor man's Lampard cos he always tried to emulate his style but never got it right. At close to 31 he will start next season on the bench playing his usual bit part role he has played for 10 years in a rapidly declining Bayern team. At 31 in 2009/10, Lamps started 58 matches for club&country, scoring 36 goals and assisting 24.

Fabregas has not managed to succeed him here, so Schweinsteiger would not even a new Ballack. As a squad player he would have been an option because of his tactical abilities, work rate and experience but IMO RLC can easily be better than Schweinsteiger ever was if only he works half as hard as basti did.

I never got why this fairly average player always gets so much praise outside Germany. He has always been a passenger with the world cup final being the exception. He started as a winger but when people realised he was far too slow and technically weak to play there they put him in the middle to play As a number 10. But soon it became evident that he could not score or assist to save his life, so they put him into DM but his defensive statistics were just as bad. So they turned him into a sort of defensive no 8 with 0 creativity and almost no output. By far his best position. Emphasises his few strengths (Strategic mind, good reaction, immense work rate and stamina, leadership, OK technique and passing) and covers up his weaknesses (physically weak, slow AF, ineffective in attack, weak tackling, no leap, immobile, ponderous). Also he is also injury prone and always out of form.

Don't get me wrong. Personally I like him. He is a decent bloke. A silent leader. Matured from a choker to a winner just in time to make the game of his life in the WC final by surpassing his own narrow limitations. Now at 30 he is considered past his best already and should not be more than a squad player for any top club. And rightly so. He always considered himself to be a poor man's Lampard cos he always tried to emulate his style but never got it right. At close to 31 he will start next season on the bench playing his usual bit part role he has played for 10 years in a rapidly declining Bayern team. At 31 in 2009/10, Lamps started 58 matches for club&country, scoring 36 goals and assisting 24.

Fabregas has not managed to succeed him here, so Schweinsteiger would not even a new Ballack. As a squad player he would have been an option because of his tactical abilities, work rate and experience but IMO RLC can easily be better than Schweinsteiger ever was if only he works half as hard as basti did.

Surprised by your opinion tbh. Till this season he was surely among top 5 midfielders of past few years. Only thing he lacked was that he was chocker but replaced that with winning mentality since 2012 cl final. He played great in Cl 2013 final and WC 2014 final.

If we had him as backup I think it would be huge adition to squad. If he can stay injury free offcourse.

His injury record over the last couple of years is a big worry because there is no doubt it has contributed to a decline in his productivity recently. We saw how big a problem that was with Torres and it could so easily have ended up costing us this season with Costa. I can understand the thought process behind buying him or Toure (experience in Europe, short term so not to stunt RLC's development) but I would prefer to see someone much more athletic alongside Matic next season in the big games. Thinking Essien in his prime, or Ramires with a football brain.

• 3 weeks later...

There will be talks between Schweinsteiger and club representatives about his future. He said nothing is certain and summer just started.

I seriously wouldnt mind him in role that we wanted Tiago last year. Backup for Cesc or maybe even a starter in certain games.

Cheap, experienced, character, wouldnt complain. And our bench realy needs few more quality players.

There will be talks between Schweinsteiger and club representatives about his future. He said nothing is certain and summer just started.

I seriously wouldnt mind him in role that we wanted Tiago last year. Backup for Cesc or maybe even a starter in certain games.

Cheap, experienced, character, wouldnt complain. And our bench realy needs few more quality players.

Wish the club had been able to sign Tiago.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You