Bastian Schweinsteiger

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that this Schweini rumour is a planted decoy to set more cover on our real targets. The fact that Roman visited him so publicly adds weight to that theory... or maybe I'm just overthinking :blush:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Actually I would not want him here. He is totally overrated, has only played one decent season ever in his entire career. He was only voted player of the year in Germany because the magazin that organized the vote sent 80% of the voting cards to the wrong addresses so only a fracture of the representative number of journalists actually voted. I know many of you reside in Schweinsteiger's rectum and only leave it to lick his feet, but as a long-time follower of his performances i can say he is so damn inconsistent, always injured and usually lets his team down big time. Though one has to admit, that his experience, positional sense, reading of the game, tactical skills and general footballing ability are above average you have to know he was a winger at first but he proved technically too bad and too slow for that position. He is not only damn slow, much slower than Mikel for instance.

Also no one really knows what he actually is, for a B2B midfielder he is extremely useless in front of goal (the goals he has scored in his entire career are about as many as Lamps scores in an average season), for a DLP he has too few key-passes, for a DM his tackling is shit. I am not saying he would not improve this team as we do not have one proper player for the DP, but he only would do so because he is a good footballer at the peak of his powers, but there is no way he is the worldclass man everyone outside Germany thinks he is. How much would he cost hypothetically 30m? 40m? He is worth half of that at best...

As long as the weather is nice and everything goes well for his team he will always be in the middle of the party, but as soon as it gets dirty he will be either the first to disappear or the one to ultimately fuck it up so no wonder his only decent season was one his team had no struggles at all and never got near a problem just because luckily the oppositions where coincidentially sabotaging themselves. When they lost in 2012 to us, as soon as he faced Lampard of course he was the one to only role the ball to Robben 20 times for the Dutch to shoot over instead of taking responsibility himself. Of course it was him who missed the crucial penalty. Of course it was him getting fucked a 2nd bumhole by Daniele de Rossi a month later when Germany exited the Euro. Just as I wrote in the Khedira thread, there a good players and there are great players....

He is fuckin 29 and at his peak, but however you look at it, whether he is a DM, DLP or B2B mid, there are a host of players better than him at any of those positions currently. Some people even think he as a player overall is in the Lampard, Matthäus bracket. Actually he is not even in the Gerrard, Ballack bracket. He might be in the upper half of the Torsten Frings, Michael Carrick bracket but only when you are really kind to him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You