Bastian Schweinsteiger

Apparently Roman A. visited the German camp to talk to Bastian.

"Roman Abramovich paid us a visit and had a talk with Bastian," Joachim Low told Hamburger Abendblatt.

"They were having a laugh with each other, and Bastian congratulated him with the Champions League win. I don't think there's anything behind the meeting."

The Chelsea owner also watched Russia's 1-1 draw against Poland on Tuesday, and Schweinsteiger insisted that they had not discuss a potential transfer.

"I was surprised to see him and wondered why he was here. I've congratulated him and we had a brief chat. No, he didn't make me an offer," smiled the midfielder.

Offtopic: Didn't want to create a new thread just for this, but the other Schweinsteiger thread has been archived? In any case feel free to move this there..

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when he started playing for Bayern...I noticed him then and said he was going to become a class player. I really like him and he would be a brilliant player for our midfield...

As for the chat I don't know...why didn't Roman stop by to have a chat with Gomez and Lahm also ? :blink:

I fully believe with our current squad and the signing of Schweinsteiger, we'd be a top 2 club in the PL next season. The dude has been with BM since he was 13-14 years old though. The only more unlikely transfer in the world would be Messi.

Yeah, a fantasy transfer. But still if somehow Roman manage to pull this off, I will dance like a happy chinaman for months. Solves our deep lying playmaker "Problem"

And my favorite German player as well. Would be first choice if we are to sign a German player, with Gotze coming second, followed by ozil and hummels

Maybe not quite as unrealistic as some would think. There were strong rumours he was considering his future at Bayern after the 2010 World Cup. He decided to sign a new contract in the end, but he might decide at this stage in his career to try something new.

I personally don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't rate it as impossible like Messi or Ronaldo. Apparently he is a huge fan of the premier league and has a lot of respect for Chelsea, and massive respect in particular for Frank Lampard (rates him as his greatest midfield opponent on a football pitch). I know Frank is in the twilight of his career but those two in midfield would be fucking immense.

The guy is a class act and IMO the best central midfielder in world football. He can do everything!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You