Bastian Schweinsteiger

Not trying to sound harsh or such but I have no idea why it is even being discussed. It's almost as if trying to get Messi to join. Schweinsteiger is one of those stay in one club for life players.

Have you read this thread? Nearly everyone that has posted in it, has said it will not happen.

Besides, without looking through Bayern tinted glasses I can see him moving away from the club in the future, maybe not to Chelsea, but somewhere. He has contract trouble and he has expressed his admiration for England in the past. Hell, when he is 35 he might join New York Red Bulls or Cosmos (whoever they are), much like Beckenbauer.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read this thread? Nearly everyone that has posted in it, has said it will not happen.

Besides, without looking through Bayern tinted glasses I can see him moving away from the club in the future, maybe not to Chelsea, but somewhere. He has contract trouble and he has expressed his admiration for England in the past. Hell, when he is 35 he might join New York Red Bulls or Cosmos (whoever they are), much like Beckenbauer.

My bad, I worded it poorly. I meant a thread on it.

Schweinsteiger said once that he wants to retire with Bayern. And also Ribery had huge contract troubles, and he's now one of the most loyal Bayern players. I just can't see it happening unless he pulls a Beckenbaur/Beckham :D

My bad, I worded it poorly. I meant a thread on it.

Schweinsteiger said once that he wants to retire with Bayern. And also Ribery had huge contract troubles, and he's now one of the most loyal Bayern players. I just can't see it happening unless he pulls a Beckenbaur/Beckham :D

Michael Ballack wanted to retire at Chelsea and we all know how the brass handled that...I miss Ballack. Ribery is happy because he is one of the highest paid footballers in the world, he is loyal to the gold lining his pocket. I seem to recall him trying to engineer a move to Chelsea last season, but Bayern had none of it.

Michael Ballack wanted to retire at Chelsea and we all know how the brass handled that...I miss Ballack. Ribery is happy because he is one of the highest paid footballers in the world, he is loyal to the gold lining his pocket. I seem to recall him trying to engineer a move to Chelsea last season, but Bayern had none of it.

IIRC, the high wages was just a way to get him to stay at Bayern, due to the way Louis van Gaal treated him. Schweinsteiger wasn't even in his prime when his contract extension was taking place. Bayern aren't one to sell their stars.

IIRC, the high wages was just a way to get him to stay at Bayern, due to the way Louis van Gaal treated him. Schweinsteiger wasn't even in his prime when his contract extension was taking place. Bayern aren't one to sell their stars.

Van Gaal was fired and Heynckes replaced him, so if he was loyal he should not have needed a substantial pay increase. Loyalty can be bought, the fact that increased pay was needed for him to stay contradicts the whole concept.

Van Gaal was fired and Heynckes replaced him, so if he was loyal he should not have needed a substantial pay increase. Loyalty can be bought, the fact that increased pay was needed for him to stay contradicts the whole concept.

My point is, during the Van Gaal era of Bayern, Ribery and Van Gaal had their differences and would often argue with eachother. Many players left the club because of the way they were treated. When Heynkes came, it was almost like a renaissance for Bayern. He treated the players well and such.

My point is, during the Van Gaal era of Bayern, Ribery and Van Gaal had their differences and would often argue with eachother. Many players left the club because of the way they were treated. When Heynkes came, it was almost like a renaissance for Bayern. He treated the players well and such.

My point is, that Ribery should not have needed a substantial pay increase after Van Gaal was fired. If he was truly loyal he should have been happy with a change of management. But as you said "IIRC, the high wages was just a way to get him to stay at Bayern, due to the way Louis van Gaal treated him." Unless of course the pay increase came during van Gaal's tenure.

There is a reason Ribery has played for seven clubs in twelve years.

And he was happy with a change of management. All he did when Heynkes first arrived was constantly praise him. And yes the payment increase came during Van Gaals era. And to be fair, most of the clubs he played for were in his youth career, he's only played for 3 clubs in his major career.

I agree with you spike, but unfortunately this comment could easily be copied and slightly amended to be used for John Terry. If Chelsea didn't pay him the earth, he would have gone to Man City. Yes I know he loves the club, but IMO the money Man City were waving in his face outweighed the loyalty.

What irked me about that whole situation was that he kept quiet and wouldn't comment, and then when the contract was signed he said it was never in doubt he wouldn't leave Chelsea. If that was the case why didn't he come out in public and say he didn't want to leave Chelsea and was currently in contract discussions to extend.

I love John but that situation did leave a bitter taste for me.

He [Ribéry] played for three clubs in his youth career them being: Conti Boulogne, Lille and US Bologne.

He has played for seven clubs in his professional career: US Boulogne, Alés, Stade Bretois, Metz, Galatasaray, Marseille and Bayern Munich.

I don't where this '3 clubs in his major career' nonsense comes from.

Michael Ballack wanted to retire at Chelsea and we all know how the brass handled that...I miss Ballack.

Really? I thank the gods we let that over paid, over hyped, pace or a cart horse with a turning circle of a super tanker leave when we did. Made us so pedestrian / one paced in midfield and formed part of the player power committee who regularly undermined managers.

Having said that I wish him well, fantastic player in his prime.

Really? I thank the gods we let that over paid, over hyped, pace or a cart horse with a turning circle of a super tanker leave when we did. Made us so pedestrian / one paced in midfield and formed part of the player power committee who regularly undermined managers.

Having said that I wish him well, fantastic player in his prime.

You do realise when he contract was running out he was very willing to take a pay cut? I believe a new contract (with decreased pay) was on the cards but Cunt-Boateng broke Ballack's leg.

http://www.clubcall.com/chelsea/ballack-facing-pay-cut-1068673.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10032010/58/premier-league-paper-round-pay-cut-ballack.html

I miss Ballack.

Who?

The first one is the joker that showed the Persians the positional weakness of the Greek Armies at the Battle of Thermopylae (think of that hunchback from the film 300). And the second is just the direct translation of Joseph Stalin's Russian name. In case you didn't know Stalin 'purged' alot of his 'friends'.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You