Bastian Schweinsteiger

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is the Schweini we all loved was an energetic box to box player but that player player has been missing for a couple of seasons now. Van Gaal is going to use him in the 'Carrick Role' and that should worry United fans because he hasn't adjusted well to this position in the last two years.

Not to mention he is coming to a much more physical league as well, a league where he won't get the time off during Christmas that he was so used to in Bundesliga. You talk about the World Cup but I say just look at the previous season where he has been poor. He has had a lot of injuries in the past 2 years and that's not going to help either.

Maybe Van Gaal's knowledge of Schweini will eventually end up with him rotating the German and Carrick throughout the season sort of like how Fergie treated Giggs and Scholes when they were losing their legs. Maybe the enthusiasm for the new challenge will be good for him but I don't think he will be 'the one' who can take United a step above.

If this signing means United won't be buying Schneiderlin then they've made a huge mistake. Schnederlin at the moment is at the very least superior to Schweini.

To sum it up, this would have been a dream move a few years ago but not now. Bayern would have never sold him if he was still that all-around beast.

the excuses people are putting in is just laughable.

bastian is a world class player. period.

he might have had some injuries for the last 2 seasons but doubting "how good he can be in prem" is a joke. the guy is a beast. this is a brilliant short term signing for united.

Excuses? Most of the reasons are valid, he is at a similar stage of his career Deco was when he signed for us and I personally think his United career will run a similar route, he will turn it on some games but as a regular top week in week out player i think he's done.

they also said the same about ballack when he moved to chelsea at 30 or makelele.

and i see bastian more as a ballack mode than deco mode.

Ballack was brilliant at the second half of 07/08 and at the run in to the double but overall he was a shadow of prime Ballack at Bayern.

Ballack was brilliant at the second half of 07/08 and at the run in to the double but overall he was a shadow of prime Ballack at Bayern.

Obviously...if he was at his prime they wouldn't let him go, see Ribery.

herrera can very well control a game. mata might not be as good as he was with us in 11-13, but this is the exact signing which can make him a huge threat again.

i have been hearing this since 2010, yet every year rooney gets the goals and assists. in the last 4 season (11-15) he has got 83 goals, playing as a CAM, striker, midfielder and what not.

He only has played in midfield at times last season, a bit like Bastian I think Rooney us finished as a consistent top level player but can still turn it on some times, I actually think a top class striker is a huge priority for United.

Re his goals, Lamps got 54 goals in his last four seasons at Chelsea, that would suggest he was still in or around his prime, but we all know he wasn't

Pretty funny to crown United title challengers because of this signing yet completely dismiss Arsenal despite them having 3 better injury prone midfielders than Schweinsteiger.

Arsenal have a massive chink in their armour and that's Wenger, whenever they hit a patchy spell he loses the plot and it always gets worse (damaging title hopes significantly) before it gets better.

If they had a top manager in touch with the modern game they would be a real threat.

He only has played in midfield at times last season, a bit like Bastian I think Rooney us finished as a consistent top level player but can still turn it on some times, I actually think a top class striker is a huge priority for United.

Re his goals, Lamps got 54 goals in his last four seasons at Chelsea, that would suggest he was still in or around his prime, but we all know he wasn't

completely different stages of career. and infact completely different scenarios. rooney is a striker being played as a CAM/midfielder. he played 14 games as a midfielder, 4 games as a CAM, 14 games as a ST. his general play is still top notch (2 seasons ago he was jose's primary target).

so i just cant see how people are already ruling him out. a striker needs consistency. infact any striker does. its very unfair to judge rooney on last season as a striker.

thats very very harsh.

i think i have had this discussion before maybe on the forum or somewhere else. ballack was briliant in 09-10 too. infact it was the fact that we could not properly replace ballack after 09-10 that made us suffer so much. the general control of the midfield, those small niggling fouls to stop the play, providing steel and character, always turning up. we missed that. and thats exactly what bastian brings. u have compared him with deco in the previous post which is very unfair. deco had a hard time adjusting to PL. dont think bastian would. infact he is as close to ballack as you can get. and if he reciprocates what ballack did with us, united are in for a treat.

The funny thing about the manc reaction is that it is very similar to when they bought Mata, Falcao and Di Maria...

Fellaini I think most of them didn't want, but the first three they were so excited about and thought they were title contenders than as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You