Bastian Schweinsteiger

it definitely helps mata. the players he will be feeding are not fellaini, young and valencia with a stagnant rvp/falcao upfront. they wont have to go long ball which mata is useless at but rather much better link up play with someone with the quality of bastian.

Mata linking up play with Schweinsteiger?

I gaurantee all you will see is either Schweinsteiger playing a diagonal out to the fullback making a run, or him giving it to Mata who will then play his usual long ball to Felaini.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata linking up play with Schweinsteiger?

I gaurantee all you will see is either Schweinsteiger playing a diagonal out to the fullback making a run, or him giving it to Mata who will then play his usual long ball to Felaini.

hahahha.. sure dude.. i guess lvg and most of the people on here are idiots. awesome. great.

hahahha.. sure dude.. i guess lvg and most of the people on here are idiots. awesome. great.

Mata won't start next season with bastian coming in.

It's common knowledge on even redcafe that both herrara and mata cannot start at the same time, and I'm guessin the former will be the starter as one of the cms on the team.

Also, ashley young was one of lvg best players last season, even though he sucks in general

Herrera can definitely control a game. I remember him bossing our midfield in the first half at home last season.

Think he'll benefit the most from Schweini signing. Even more so if they also get Schneiderlin.

Herrera, Schweinsteiger, and Schneiderlin with the likes of Rooney, Mata, Depay, Di Maria, Young, and Fellaini in attack. Plus a new striker to come.

Won't say I'm jealous, but they'll have everything needed to push us all the way.

you have not seen herrera control the game? i guess you dint watch the chelsea v united at bridge last season. or various other games.

rooney scored 14 goals last season playing as a midfielder. so dont tell me that "he is finished" or " not a danger anymore".

did we have a good striker in 13-14? hell no. did we have players who loved ball on their feet (hazard, oscar, willian), hell yes. did we have problems breaking down defences? hell yes. how close were we to win the league? very. infact a home defeat (which had never happened under jose) "close".

you do know we parked the bus at SB and allowed Man U to have all the possession, that is not controlling a game LOL.

and as for Rooney he is better suited to playing deeper, but as a striker he is much less of threat, only 4 of his goals last season came from playing as a striker.

and to compare Man U with us in 13/14 is laughable, we came close that year solely down to playing defensive football, Man U wont play the same so that comparison makes no sense

Herrera can definitely control a game. I remember him bossing our midfield in the first half at home last season.

Think he'll benefit the most from Schweini signing. Even more so if they also get Schneiderlin.

Herrera, Schweinsteiger, and Schneiderlin with the likes of Rooney, Mata, Depay, Di Maria, Young, and Fellaini in attack. Plus a new striker to come.

Won't say I'm jealous, but they'll have everything needed to push us all the way.

bossing our midfield? we dropped off and allowed them possesion.

Mata won't start next season with bastian coming in.

It's common knowledge on even redcafe that both herrara and mata cannot start at the same time, and I'm guessin the former will be the starter as one of the cms on the team.

Also, ashley young was one of lvg best players last season, even though he sucks in general

lvg is a fan of 4-3-3. if he reverts back to it (which seems more and more likely considering the players they have), i see these being their main 11.

depay-rooney-mata

ADM-carrick-bastian

or

depay-rooney-ADM

herrera-carrick-bastian

or

depay-rooney-mata

herrera-carrick-bastian

a team definitely to be reckoned as a PL contender. if they get a quality CB (ramos/otamendi), they will be right up there.

This would've been a great signing 3 years ago. He's well past his peak now & is incredibly injury prone. Deco was a better signing. United are NOT title contenders.I'm not sure if they're even better than Liverpool.

Schweinsteiger has always been overrated but people are acting like they've just signed Lothar Mattaus in his prime, this is akin to them signing Falcao last season. An aging & wilting World Class talent on his last legs.

Only Arsenal & City will trouble us next season.

you do know we parked the bus at SB and allowed Man U to have all the possession, that is not controlling a game LOL.

and as for Rooney he is better suited to playing deeper, but as a striker he is much less of threat, only 4 of his goals last season came from playing as a striker.

and to compare Man U with us in 13/14 is laughable, we came close that year solely down to playing defensive football, Man U wont play the same so that comparison makes no sense

solely defensive football? so we were playing defensive football when we lost to palace, villa, sunderland, drew at home to norwich. out of 38 games, we must have played 5-6 games relying on our defense (city home and away, pool away, arsenal away, united away). maybe couple others AT MAX. so it does make A LOT OF SENSE, specially when your argument was that united need a world class striker or would find it difficult "to break down teams".

how many games did rooney play as a striker for u to consider that? please give that number too.

we did park the bus, but herrera's quality on the ball was evident in that match. not just my opinion though http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13774-bastian-schweinsteiger/?p=1115895.

This would've been a great signing 3 years ago. He's well past his peak now & is incredibly injury prone. Deco was a better signing. United are NOT title contenders.I'm not sure if they're even better than Liverpool.

Only Arsenal & City will trouble us next season.

I agree, if Man U sign a world class striker then they would become a serious threat.

dont have any idea how you came to that conclusion

since you are so sure of exactly whats gonna happen and even spelled out the exact way its gonna happen, i dont see much of a point.

most of the people on here think its a fantastic buy. which would improve united as a team. except for u, and "oscar" (the poster not the player before people start jumping down my throat).

solely defensive football? so we were playing defensive football when we lost to palace, villa, sunderland, drew at home to norwich. out of 38 games, we must have played 5-6 games relying on our defense (city home and away, pool away, arsenal away, united away). maybe couple others AT MAX. so it does make A LOT OF SENSE, specially when the other posters' argument was that united need a world class striker or would find it difficult "to break down teams".

how many games did rooney play as a striker for u to consider that? please give that number too.

we did park the bus, but herrera's quality on the ball was evident in that match. not just my opinion though http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13774-bastian-schweinsteiger/?p=1115895. also since you were quoting "redcafe" in one of the previous post, go and read what they think of herrera controlling the mid.

yes we came close in 13/14 because of how we defended, whether it was playing defensive against the top teams and playing on the counter, or defending a lead, our defence was the key.

Rooney scored 4 goals in 14 games as a striker, and he isnt getting any better.

and what are you talkiing about 'quoting redcafe'???

yes we came close in 13/14 because of how we defended, whether it was playing defensive against the top teams and playing on the counter, or defending a lead, our defence was the key.

Rooney scored 4 goals in 14 games as a striker, and he isnt getting any better.

and what are you talkiing about 'quoting redcafe'???

rooney scored 4 goals, 3 assists playing as a striker in 14 games with no consistency and probably not even in back to back matches considering how much shuffling united went thru. try that with any another player and see if you get any better numbers. also, dont strikers work on consistency and a golden run.

you do understand that my post was to give you the similarities between teams having "ball players", "not a world class striker" and "finding it difficult to break down teams". things WILL not be exactly the same. but to not count united as a title contender cos they are playing rooney upfront is suicidal. and honestly except for a couple of people, i think most on here agree that united would be a title challenger next season.

sorry, i got you and "oscar" (the poster, not the player before people start jumping down my throat) confused.

Pretty funny to crown United title challengers because of this signing yet completely dismiss Arsenal despite them having 3 better injury prone midfielders than Schweinsteiger.

arsenal have been "title challengers" for the past.. let me guess.. 2,3,4 maybe 5 or 6 years. its the dna of the club.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You