Salomón Rondón

SeB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up next that harms his confidence? Maybe wearing the wrongs socks on Mondays? If Torres can't stand the pressure of having another player at the club who wants to play he can fuck off and become a chess professional instead of playing competitive football. This is Chelsea, not fucking Liverpool where he's the only striker!

Rondon could be an option as our third striker, but I think we'd be better off with someone like Ba (he didn't move to Turkey, did he?).

No hes still at Newcastle. I don't think Robbie will go for him tbh, hes 27 coming 28 with a bad knee. Newcastle took a risk on him, it could horribly backfire on them if he gets injured next season.

your are right, about everyhting harms his confidence, so either sell him or not, buying a rival striker hence is inconsequent. the Club has opted to keep Torres. Period.

Torres won't be able to play 60 games a season, will he?! If Lukaku goes on loan, we'll need to sign another striker! What if Danny or Torres get injured, or both of them? Who will we play then? It's vital to buy another striker. Period.

No hes still at Newcastle. I don't think Robbie will go for him tbh, hes 27 coming 28 with a bad knee. Newcastle took a risk on him, it could horribly backfire on them if he gets injured next season.

I see. I'm running out of options...

Torres won't be able to play 60 games a season, will he?! If Lukaku goes on loan, we'll need to sign another striker! What if Danny or Torres get injured, or both of them? Who will we play then? It's vital to buy another striker. Period.

I see. I'm running out of options...

After seeing Neymar rip it up against Team GB I really wanted to sign him, but hes got some ego and is a prick but still some footballer. Plus he has a decent understanding with Oscar, as does Damiao.

I seriously don't know where all this shit about so and so "harming" Torres' confidence have come from.

Looks like someone just said it, and everyone hopped on the bandwagon.

Players know they have to deal with competition (especially at a club like this). Torres right now has a free path to the first team, bringing someone in to compete with him not only helps the team, but should help Torres himself, as he would be looking to do better and get picked ahead of the new striker.

I seriously don't know where all this shit about so and so "harming" Torres' confidence have come from.

Looks like someone just said it, and everyone hopped on the bandwagon.

Players know they have to deal with competition (especially at a club like this). Torres right now has a free path to the first team, bringing someone in to compete with him not only helps the team, but should help Torres himself, as he would be looking to do better and get picked ahead of the new striker.

It is the media who hype these gutless stories up and make them a reality. We need another striker to challenge in all competition's and it is as simple as that.

rondon would be a good addition to the squad, he is 22. he won't demand 'first team' as he has a lot to prove. he will get his chances in cup games and games when torres is out injured. he has an ok goal scoring ratio. he's not prolific but he has the potential to be as such. add to that, malaga are being sold and their players will now be for sale to decrease debt and all other financial issues.

it's a no-brainer!

physicality and we can't rely on 2 strikers for 60 games. we need a third one. lukaku is not good enough so rondon/ba would be a good third option.

Lukaku's good enough for a third choice striker I reckon, Rondon isn't going to come here to be a third choice striker.

Lukaku is as physical as it gets.

Sturridge is better IMO.

Edit:

He just scored a beauty for team GB.

Lukaku's good enough for a third choice striker I reckon, Rondon isn't going to come here to be a third choice striker.

Lukaku is as physical as it gets.

Sturridge is better IMO.

Edit:

He just scored a beauty for team GB.

And you laughed at me for saying our strikers are weak. Lukaku is nowhere near good enough, terrible footballer and no physical presence in spite of his size. His jumping for headers is pathetic, has he ever won a header from a goal kick?

And you laughed at me for saying our strikers are weak. Lukaku is nowhere near good enough, terrible footballer and no physical presence in spite of his size. His jumping for headers is pathetic, has he ever won a header from a goal kick?

I don't want the thread to spiral into another one of those youth discussions but Lukaku's not a terrible footballer. I hate the scrutinising of our young players just because they haven't set the world alight in pre season. Many are still forgetting Lukaku is merely 19. If you really feel strongly about discussing Lukaku, please mention me in the Lukaku thread and we'll carry on the debate there.

Fair enough if people are suggesting to bring in a 3rd choice striker if Lukaku is going out on loan, but people want us to sign Cavani or Falcao, which I think is unrealistic as we've still got Torres here. What I was laughing at is how your post depicted that we needed to get a new striker because Torres wasn't influential in the Milan game (which is understandable as it was his first game back) and because Sturridge didn't start for Team GB (even though he later came on and scored a classy goal).

Rondon wouldn't come here as a 3rd choice striker (I feel Sturridge is better than him) so to me Lukaku's fine as third choice striker. 3 players for 1 position up front is fine. Ideally we'd bring in someone like Hulk who can then again offer more depth upfront but with the signing of Oscar it does reduce the need for Hulk slightly. He'd still be a good signing if we got him for ~£25m-£30m.

People really don't realise that we've got a gem in Sturridge on our hands, so personally I'm not worried about what will happen if Torres doesn't perform as Sturridge is more than good enough to step in and start scoring. It's not a coincidence he out scored both Drogba and Torres from out wide last season, the boy can score. Just my opinion though.

Hopefully Sturridge will break through this season and dispel the myth that we need for a new striker even more. We need to give him a new contract ASAP.

rondon would jump at the chance to come to chelsea. he wont be said 'youre the third choice striker' he will see that chelsea only have 2 central strikers! he will fancy his chances if torres doesnt cut it. we have the players to give him the service. he heads and times his jump way better than lukaku and he is a similar sort of big physical striker.

it's a perfect solution for the situation we are in now. we need a forward who can hold the ball up and link the the attacking mids- rondon can do this when torres or daniel cannot.

One central striker and two other (Sturridge & Lukaku) who are young & has to improve ? You want to play a whole season with those 3 ?

I though 2008/2009, 2009/2010 and the end of 2010 showed sufficiently the need to have more than a central & a support striker over 30 to pretend to play at least in 3 tournaments.

We need a new striker anyway. I'd have liked Giroud but I think Rondon or Steven Fletcher can be decent players to bring to add quantity because we need

I would actually like Steven Fletcher. He seems to be a very natural goal scorer and his record in the Premier League gets better each season. If you can score 22 goals at Wolves in two seasons, you have to have a bit of skill.

I would actually like Steven Fletcher. He seems to be a very natural goal scorer and his record in the Premier League gets better each season. If you can score 22 goals at Wolves in two seasons, you have to have a bit of skill.

I think since hes a Scotsman he would be a terrific addition B). Hard to believe 5 seasons ago Steven Fletcher was playing in the SPL now we are talking about potentially signing him for Chelsea... still he would be a decent addition up top imo.

I think since hes a Scotsman he would be a terrific addition B). Hard to believe 5 seasons ago Steven Fletcher was playing in the SPL now we are talking about potentially signing him for Chelsea... still he would be a decent addition up top imo.

Overall he is a worse footballer than Torres but at the moment Fletcher is the better Striker. Fletcher isn't that bad on the ball to be honest.