Salomón Rondón

SeB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No striker is welcome. Torres and Sturridge deserve their chance.

Not again about Torres and deserving his chance, god please !

Anyway I doubt they would sell him and also I do not want him. We have Torres and Sturridge as stated above.

Host of reports are saying we are one of a few premier league clubs interested in Salomon Rondon. He had a decent season at Malaga and is good both in the air and also very fast and has age on his side. They will demand a fee reportdely of around £20m or more, quite expensive but I wouldn't mind a young striker like him who has age on his side and can provide decent competition to Torres

Host of reports are saying we are one of a few premier league clubs interested in Salomon Rondon. He had a decent season at Malaga and is good both in the air and also very fast and has age on his side. They will demand a fee reportdely of around £20m or more, quite expensive but I wouldn't mind a young striker like him who has age on his side and can provide decent competition to Torres

Lukaka?

Lukaka?

Lukaka?

I like Lukaku and believe he has a brilliant future, but an £18m star does not deserve reserve football again for another season. He has got the physical and technical attributes to succeed at us but I would rather him go on loan to another team in the Premier League or another European team where he will play week in, week out. At his age, the most important thing is first team football. If he has another season of substitute appearances it will hinder his potential. It is up to RDM to see how he features in his first team plans so really depends on him

No striker is welcome. Torres and Sturridge deserve their chance.

One central striker and two other (Sturridge & Lukaku) who are young & has to improve ? You want to play a whole season with those 3 ?

I though 2008/2009, 2009/2010 and the end of 2010 showed sufficiently the need to have more than a central & a support striker over 30 to pretend to play at least in 3 tournaments.

We need a new striker anyway. I'd have liked Giroud but I think Rondon or Steven Fletcher can be decent players to bring to add quantity because we need

• 1 month later...

He's a VERY good player, but only when the team caters to him - quite like Torres.

He has to be used in a specific formation with specific tactics to get the best out of him.

The only player I could compare him to in terms of playing style is probably Dzeko.

He would have worked here very well last season, I'm sure; but I doubt he'd work out in our new direction.

he's a central striker and gives us the option of playing him up top if torres and sturridge don't cut it. i think with the right service, rondon will give you goals and we now have a team capable of serving up tap ins for strikers.

i really think we should have a look at this. we've already spent a lot of money this window. a deal like this could be the ideal way to end the window (and a right back). we need two 'good' squad players. azpi and rondon are more than capable of filling the role. both young, and bags of potential.

A young, amtitious striker being signed will only harm torres confidence. We either have to sell torres or keep him as undisputed first choice, otherwise he is uneffective. Apparently the club has chosen to Keep Torres...

Otherwise, 3 Strikers, of which one is inconsistent, one is transfer-willing and will need extra time to recover after the Olympics adn one is unproven, erratic and has little to offer apart from his physique sounds a bit of a gamble.

it wont harm torres's confidence. buying a 'complete' striker will hurt torres's confidence. buying 'next big things' basically mean they are subs to torres. it puts not a lot of pressure on torres. we have to make sure we have a capable strike force. can't rely on torres and sturridge alone! lukaku has to go on loan which leaves a vacancy and rondon can fill that vacancy!

Apart from the fact that about everything harms Torres confidence, why would a player like Rondon who is 22 and raring to go be satisfied with sitting on the Bench? If we buy a striker then s.o. reliable, experience adn cheap, a proven scorer who can offer an extra bit, Hoarau or Kerzhakov go in that direction.

A young, amtitious striker being signed will only harm torres confidence.

What's up next that harms his confidence? Maybe wearing the wrongs socks on Mondays? If Torres can't stand the pressure of having another player at the club who wants to play he can fuck off and become a chess professional instead of playing competitive football. This is Chelsea, not fucking Liverpool where he's the only striker!

Rondon could be an option as our third striker, but I think we'd be better off with someone like Ba (he didn't move to Turkey, did he?).