New CM? Or stick with Mikel and Lamps

Mustafa

We most definitely do need a new CM, I don't think anyone can deny that. Yes Lampard improved towards the latter end of the season when Di Matteo gave him a big hug and cuddled him in bubble wrap from the harsh reality of the fact Frank shouldn't be playing so much now.

I would've loved Modric at Chelsea but he seems La Liga bound, which is better than him ending up at United as far as I'm concerned. That obviously leaves Cabaye, but I don't think we're interested and Newcastle will look for some big, big money for him. I personally think we should pay that big money, because as much as I like Javi Martinez, the guy is a risk for adaptation to the league and he seems Barca-bound too.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We most definitely do need a new CM, I don't think anyone can deny that. Yes Lampard improved towards the latter end of the season when Di Matteo gave him a big hug and cuddled him in bubble wrap from the harsh reality of the fact Frank shouldn't be playing so much now.

I would've loved Modric at Chelsea but he seems La Liga bound, which is better than him ending up at United as far as I'm concerned. That obviously leaves Cabaye, but I don't think we're interested and Newcastle will look for some big, big money for him. I personally think we should pay that big money, because as much as I like Javi Martinez, the guy is a risk for adaptation to the league and he seems Barca-bound too.

yeah i think i could be an outstanding deal if we could grab him for 20m, maybe we could offload a player to them, or maybe just loan a player to them as part of the deal

He should be given more chances in the double pivot role once we buy a new RW. B)

and if he fails in double pivot? i want him to succees there but 433 is where he's most comfotable but RDM loves 4231 and we prob will stick with it. so then he would be on bench like marin batlling for hazard and the rw spot and rotation. dont know if thats wat we want from player who gave soo much to us.

again, i want him to succeed, but just worried for rambo in 4231 and prayin he can succeed in pivot role.

sooo '2'- lamps romeu mikel rambo. thats ok unkess if people really want deep playmaker one of them has to go and it looks like lamps and romeu will have to make way for cabaye, moutinho, javi martinez or whomever.

Yann M'Vila would be perfect for me, he is young, will add depth and can be rotated with Mikel and Lampard

What's the point? He's a slightly better Meireles. Won't provide the "creativity" everybody keeps talking about.

1 more season with the opportunity of Lamps being a first team starter, and then from there on him giving a Giggs role until the day he finally decides to settle down and hang his boots. I think he should be at least given the oppertunity to become the club's top goalscorer, he is SSOOOOoooo close!

There is one young prospect that could play CM. I guess you never heard of him but he is called Josh McEachrean and he will shine if given chance.

Fuck with Modric, I do not want cunt that is obviously playing for his ego and not for his club when we can replace Super Frank with another England player.

Who the fuck said Yann M'Vila is creative? When I've seen him he plays majority of his passes sideways or backwards. He played one decent defence splitting pass against Spain, but the majority of his passes in that game were sideways/backwards/not creative basically.

We need a cm and I would love to see 1 of the 3 below:

1. Sahin- He is young and extremly talented, he is good going forward but needs some work on his defensive game, which one of the best cm can teach him, lamps

.He is a bench warmer at real so him and lamps sharing games will not be a problem. in 2 years or so lamps legs will be tired and sahin should start to peak, it would be perfect. If modric goes to Real then i think we could get sahin for a decent price.

2. Moutinho- He is looking very good in the euro's, he's got speed,skill, good passing ability, and decent defensive ability. one problem he plays for porto.

3. Modric- Excellent player going forward, decent defensive ability. but at 27 he is not young.

All three of these players can be attacking midfieder role or sit in the pivot as deep playmaker role

We need a CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastian schweinsteiger anyone?

• I cant see Schweinsteiger leaving Bayern this summer, or ever if I'm being honest.
  • Spurs won't let Modric go to another PL team.
  • Madrid are very unlikely to let Sahin go so soon after signing him without him ever proving himself in Spain.
  • Cabaye seems settled at Newcastle and would command a huge transfer fee.
  • Moutinho would also command a fee of over £25/30m, which is well overpriced and I doubt Porto would be willing to sell anyway.

Personally I foresee another season with Mikel/Lamps as the starters, with Meireles, Ramires, Essien, Romeu and (loan permitting) Josh, rotating in the double pivot role, which I feel is strong enough. Frankly, I don't see anyone who; is available/on the market, or; doesn't come with a huge price tag.

• I cant see Schweinsteiger leaving Bayern this summer, or ever if I'm being honest.
  • Madrid are very unlikely to let Sahin go so soon after signing him without him ever proving himself in Spain.
  • Moutinho would also command a fee of over £25/30m, which is well overpriced and I doubt Porto would be willing to sell anyway.

Personally I foresee another season with Mikel/Lamps as the starters, with Meireles, Ramires, Essien, Romeu and (loan permitting) Josh, rotating in the double pivot role, which I feel is strong enough. Frankly, I don't see anyone who; is available/on the market, or; doesn't come with a huge price tag.

So there's only 4-5 players in the world that we can buy who plays in that position? I'm pretty sure we're looking at alternatives.

Last year no one was talking about Cabaye as a potential backup to Modric.

Unfortunately this is what’s going to happen, Hazard being our only major signing doesn’t exactly reek of ambition though does it, considering where we ended up in the league last season. Cabaye turns 27 in January, paying over £20m for him would be insane. We need a Lampard replacement now, he can't be the first name on the team sheet for 38 games, as Meireles must remain a squad player.

So there's only 4-5 players in the world that we can buy who plays in that position? I'm pretty sure we're looking at alternatives.

Last year no one was talking about Cabaye as a potential backup to Modric.

I didn't say those were the only players though, did I? I merely commented on the players we've been linked to recently and some of the most common suggestions through the last couple of pages. I'm interested though, who do you see as a viable alternative to the players mentioned above? None come to mind.

Unfortunately this is what’s going to happen, Hazard being our only major signing doesn’t exactly reek of ambition though does it, considering where we ended up in the league last season. Cabaye turns 27 in January, paying over £20m for him would be insane. We need a Lampard replacement now, he can't be the first name on the team sheet for 38 games, as Meireles must remain a squad player.

I really believe that failure to secure a long-term replacement for Lampard could cost us. Obviously it'll be one of the more difficult decisions the club has to make, but it should've been done by now imo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You