Drogba Statue Outside the Bridge

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drogba, Lampard and Terry celebrating statue would be legendary !

This is exactly it. It's difficult to go and give statues to every individual player, but a statue of some of the Chelsea greats celebrating or just grouped together, I can see. Drogba is a Chelsea legend, but Lampard, Terry, and Cech, and even Cole are all part of this golden generation of players.

Someone on this forum suggested this before, a statue on four sides of the stadium:

The "Spine" of our club

The Brain - Petr Cech

The heart- John Terry

The control- Frank Lampard

The power- Didier Drogba

:doh: Ridiculous..

This is just like the argument for retiring jersey numbers all over again, we will have a few dozen 'Drogba calibre' players in the next 100 years, who will contribute just as much. If we erected statues this easily, the outside of stamford bridge would start to look like an art exhibit.

The amount of trophies Drogba has won for us single handedly is unbelievable, the winners and the vital goals to get us into finals and in finals is just unbelievable.

Drogbas last kick of the ball is what won us our first Champions League ever.

The man deserves a statue above all else, as one of the greatest strikers ever.

This is just like the argument for retiring jersey numbers all over again, we will have a few dozen 'Drogba calibre' players in the next 100 years, who will contribute just as much. If we erected statues this easily, the outside of stamford bridge would start to look like an art exhibit.

I very much doubt that, Drogba is a very rare forward who scores those vital goals in big games. 9 goals in 9 finals.

He wasn't a goal scoring forward, but goals came with him, he causes the other team problems, and grabbed many assists and worked with the team. That's why many around him scored when he was in the team. He will be very missed, don't think we will ever have a striker like him.

I'll be honest i don't think we will ever get a better forward than him, i think we will get a forward who will score more goals but not one as good as him. I think he deserves a statue. Remember he won us the Champions League and it was like a dream how it happened, Theirry Henry might of been a goal machine but when it matters on the big day, he was like a league 1 player compared to Drogba.

Drogba, Lampard deserve a statue.

If the club was ending today, I would agree with you.

If we plan to remain for another 100+ years then it's a no brainer why Drogba shouldn’t have a statue, the outside of the stadium will be littered with them ffs, we'll become a laughing stock. The Henry statue outside the emirates is vulgar, 50 years too soon.

I don't agree but how awesome would it be if we did have an art exhibit? :D

Also to be honest I don't think we'll see a big game striker near his level for decades at the Bridge.

If the club was ending today, I would agree with you.

If we plan to remain for another 100+ years then it's a no brainer why Drogba shouldn’t have a statue, the outside of the stadium will be littered with them ffs, we'll become a laughing stock. The Henry statue outside the emirates is vulgar, 50 years too soon.

But he won us our first Champions League ever, and if we do have great times ahead he can be there and only him because he was the symbol of great things to come and winning us our first Champions League.

Guys, no matter what we do, we've already been bettered :(

http://www.chelseafc...2170586,00.html

French club Levallois Sporting Club play in "Le Stade Didier Drogba". Mind, naming a stadium after a person works far better in languages other than English. Le Stade Didier Drogba, Estadio Vicente Calderon, Estadio Santiago Bernabeu all sound better than Peter Osgood Stadium.

Osgood died in 2006, got a statue in 2010.

Re-open this thread in 50 years time.

I don't even want to think about that day :cry:

Osgood died in 2006, got a statue in 2010.

Re-open this thread in 50 years time.

Osgood won us our first European Cup, but not our first Champions League.

You think we will both be on this forum in 50 years time?.