Łukasz Piszczek

Joshyboy

For a back up to Ivan, this guy and Debuchy cannot be it.

It has to be someone young like Azpi, or someone mediocre like Van Der Wiel.

Top players don't want to be back ups.

He won't be coming here thinking he is a backup, he is thinking he would challenge in making the position his own. If you look at our past signings, you would see we don't sign backup players. We sign players that would challenge for the first team.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be coming here thinking he is a backup, he is thinking he would challenge in making the position his own. If you look at our past signings, you would see we don't sign backup players. We sign players that would challenge for the first team.

Marin?

Mineiro says hi.

Steve Sidwell says hi too.

Marin?

Marin has the potential to challenge for a starting spot. He once showed enormous potential, this is more like a low risk high reward signing, hoping a change in scenery would help him reach some of the potential he once showed.

Mineiro says hi.

Steve Sidwell says hi too.

Mineiro seriously? 1-2 appearances he made at Chelsea on a free transfer

Sidwell? One of our worst signings in the Roman era, didn't take us long enough to ship him out.

I should have mentioned we sign players to challenge for a starting squad or potential to do so in the future. Like everything else there are exceptions to the rule. Didn't think people would mention Mineiro, who i completely forgot about.

A good example would have been Benayoun.

Chelsea do not need RB. Ivanovic is very capable & there are some young kids to play as backups for the last 20 minutes or so.

Chelsea needs more attackers to pop in more goals.

Their defense is one of the best there is if not the best.

Chelsea do not need RB. Ivanovic is very capable & there are some young kids to play as backups for the last 20 minutes or so.

Chelsea needs more attackers to pop in more goals.

Their defense is one of the best there is if not the best.

I've lost count how many times this is said but brana won't play 60 games a season! Bosingwa managed i think about 35-40 appearances last season - do you honestly expect an 18 year old to play that amount of games?!

For a back up to Ivan, this guy and Debuchy cannot be it.

It has to be someone young like Azpi, or someone mediocre like Van Der Wiel.

Top players don't want to be back ups.

Neither do young players....

Azpi wont move to us to be a backup when he could play for Marseille still who are usually in the CL as first choice.

He's 21 and looking to break in to the Spanish national team against the likes of Arbaloa and Ramos(who will play CB for Spain when Puyol retires likely) so why would he sit on the bench and play half the games he would usually play in France?

Anyway Piszczek is meant to be class, not seem him much but I was impressed enough with how he played in the 3 games. Looked great going forward and is actually for once, one of the only right fullbacks who is equally as good at defending as well as going forward!

There are reports hes Real Madrid bound so if we are to try and get him we must try and hijack this deal....

Sorry that wasn't worded well. I mite have considered piszczek if he was younger but as he's a similar age to debuchy i would prefer the frenchman because i've been more impressed with him when watching.

• 2 weeks later...

Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek tops Chelsea shortlist in right-back hunt

Chelsea are poised to step up their hunt for a new right-back in the next few days, with manager Roberto Di Matteo drawing up a four-man shortlist.

However, Di Matteo has drawn up a list of four other options, including Borussia Dortmund star Lukasz Piszczek, Ajax's Gregory van der Wiel, Lille's Mathieu Debuchy and Manchester United youngster Rafael da Silva.

http://www.metro.co....right-back-hunt

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You